Strange observation ! - page 6

rid писал(а) >>

Now the expert has started working again!

And the stop level is now=10 !

Exactly - the server is shaking!

It's not the server that is fidgeting, it's variable stop levels, their stop levelling at market volatility moments and before the news is widening to 30.

2008.11.26 10:12:07 Account: XXXXX Server: Alpari Ltd.
2008.11.26 10:12:07 3 10
2008.11.26 19:13:12 Link Control enabled
2008.11.26 10:13:13 Link with the server is restored
2008.11.26 10:15:32 3 30
2008.11.26 10:40:40 3 10
2008.11.26 14:00:08 Server connection terminated
2008.11.26 14:01:08 Server connection reestablished
2008.11.26 14:16:48 3 30
2008.11.26 14:36:17 3 10
2008.11.26 18:06:28 Expert deinitialized
2008.11.26 18:06:11 Server connection terminated
2008.11.26 18:06:11 Communication control deinitialized
2008.11.26 20:25:58 Expert initialized
2008.11.26 20:26:01 Account: XXXXX Server: Alpari Ltd.
2008.11.26 20:26:01 5 10
2008.11.27 05:57:58 GMT connection control enabled
2008.11.26 20:57:59 Server connection restored
2008.11.26 23:04:43 Server connection terminated
2008.11.26 23:06:15 Server connection re-established

Yes - I've figured that out already!

But there are times when stoplosses expand when volatility is low. For no apparent reason.

This is the observation of the last 2/3 months. Perhaps I am wrong and I am "dreaming"!

Nevertheless, I will share an observation.

Suppose I have open positions. Profitable at the moment.

And I noticed that when I switch on mt4 the following happens:

Within 10-15 seconds after enabling mt4 the price of profitable open positions, as if on command, rolls back against me by 5-15 pips! And 2-3 minutes later it goes back to the initial value!

Curiously, I also noticed it on demo accounts. But mostly, of course, I see it on my real accounts.

And I see this (frankly speaking) regularity quite often. To declare it in this thread!

And today too. I saw such a case on Fuji and 6BH9 on real.

I am curious to know the opinion of others / Who may have encountered it?

Who may have experienced it?

rid >> :

Curious to hear the views of those present /

>> who may have come across it?

It's called survivalist addiction (according to Taleb). You remember the negative, but you don't notice the positive. That's why these subjective statistics begin to form.

Good afternoon all !
//-----------------------------
I'm having problems with OPERA again !
Installed the latest version 10-53 yesterday
And found that there are several glitches at once!

1. Stopped saving pictures (pics) from Ineta pages!
Clicking pr. mouse / SAVE PICTURE
Then goes hangs for 2-4 seconds and nothing happens!

2. Stopped saving pages!
After clicking on "Save" - goes hover 2-3 sec. but the window "review" does not pop up.

3. Stopped pasted pictures when writing posts on forums.
Here and here now I want and can not insert an explanatory picture.... Pressing the REVIEW button selects the image address, but the browser hangs for a few seconds again, and the REVIEW screen does not appear.
//-------------------------
It's time to put the old version (9-63) back on.
Can anyone suggest how to fix the problem?
Reinstallation does not help. Dr. browsers work without the glitches described. But I need opera (got used to). Yes, and slow down, for some reason a lot of IE and MF ...

The 10.5x versions don't install correctly when installed on top of the old ones. Really, reinstalling doesn't help. You should wait for new versions, but in the meantime sit on FF or Chrome (there are some good builds).

No, for me "... Wait for new versions" is not an option for me. I don't want to switch to any other browser, I'm very used to it.
I've just found out that the OPEN button doesn't work either!
It won't open the REVIEW window...

Checked the official Russian-language OPERA website - http://my.opera.com/russian/forums/forum.dml?id=27721
Judging by the dozens of complaints about recent versions, all are glitches of Opera itself and carelessness of developers and proofreaders.
//--------------------
Went to put back the old version...

Prival писал(а) >>

No one in their right mind and mind will give you information about their quote provider and how their own filters work. If you insist, they'll say we take it from e-signal. Take them and try to process them. But if they just broadcast, then do not worry it is a trade secret (if it is not another kitchen).

Hi Sergei !

You've lost some weight and got younger. Forex is a good thing ! :-)

If you're talking about Deals, they may do anything. It's too expensive to fight them. Especially to play Forex through them.

If we are talking about normal forex brokers, the situation is actually different. Every broker has liquidity providers, which are real banks carrying out real operations with currency. And the broker has (not can, but must have) more than one such supplier. These banks supply the broker with their own quotation stream, which the broker can use to make real currency transactions with them. These suppliers are not a secret, but the pride of the broker. The cooler the banks and the more of them the broker has, the more he trumpets about it because it gives more options to both him and his clients. My broker, for example, has 5 such suppliers. And each of them is a top-tier global bank. And the broker was happy to announce the conclusion of an agreement with each of them at the time.

No one really shows their filters to anyone. What for? The broker broadcasts such a quotation stream to the clients that lies entirely within the aggregate stream that the broker gets from his providers. As a result he can always overlap the client's orders with one of the supplier banks. Simple and straightforward mechanics. It's just a question of good quality software so that everything works with minimal delay and in full atomata. As far as I understand, MT provides such opportunities, although the technology "what you click is what you get" does not. Or maybe it doesn't depend on the software, but on the broker.

So knowledge of an incoming stream, if anything, will not give you much. Too much, in fact. We will have to develop our own algorithm, which will determine the direction of further movement of broker's rates based on 5 incoming streams, for example. And all this for the sake of 1-3 pips. Is it worth ?

Yurixx писал(а) >>

Hi Sergei !

You've lost some weight and got younger. Forex is good for you ! :-)

If you're talking about brokerage companies, they can do anything. It's too expensive to fight them. Especially to play Forex through them.

If we are talking about normal forex brokers, the situation is actually different. Every broker has liquidity providers, which are real banks carrying out real operations with currency. And the broker has (not can, but must have) more than one such supplier. These banks supply the broker with their own quotation stream, which can be used by the broker to make real currency transactions with them. These suppliers are not a secret, but the pride of the broker. The cooler the banks and the more of them the broker has, the more he trumpets about it because it gives more options to both him and his clients. My broker, for example, has 5 such suppliers. And each of them is a top-tier global bank. And the broker was happy to announce the conclusion of an agreement with each of them at the time.

No one really shows their filters to anyone. What for? The broker broadcasts such a quotation stream to the clients that lies entirely within the aggregate stream that the broker gets from his providers. As a result he can always overlap the client's orders with one of the supplier banks. Simple and straightforward mechanics. It's just a question of good quality software so that everything works with minimal delay and in full atomata. As far as I understand, MT provides such opportunities, although the technology "what you click is what you get" does not. Or maybe it doesn't depend on the software, but on the broker.

So knowledge of an incoming stream, if anything, will not give you much. Too much, in fact. We will have to develop our own algorithm, which will determine the direction of further movement of broker's rates based, for example, on 5 incoming streams. And all this for the sake of 1-3 pips. Is it worth ?

Could you tell me the broker, at least in person?
Reason: