At a crossroads. A topic for owners who have developed really working, profitable EAs. - page 5

goldtrader:
fxrobots:
Normal EAs need their own non-standard approaches, taking into account both TA and FA.
How do you manage to include FA into your EA?

The easiest thing you can do is take into account central bank refinancing rates, their changes
and forecast (futures).

If you are serious about it, you have to keep track of 8-10 parameters, both purely monetary (e.g., M*) and economic (GDP, CPI, PPI, payrolls, etc.).
This is also not difficult, although it is better to use a more advanced language than MQL4.

The links between the parameters and currency movements can be established either by calculating the correlation,
or by training the NS.

As you understand, the development of a serious Expert Advisor is not a 2-page code and not the work of a single underprogrammer.
and the price will certainly not be 10$ for a bucket.

goldtrader:
KimIV:
zhuki wrote (a):
All the more for the beauty of the balance chart.
It's not about beauty, it's about the fact that one of these languages can threaten the deposit. Even if it is a short-term, but still a deep drawdown. Sooner or later one of the tongues will make your deposit go bust:-)

In theory, this should not happen: there is a balance on the chart, and when a position is closed at stop loss (even with a large loss), then there is an open position (maybe more than one) with a good profit, thus reducing the equity. The balance may even be negative if the equity is above zero. I had such situations in the tester and on demo. I don't play with it on the real market.)
I don't think it is a problem as I have no equity failures, but thanks for the comments.

zhuki:
I don't think it's a problem as there is no equity gap, but thank you for your comments.

This is more important than the balance.

Please report periodically on the progress of the case.

fxrobots:
The easiest thing you can do is to take into account central bank refinancing rates, their changes
and forecast (futures).

If you are serious about it, you need to track the dynamics of 8-10 parameters, both purely monetary
(e.g. change in M* money supply) and general economic parameters (GDP, CPI, PPI, payrolls, etc.).
It's easy to implement, but it's better to use a more powerful language than MQL4.

Did you know that the market reacts not only to the news (good or bad), but to the difference between expectations and reality? That is, the news, for example, may be bad, but it may exceed expectations and the rate will go up. And often the market reacted unpredictably in the opposite direction after the news came out. It is not that simple...

I will also give my advice:

Listen to what you are told and do it your own way.

Keep your systems as simple as possible. Don't get bogged down with phrases like "...I've done it before...it won't work" etc.

Do it and try it Yourself !!! Everyone is different and everyone does it differently and the one who succeeds is the one who doesn't give up at the first setback.

+

What about the MM? How important is it to the TC?

Lukyanov:
What about the MM? How important is this parameter for the TS?
What can we say here, except that an inadequately chosen MM increases the drawdowns immensely. This is a double-edged sword.

What if MM is used with any martingale options (doubling the lot, swings, locks, etc...)?

For Lukyanov. If you still want to explore new horizons of mathematics, statistics and finally their implementation in programming, you still have a lot of books to read. To choose the right direction try not to test the new TS on the history of the last 2 months, but to trade manually during the same period. Then, in my opinion, you will find the answers to your questions.
Reason: