Can you tell me which trading systems anyone knows? I'm sick of metatrader! - page 8

MProgrammer:
Goldtrader:
It's not an excuse, it's a suggestion.

And what does it have to do with division, much less zero? :(

You don't have to guess - "where's the division"... Just answer my question about "what happens if your EA tracks orders. If it divides by zero?" Anything may happen. Right? No one is immune to mistakes.

Most probably, the EA will stop working and no one will suspect about it.

stringo:

Open the help in the client terminal. Section "Trading - Trade positions management - Setting pending orders". It reads:

Expiry - set the expiry date of the order. If the order has not triggered by this time, it will be deleted automatically.
Please note: The expiry time of the order must be at least 10 minutes!

Aha! We got you! Not 10 but 11!!! The reason is that the order expiry time is calculated as the difference between the expiry time and the time the order was accepted for processing. This difference is rounded down to the nearest minute, i.e. seconds are simply cut off. Ideally, the order will get to be processed the same second.

And in the usual case, this is what it looks like. We have calculated the time of expiration of exactly 10 minutes. By the time the order enters processing, it will have 9 minutes and 55 seconds to live. The seconds have been discarded and we have 9 minutes left. No good.

Why didn't they write it in the language reference? Because it is not related to programming, but to the general rules of trading from the client terminal, just like the rules of placing stops, rules of pending orders, etc.

Why can we set by hand 1 minute before an order expires? This is our fault. Although, this limitation is clearly stated in the manual for pending order setting

You see, everything is much easier to explain than you thought. You have only to ask the technical support. Ask more often - you will have fewer questions.......

stringo:

Open the help in the client terminal. Section "Trading - Trade positions management - Setting pending orders". It reads:

Expiry - to set the expiry date of the order. If the order is not triggered by this time, it will be deleted automatically.
Warning: The expiry time of the order must be at least 10 minutes!

Aha! We got you! Not 10 but 11!!! The reason is that the order expiry time is calculated as the difference between the expiry time and the time the order was accepted for processing. This difference is rounded down to the nearest minute, i.e. seconds are simply cut off. Ideally, the order will get to be processed the same second.

And in the usual case, this is what it looks like. We have calculated the time of expiration of exactly 10 minutes. By the time the order enters processing, it will have 9 minutes and 55 seconds to live. The seconds have been discarded and we have 9 minutes left. No good.

Why didn't they write it in the language reference? Because it is not related to programming, but to the general rules of trading from the client terminal, just like the rules of placing stops, rules of pending orders, etc.

Why can we set by hand 1 minute before an order expires? This is our fault. Although, this limitation is clearly stated in the manual for pending order placing

This is how it turns out that the description of "handles" says "10 minutes" but actually works "even for a minute", and when you set a programmer, it triggers only at 11 minutes and we haven't even mentioned this time limit ... At least they gave you a link in the programming help.

Oh, well. This is really not a problem, better tell me why there will be no API or can be?

Integer:
MProgrammer:
Goldtrader:
It's not an excuse, it's a suggestion.

And what does it have to do with division, much less zero? :(

You don't have to guess - "where's the division"... Just answer my question about "what happens if your EA tracks orders. If it divides by zero?" Anything may happen. Right? No one is immune to mistakes.

Most probably, the Expert Advisor will stop working and no one will suspect about it.

That's 100%...

And what's interesting is that the orders will still be there. And they will work, because there will be nobody to delete them. But, if the Expert Advisor would restart or at least Watchdog would work, then ... Then there would be some hope... Or if those orders, which were opened by this dead EA and which can be closed by.... Or if those orders which were opened by this dead EA and which can be closed by it_COPY had closed automatically, then it would have been nice.

But the losses... In general, the point is that we shouldn't really entrust order management to an unreliable tool. The terminal and the script is not reliable. There are servers and orders with conditions for that.

So it's bad advice to "program" removal into the EA.

MProgrammer:

But if the EA was to restart, or at least a Watchdog, then... Then at least there would be some hope... Or if those orders, which were opened by this dead EA and which can be closed by.... Or at least it would make us happy if those orders that were opened by this dead EA were closed automatically.

A normal (correct) terminal should have generally filtered orders before they were placed and prohibited sending ones which were known to be losing to the server. :)

MProgrammer:

But the terminal and the script is not reliable. So it's a bad advice to "program removal" in the Expert Advisor.

If that is the case, what the fuck do we need all that automation and autotrading for?

And PC is also unreliable - better by phone. ... But they can cut it too :)

MProgrammer:

So, how does it turn out that where it says "about knobs", it says "10 minutes" and actually works "even from a minute", but when you program it only works from 11 minutes and not a word is written about this time limit ... At least they gave you a link in the programming help.

See, what did I tell you? DTs don't even know the rules of MT4. If they told you "put it on any time, I don't mind... " then you can claim.....They fucked up.....

goldtrader:
MProgrammer:

But if the EA was to restart, or at least a Watchdog, then... Then at least there would be some hope... Or if those orders, which were opened by this dead EA and which can be closed by.... Or at least it would make us happy if those orders that were opened by this dead EA were closed automatically.

A normal (correct) terminal should actually filter orders before they are placed and disallow sending ones which are known to be losing to the server. :)

MProgrammer:

But the terminal and the script is not reliable. So it's a bad advice to "program removal" in the Expert Advisor.

If that is the case, what the fuck do we need all that automation and autotrading for?

And PC is also unreliable - better by phone. ... But they can also cut it off :)

Mate, it's for placing orders. Not to track expiry time of pending orders. There are special parameters for those orders. Listen to you, there's only one Sell, Buy and Close... The rest were invented by cowards. No, my friend, this is popular wisdom. If it's not clear why "this stuff" was invented, it's probably just a matter of figuring it out.

LeoV:
MProgrammer:

So, how does it turn out that where it says "about knobs", it says "10 minutes" and actually works "even from a minute", but when you program it only works from 11 minutes and not a word is written about this time limit ... At least they gave you a link in the programming help.

See, what did I tell you? DTs don't even know the rules of MT4. If they told you "put it on any time, I don't mind... " then you can make a claim.....

I do not understand something - i think in this situation it turns out that DT knows MT even better than the developers ... :))))... Again, somewhere wrong... What do they say, "and you put it on any time.... with your hands" :)))) You tell that to the developers, why they made a restriction which is not necessary even to DC....

MProgrammer:

To hear you tell it, there's only sel, bye and clowes... The rest were invented by cowards.

No, no, no, you're wrong. I'm only using buy-sell and clowes. And it works fine. Really in a different program. MT4 acts as a server....))))))))))))))

MProgrammer:

Mate, you need it to place orders. Not to keep track of expiry dates of pending orders. There are special parameters for those orders. If you ask me, there's only a sell, a buy and a clause... The rest were invented by cowards. No, my friend, this is popular wisdom. If you don't understand why "this stuff" was invented, you probably just need to figure it out.

My friend, MT4 has such thing as a trailing stop, but imho no user who knows programming uses it, because programmers can use any trawl. The same thing with expiration.

Reason: