who ! who ! but me to school............

Hello, I want to learn how to program, I'm sick of sitting near a monitor and try to write my own trading system

Any advice on where to start?

From the tutorial https://book.mql4.com/ru/, there are also Rosh's articles on Alpari http://www.alpari-idc.ru/ru/articles_mql4/.

If school, then first any C book without pluses, but with obligatory examples.
examples are typed in MQL and made to work.
Otherwise))))))))))))))))))))))

wirwes писал(а) >>

Hello, I want to learn how to program, I'm sick of sitting near a monitor and try to write my own trading system

Any advice on where to start?

General grammar... ;)

programmer's advice:

1. if you know the meaning of programming, learn the syntax and language structure, and you will immediately become a guru

2. If you do not know the meaning of programming, I advise you to start with the simplest non-OOP languages (such as pascal) to understand the meaning of programming

for all programming languages have the same meaning - the difference is in syntax:

For example, who is easier to learn a foreign language, the one who can speak or the one who can't speak? (Children from diapers are hardly taught to speak English, if they can't pronounce a word in Russian, while understanding Russian).

It is easy for any professional to switch from one programming language to another, as the only difference is in syntax, while the general sense is the same.

When you get to the point where you start thinking with programming method, then you can safely consider yourself a programmer, and you will be zumab to ANY OOP language.

Xalegi >> :

programmer's advice:

2. if you do not know the meaning of programming, I advise to start with the simplest non-oOP languages (the same pascal) to understand the meaning of programming

for all programming languages have the same meaning, the difference in syntax:

Is the programmer? There are classes in pascal. All programming languages have a different meaning. You can't compare Haskell and Kumir or Pascal, for example.

If you only need programming to write a strategy for MT, you don't need to understand the essence of programming to do that.

For example, who is easier to learn a foreign language, a person who can speak or someone who can not speak? (It is unlikely that children from diapers are taught to speak in English, if he could not pronounce the word in Russian, while understanding the Russian language).

Bad example. It has long been known that languages are harder to learn with age.

It is not difficult for any professional to switch from one programming language to another, as the only difference is syntax, while the general sense is the same.

A professional would not dare to express such thoughts out loud. For see above.

2TheXpert

1. what is the difference between Pascal and Object Pascal? (that's a question about OOP, then) especially since I didn't specify the Assembler

2. To write a strategy, but not a "hello word", you need complex loops, conditions, interruptions, which are everywhere and in some languages are easier to use than in more complex OOP.

3. The example was given with the "from scratch" condition. And the meaning I wanted to convey a sentence earlier.

4. The professional will not say it, because for him it is a fact and an axiom. (I am reminded of an anthology: "How did you learn English so fast? - All words in it are taken from C++")

5. I have been programming for 13 years.

Xalegi >> :

2TheXpert

1. what is the difference between Pascal and Object Pascal? (that's a question about OOP, then) especially since I didn't specify the Assembler

Asm is not worth mixing in, MQL4 is JVU. And about Pascal -- honestly, I haven't seen a non-objective one, but if I'm wrong, sorry, it's been too long ago.

2. to write a strategy, and not a "hello word", you need complex loops, conditions, interruptions, which are everywhere and in some languages are easier to use than in more complex OOP.

OOP is just one of the paradigms. And its absence doesn't prevent the creation of good programs. And many non-programmers manage to do it.

4. A pro will not say this because for him it is a fact and an axiom. (I recall an anecdote: "How did you learn English so quickly? - All words in it are taken from C++")

C++ is not all programming languages.

5. I have been programming for 13 years.

Well, I am 7. The only indicator is not so much experience as knowledge and skills.

1- Some people are not given to write programs

2- Some people are born to write programs

2- Some are born to write software.

There are in fact few first ones.

wirwes >> :

Hello, I want to learn how to program, I'm sick of sitting near a monitor, I will try to write my own trading system

>> who's got advice on where to start?

Figar0 advises correctly. Then study EAs/indicators/scripts/function libraries from Code Base, of course all this should be combined with programming practice. And then you can make grails ;)

2TheXpert

Again, you're not reading my whole post, missing important points:

1. I didn't say that C++ is the only programming language and it's only mentioned in the joke

2. As for OOP, I think you will agree that it is harder to understand some programming principles than in non-OPOP languages

3. Here I will argue with you again. Take any job with a good compilation of work there you will see the line "nnn years of experience", to provide even more confidence in the knowledge (some jobs) it is mandatory to have some international certification (well I have an OCP in Oracle, which I got not so long ago) but to tell you the truth it's just a piece of paper... Why do they not recruit young students who graduated from GUU with an MBA straight to CEO? Again ... experience is required ... to understand all the intricacies and pitfalls that do not give knowledge, but experience.

4. about the three points about who can and who cannot write, everybody can write, and everything depends on the desire to get results; there is a good saying: "you can't teach, you can learn. Yes some things are easier for some people than others, but we're not talking about the culture of ancient China here ... this is a technical conversation.

Or you can save a lot of time and nerves by doing nothing. For the end result is the same :)
Reason: