[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 643

Craft:

Thank you, I have everything tested, I want to try trading via MT.
So put your strategy in there, I've already written exactly where, ignore the rest...

artmedia70:
So put your strategy in there, I've already written exactly where, ignore the rest...

Thanks, I'll take a walk and give it a try. Already my eyes are popping out of my head.

It's quicker to get a handle on WellsLab 5 with#.

Craft:

Thanks, I'll take a walk and give it a try. Already my eyes are popping out of my head.

It's quicker to get a handle on it with WellsLab 5.

Well, it's C++. At least it looks very similar...

artmedia70:
Well, it's C++. At least it looks like that...

So in other terminals, if there is an indicator, take any value from it by specifying a bar [ ] or plot it without buffer and array, or if you need an average value, for example, take the MA for a calculated value or for the bar perimeter, the rest is hidden behind the interface, while here everything is dumped on the user. As an example, below is the template for strategy in VelsLab 5:

+ a bunch of strategy implementation blocks, entry/exit conditions and all sorts of crawling stops and takeprofits, do a roulez outline through the script - everything will fit into place in the script, just natfel refinement, and also nearby - C#.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using System.Drawing;
using WealthLab;
using WealthLab.Indicators;

namespace WealthLab.Strategies
{
        public class MyStrategy : WealthScript
        {
                protected override void Execute()
                {
                        for(int bar = 20; bar < Bars.Count; bar++)
                        {
                                if (IsLastPositionActive)
                                {
                                        //code your exit rules here
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                        //code your entry rules here
                                }
                        }
                }
        }
}

And here - an account of open positions, the condition on the opening, the condition on the closing + providing possible errors and actions on them.

Well, what the hell with it, you have created such a user friendly interface for strategy development, provide at least a template with all these blocks and only trading conditions for me. Instead of this abstruse sheets of descriptions.

Craft:

In other terminals, if you have an indicator, you may take any value from it indicating a bar [ ] or create a chart without buffer and array, or if you need an average value, for example, take MA for either a calculated value or bar perimeter, all the rest is hidden in the interface, while here everything is written for a user. As an example, below is the template for the strategy in WellsLab 5:

+ a bunch of strategy implementation blocks with all sorts of crawling stops and takeprofits.

And here - accounting for open positions, condition for opening, condition for closing + providing for possible errors and actions on them.

Well, what the hell with it, such a user Friendly interface for strategy development has created, provide at least a template with all these blocks...

Not everyone can be suited to blocks written by one man for their needs... More freedom of choice is given here. I like it... IMHO

artmedia70:
Not everyone can fit into blocks written by one man for their needs... More freedom of choice is given here. I like it... IMHO

I'm not arguing, but there's more to be gained from it than from printers looking for errors with EAs that work according to different rules under similar conditions.

And if you think that you can't fit any of the blocks under the template above, you're very much mistaken.

Craft:

I'm not arguing, but you should use it as a starting point, rather than looking for mistakes with EAs that work according to different rules under similar conditions.

And if you think that you can't fit some kind of squiggle under the template above without a block, you're very much mistaken.

As for the absence of a debugger - good point, but it is good enough for me because I see the rational reason in it. I'm a beginner and I'm programming in MQL4 since April this year, so I'd better search around and write all code with its logic on a piece of paper - it helps me understand what's going on quicker... Although there are situations, when you have to go deeply and deeply, I'm glad there are experienced people, who can help and advise us, clueless programmers... :)

HELP !!!

I have a signal to open an order. How to make so that would open one order and not several (with the same parameters). The thing is that when I open a lot of orders always open, since the signal to open is present...

itum:

HELP !!!

I have a signal to open an order. How to make so that would open one order and not several (with the same parameters). The thing is that when I open a lot of orders always open, as a signal to open the present.

Before opening a position, please check if the same is already open, for example for a magician and if it is, the position has already been opened and there is no need to open it.

If there is a signal to open several positions, you can set an interval between openings, and if time has passed after the first position was opened more than the time set in the interval - then open another one, if less, then it is too early to open...

artmedia70:

Before opening a position, check if the same position is already open, e.g. for magic, and if so, the position is already open and there is no need to open it.

If you need to open several positions in the presence of a signal, you can set an interval between openings and if the time has passed after the first position opened more than the time set in the interval - open another one, if less, then it is too early to open...

I already did it this way, but in future, there will also be signals and the order will not open by the signal at all. It seems to be a simple thing, but I cannot figure out how to do it! Help!

How do you do it? GA

Reason: