[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 960

aktiv:

Hello all.

Question: is it possible to change deviation parameter in bolinger_bands_stop indicator to non integer numbers (e.g. 0,38)

I don't know codes, if anyone can help me

exactly this implementation is impossible, because the code calls the technical indicator from MT4 Bollinger Bands

smax[shift]=iBands(NULL,0,Length,Deviation,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,shift);
 smin[shift]=iBands(NULL,0,Length,Deviation,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,shift);
, it has input parameters:

double iBands( string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int deviation, int bands_shift, int applied_price, int mode, int shift)

as you see, the deviation parameter is of the int type, and passing the deviation=0.38 will cause the indicator to be called with the 0 parameter (the type conversion will take place)

therefore, you must first rewrite (or find a ready-made) iBands indicator

aktiv:

Hello all.

Question: is it possible to change deviation parameter in bolinger_bands_stop indicator to non integer numbers (e.g. 0,38)

I do not know the code, if anyone can help

As an option.

Files:

Thank you!

Is it possible to insert an alert in the BB??? (cross the deviation line downwards or upwards - beeped)?

aktiv:

Thank you!

Is it possible to insert an alert in the BB??? (cross the deviation line downwards or upwards - beeped)?

This is already a self

Vinin:

It is possible to optimise the EA to work faster, but the tester ... I don't know.
I do not know how to optimize the EA even more. It already calculates only the opening of each hourly candle, and tracks whether the price reaches a predetermined level, on every tick. If you remove tracking at every tick - then the tester runs a year for 3-4 minutes, and if every tick - it takes 15-20 minutes ...(( So maybe I need to upgrade my laptop: change the processor to a more powerful? Will it help? Something can increase the rendering speed, except optimizing the program? Or it should not be on this forum ? Please, tell me...!

volshebnik:
I do not know how to optimize my Expert Advisor further. It already performs calculations only at opening of each hourly candle and tracks if the price reaches a certain level - at every tick. If you remove tracking at every tick - then the tester runs a year for 3-4 minutes, and if every tick - it takes 15-20 minutes ...(( So maybe I need to upgrade my laptop: change the processor to a more powerful? Will it help? Something can increase the rendering speed, except optimizing the program ? Or it should not be on this forum ? Please, tell me...!

Looks like you'll have to switch to nuclear fuel for your computer... or see a psychiatrist...

My EA runs a month's test in 1.5 days. And somehow it doesn't bother me... The main thing for me is to take into account in the code almost any abnormal situation during trading.

Money is more important than a 10 year test in one microsecond... :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

artmedia70:

Looks like you'll have to switch to nuclear fuel for your computer... or see a psychiatrist...

My EA runs a month's test in 1.5 days. And somehow it doesn't bother me... For me, the main thing is to account for almost any abnormal situation during trading in the code.

Money is more important than a 10 year test in one microsecond... :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The answer is incorrect for some reason (maybe you need to see a psychiatrist ? ))) The words "nuclear fuel" are only generic. Rather, you've never thought about it - look at Japan's experience with "idea generators". I need to find the EA variant with the best results, and for that I need to run it many times (about a thousand times) with different parameters. Your Expert Advisor has 18 days - to pass the test of the year. Multiply by one thousand = 49 years. At that rate, I think it would replace your sweat lodge. If you have any constructive thoughts or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

volshebnik:
I don't know how to optimise the EA even more. It already makes calculations only on the opening of each hourly candle, and tracks whether the price reaches a given level - keeps it on every tick. If you remove tracking at every tick - then the tester runs a year for 3-4 minutes, and if every tick - it takes 15-20 minutes ...(( So maybe I need to upgrade my laptop: change the processor to a more powerful? Will it help? Something can increase the rendering speed, except optimizing the program ? Or it should not be on this forum ? Please tell me...!
You need to find the weaknesses in the Expert Advisor and optimize them. If you want help, you can post the code. The more so, the slowness is because of slow indicators which are written by the Expert Advisor or because of complicated calculations which are called 10 times per tick.

volshebnik:
The answer is incorrect for some reason (maybe you need to see a psychiatrist ? ))) The words "nuclear fuel" are only generic. More likely you have never thought about it - look at Japan's experience with "idea generators". I need to find the EA variant with the best results, and for that I need to run it many times (about a thousand times) with different parameters. Your Expert Advisor has 18 days - to pass the test of the year. Multiply by one thousand = 49 years. At that rate, I think it would replace your sweat lodge. If you have any constructive thoughts or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

It's all individual and all IMHO.

"...I need to find the EA variant with the best results..." These results - mean almost nothing for the present and future - they are adjusted for HISTORY - and therefore for the past.

It's all about, in particular my attitude to speed and, even more so, to optimization - I try to bring adjustable EA parameters down to zero. According to my observations - optimization is just a matter of fitting to historical data which has no meaning for the present. Why do I need a toy that trades reasonably well in the past?

For that very reason, all my EAs have self-adjusting parameters for the current market situation and do not react to history with rigidly written parameters, but to current events, dynamically changing some of their parameters to fit the present... And I NEVER optimize them. It's enough for me to run a month or two of history to find errors and make sure my Expert Advisor logic works correctly and is profitable.

So, don't take my soldier's humour to heart. I apologise, I hope - no offence? :))

Techno:
You need to find the weaknesses in the EA and optimise them. If you want help, post the code. In general, slow performance is usually caused by self-written slow indicators, which the Expert Advisor uses, or 10 times per tick to access complex calculations.
My comments will be useful. I have been using the standard MA indicators. The code is more than a thousand lines, I think some one would not like to bother with it. The calculation is done once per one tick (I checked it with "alerts").
Reason: