Trading sessions or how important time is

Overseas time

asia session opens 01-00 to 10-00,

europe - 07-00 to 16-00

america - 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

There is a slight lull from 23:00 to 01:00.

I propose to share my experience who and how uses trading sessions for their own good. Theoretical truth say something like: Asian is the most aggressive, the European is the biggest by volume, etc.

Does anyone have any interesting observations? Is timing crucial to your strategy?

Timing is important, especially when trading intraday in the franc. Two to three hours after the start of a new day, the minimum movement is a shallow flat, which is always followed by a powerful movement.

For other pairs the time effect is less important. The largest movement in them usually starts after 3:00 pm. But it is hardly correct to base the TS on it. One should have something more fundamental (than a simple conclusion based on what?) to substantiate the connection between trading and time.

Meta-trader2007, I didn't intend to base my TS on this position alone. But I think you should not underestimate the time and take it only for some pairs, although your observations about the franc are correct - I was convinced of that myself.

I suggest everyone share their observations with time! Very interesting topic.

Search here, there was a topic by YuraZ about breaking the morning flat, he described in great detail one of the strategies based on time, by the way the idea works.

By the way, if anyone has an indicator that colours candles by session, it might help to see something

well to be honest time does matter...

for example at 15:00 am america enters... often this means a 50-100 pips drop in the euro... of course there may be a pullback afterwards, but the americans are fighting for their quid... that's a fact...

but personally i prefer to do everything with my hands and trade on events... At least you can know that there will be a move and you can catch 20-100 pips depending on the news...

Mark33 писал (а) >>

Overseas time

asia session opens 01-00 to 10-00,

europe - 07-00 to 16-00

america - 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

There is a slight lull from 23:00 to 01:00.

I propose to share my experience who and how uses trading sessions for their own good. Theoretical truth say something like: Asian is the most aggressive, the European is the biggest in terms of volumes, etc.

Does anyone have any interesting observations? Is timing the most important for your strategy?

I've been doing an automatic on a breakdown of a morning flat!

A beauty ! but !

1-Huge drawdowns.

2-requires the analytical perception of the market, i.e. i think you can use it, but as a semi-automatic.

3-possible beautiful drain

The principle of trade is very simple

about 6-7 hours of dc time about 2 hours gmt difference

a so called night-time flat

usually at the start of the European session a breakdown of these levels takes place

and if the euro breaks through the flat and the chiff breaks through the flat, you enter in two pairs in the direction of the breakdown

something like this

timing + synchronism between the two pairs, which are very mirrored

put the two charts of eur and chif on H1 and look at them, they are synchronous as in a mirror, this is the property used

Ivan-54 писал (а) >>

but the americans are fighting for their quid... that's a fact...

it's not a fact, there's no national pride, just business interests.

Kharin писал (а) >>
Search here, there was a topic by YuraZ about break of morning flat, he described in details one of the strategies, based on time, by the way, the idea works.

Give me the link, please. You know better what words were in the thread - I'm going to search all day...

As for the American quid, I often noticed that after the European session the price was not in favour of the quid, as you say. However, there were cases when the quid really took off against the trend when it entered the American zone, but still obeyed the general current. But on one such powerful reversal sometimes you can take 20pts for 30 min.

that's the name of the topic, themorning flat
Reason: