[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 654

gordeef:

Thank you. But I would like to know at least in general terms what they mean. If you don't mind.

Permission for Expert Advisor to work with external libraries. I.e., the code of the Expert Advisor is not all in the EA, some of the code is in a separate .dll file, and that is what you allow the EA to work with.

Abzasc:

Allow EA to work with external libraries. In other words, the EA code is not all in the EA, part of the code is in a separate .dll file, so you allow the EA to work with it.

And how do you know whether the Expert Advisor uses them or not? Or just enable them all the time when you use the EA and do not bother?

gordeef:

How do you know whether an EA uses them or not? Or just switch them on every time you use an EA and do not bother?

If the EA is only from .mq4 - probably not, additional files are usually packed with the EA and in description... Or don't bother, but it's better not to set manual confirmation. Otherwise, the Expert Advisor will ask, but there will be nobody to answer it ))

I see, thank you. And that's exactly what I wanted to know about the manual confirmation. Thanks again.

Hi, I'm starting to learn MQL4. I'm using the description of the ArrayCopyRates function to run the code:

double array1[][6];
ArrayCopyRates(array1,"EURUSD", PERIOD_H1);
Print("Текущий бар ",TimeToStr(array1[0][0]),"цена открытия ", array1[0][1]);

I get a message:

2010.06.27 16:54:49 Test EURCHFFXF,H4: Текущий бар 1970.01.01 00:00 цена открытия 0

The current bar is 1970 and the opening price is 0. Is ArrayCopyRates not working correctly? I tried to check other elements of array array1[10][1]), array1[20][1]) etc. - all open prices are 0, but the bar date is 1970.01.01 00:00.

Why is it that array1 doesn't contain chart data? If this problem is not solved, how else can I get the data of the currency pair trades on some timeframe (let it be hourly) into the array?

xtonic:

http://www.earnforex.com/blog/2008/01/quality-metatrader-historical-data/

The article is this one, not the most recent of course - 2008

Anyway, booting in the standard way didn't seem to work, it showed me a striped line that it was loading something, then everything remained as in the screenshot, the tester gave the same error,

restarting won't do anything either.

Still not clear what exactly you do.

Write step by step (1,2,3,4, ...). There is no desire or time to guess.

For example, have you changed Max. Bars in the window and in the history... etc.

Also, not all MT4 brokers seem to provide a long history (since 1999) for all timeframes.

The quotes history, downloaded during operation, is written to the hard drive when the terminal is closed; before that it is stored in the memory. Do I understand it correctly?

xtonic:

http://www.earnforex.com/blog/2008/01/quality-metatrader-historical-data/

The article is this one, not the most recent of course - 2008

Anyway, booting in the standard way didn't seem to work, it showed me a striped line that it was loading something, then everything remained as in the screenshot, the tester gives the same error,

restarting it does not work either.

I cannot find the correct way to download quotes from HistoryCenter for some reason, so here is a link to Alpari + video clip and here a bit more, it describes everything in details, in addition there is an educational flash.

Abzasc 27.06.2010 20:08
The quotes history, downloaded during work, is written to HDD when terminal is closed, before that it is stored in memory. Do I get it right?

History is stored in the folder "MetaTrader 4 root folder\history"

ToLik_SRGV:

History is stored in the "MetaTrader 4 root folder\history" folder.

The question was different. The terminal works, the history is downloaded. Where is it going?

I was just figuring out where the glitch is, and it seems that the downloaded history is written to the hard drive when the terminal is closed, not during operation.

Abzasc:

Figuring out just where the glitch is, and it looks like the dosed history is written to the drive when the terminal is closed, not while it's running.

Naturally, and when else.
Reason: