[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 265

is the inform name box created?

No, that's the thing.

Inform() looks for a subwindow with a name:

Win_ind= WindowFind("inform")

And the indicator, in the subwindow of which the messages are to be displayed, has the name Inform. Textbook error.

Dmido >> :
no that's the point(

Then download the indicator, compile it exactly like this (taking into account the previous speaker's remarks) and run it. You will see a window where the messages will be shown.

HERE! HOORAY!

weird. has such a topic come up on the forum yet? or did the search just go silent on the error?

Thanks so much, I'll try to fix it...maybe it'll work

and how did you notice?)

P.S.alsu similarly thanks for the help)

Dmido >> :

HERE! HOORAY!

weird. has such a topic come up on the forum yet? or did the search just go silent on the error?

thanks so much, i'll try to fix it...maybe it'll work

and how did you notice?)

P.S.alsu similarly thanks for the help)

The devil is in the details - I've lived a long time - I'm used to looking there. )))

How do I get the EA to trigger after each bar is built?

thanks

snowman647 >> :

How do you make an EA trigger after each bar is built?

thanks

Search for it here often... I've been struggling with it myself for a long time...

There are two ways, one is triggering on a new bar, the other is just a timer Yuraz wrote somewhere...

snowman647 >> :

How do I get an EA to trigger after each bar is built?

thanks

The EA is attached to the instrument. Which bars of which TF should be tracked by the Expert Advisor itself.

int start()

{

static datetime old_time=0;

if (iTime(NULL,TF,0) == old_time) return; //TF - required timeframe. If 0 - current. Return if same bar.

... ...EA operation... //if new bar or start - operate

old_time=iTime(NULL,TF,0) ; // on the next entry we will wait for a new bar. This line can be placed under the first one, if old_time is not used in the Expert Advisor.

}

Thank you very much.

Here's the question

I wrote an EA with some functions imported from a DLL - I try to run a strategy tester and get

2009.10.22 12:45:37 2009.02.16 00:00 expert06 EURUSD,M15: dll calls are not allowed; 'mql.dll'-'make_choise'

I cannot use DLL for testing strategy of my EA?

or what kind of error?

Reason: