[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 56

gip писал(а) >>

There is some truth in every truth.

And the original document was in defence of competition and of the group of people to which I belong. And combat is on the other side of the barricades.

So for the sake of your welfare I have no right to install Linux?

And the original document was in defense of competition.

Oh don't be ridiculous. It's just that when "respectable uncles" start using free software, M$ decided to play it safe. And the Soviet or Pentostani "newspapers" - in the morning ... the same thing.

FION makes a good point.

Free software only increases competition and develops software much faster too.

Where would the giants like Microsoft be if they were not at the mercy of the freebies with their opensource projects?

Right! They would stand still at their ready products and do nothing, knowing that they will buy them.

The free alternative only contributes to the development of technologies.

As for the ideas - they are not protected by any copyright law. And even if they are protected, they are only protected for a certain period of time.

Basically, I understand what IIPA is getting at. Suppose some software company spent 5 years to develop its mega program. And a couple of programmers from a small town in China, they have solved the same problem without any effort and even much better.

The question - what will users do? Download for free, or buy? The answer is obvious. It is clear that such agencies as IIPA exist to pursue the interests of corporations, that is those who pay them for making such decisions.

SergNF писал(а) >>

Oh don't be ridiculous. It's just that when the "respectable uncles" start to venture into free software, M$ has decided to reassure themselves.

that's right. the golden rule is to kill the competition at its inception and be a monopoly. previously MS didn't fight google, but now that they have android, even that word is now outlawed for discussion.

sergeev >>:

все верно. золотое правило - убить конкуренцию на этапе её зарождения и быть монополистом. раньше MS не воевала с гуглом, а теперь когда у них появился Андроид, то теперь уже вне закона к обсуждению даже это слово.

Before retelling the fabrications of journos, you would do better to read the document in the original.

No one makes a good product for free. It's silly to assume that. It is always done at someone else's expense. It's a lot of hard work.

On a domestic and mindless level I don't want to discuss it. Do think twice before replying.

sergeev >>:

Я в приницпе понимаю, к чему IIPA клонит. Допустим некоторая софтверная компания потратила 5 лет на разработку своей мега программы. А какаято парочка програмистов из провинциального городка китая - решила ту же задачу нашару да ещё и намного лучше.

Вопрос - что будут делать пользователи? скачивать бесплатно, или покупать? ответ очевиден. И понятное дело что такие конторы как IIPA существуют для того, чтоб преследовать интересы именно Корпораций, то есть тех, кто им платит за принятие таких решений.

There is a whole layer of office plankton for more or less guaranteed income.

The company has the power to pay, or if strictly, to oblige them to buy, even though they are obliged to.

The same accounting software.

The number of computers is comparable to home ones, so there is no need for softwares to complain.

(about the OS, and here's the principle: not free, but not expensive)

But hamsters, tell me on what basis I'm forced to buy an OS

2/3 full of unnecessary paid (included in the price) programs

if I run only free software on my computer?

And if something needs to be paid, like a firewall, then I will choose what I need and buy myself.

SergNF >>:

Т.е. ради Вашего благосостояния я не имею права ставить Линукс?

I think you can imagine that too. But there was no such thing in the original document.

Of course it is very unpleasant if someone tries to profit from software of their own making. I understand that.

kombat >>:

Ваша позиция ясна...

А логику её сможете обосновать?

Для понимания:

обьясните необходимость отдельной покупки движка автомобиля

да ещё и по цене примерно равной ему стоимости.

(ну кроме того, что автомобиль без него не поедет... ;)))

И ещё, "голое и бесплатное" может зарабатывать на платной поддержке.

Что более аргументировано чем покупка лишнего по завышеной цене...

That's the way it's worked out in this market. The Mac, with a pre-installed operating system was. And it still is. You can buy it. But you don't buy it, do you? There were other systems. And now you can buy a computer with a preinstalled free or paid OS. Your arguments are far-fetched.

You choose the product that suits you best and have to put up with the manufacturer's kit. Like a washing machine, like a hoover, like a furniture set. You don't mind that you get a hoover without a petrol generator, do you? After all, it doesn't work without electricity.

Also, 'bare and free' can earn you paid support.

That's the way the manufacturer would like to make money on anything and everything out there, while we get everything for free.

But there is no need to turn your own wishes into complacency.

gip писал(а) >>

Of course it is very unpleasant if someone is trying to make a profit from software of their own making.

Apparently your software is as logical as you :)

...I have no right to supply my product to IIPA government agencies, IIPA government agencies have no right to use my software, even if we somehow agree....

"IIPA" inserted just so YOU understand that both ("Medvedev") and the other are essentially one and the same. And they are protecting their!!!! dough. Nobody cares about your "intellectual property".

All other things being equal, it is true that you do pay taxes in Russia... But that's not a fact.

I.e. "their" is also a very broad notion - the pocket of some abstract Bill gipovich or "armadillo in the Tomsk university :)

'

Why CodeBase - MT4 will be closed and there will be no forum - it's not a question :)

gip >>:

Так сложилось на этом рынке. Мак, с предустановленной операционной системой был. И есть. Можешь купить его. Но ты же не покупаешь? Были и другие системы. И сейчас можешь купить компьютер с предустановленной бесплатной или платной ОС. Твои аргументы надуманы.

Yeah... contrived...

I'm the one who has to run the MT exclusively.

и?

Bank freeware, notepad, etc...

These are far-fetched arguments?

Come on!

And I remind you, if someone is selling their software, so is the cash register to his(her) back...

My interest is that because of a couple of three free programs I am forced to buy an OS.

(In this case MT and banking, which run on windup)

I don't see the point or logic in that...

(It's not really worth it to change my mind to the contrary to begin with)

kombat >>:

Мой интерес в том, что из-за пары тройки бесплатных программ я вынужден покупать ОС.

(в данном случае МТ и банковские, которые работают под виндой)

Не вижу в этом ни смысла, ни логики...

(переубеждать в обратом не стоит и начинать)

Yeprst. One more time.

They didn't make the kind of package you personally want. Well, nobody made it. Maybe they will.

Well, man, if they don't make me a five-wheeler, that ain't no reason to twist my neighbour's wheels, even though he's the worst motherfucker I've ever seen.

I have to buy a six-wheeler and either ride it or take one wheel off.

Reason: