Useful features from KimIV - page 29

Idalgo писал (а) >>
Is it realistic to write the same kind of function to calculate fashion?

What is it? I mean, write down the formulas by which this thing is calculated.

KimIV писал (а) >>

What is it? I mean, write down the formulas by which this thing is calculated.

Something like this:

In statistics,mode is the most frequent value of a trait in the population under study.

In a discrete variation series, mode is defined by the highest frequency.

In an interval series of variation, the mode is determined by the formula:

Mo = x0+((f2-f1 )/((f2-f1 )+(f2-f3 )))*(x1-x0 ), where:

x1 and x0 are lower and upper limits of modal interval

f2- frequency of modal interval

f1 and f3- frequency of the interval, respectively, preceding and following the modal interval

For ungrouped data, mode is the value of the feature with the highest frequency of occurrence.

The following formula is used to determine the mode of grouped data:

where x MoH is the lower bound of the modal interval, n Mo is the frequency of the interval.

It seems to be clearerhere.

A mode is a value in a set of observations that occurs most often. Sometimes there is more than one mode in a population (for example: 2, 6, 6, 6, 8, 9, 9, 10; mode = 6 and 9). In this case we can say that the population is multimodal. Of the structural averages, only the mode has this unique property. As a rule, multimodality indicates that the data set does not follow a normal distribution.

Moda, as a mean value, is more commonly used for data that are non-numerical in nature. Among the listed car colours - white, black, metallic blue, white, metallic blue, white - the mode will be equal to white. Expert judgement is used to identify the most popular types of product, which is taken into account when forecasting sales or planning their production.

As far as I understand you have to build frequency spectrum in any case, for double it's a sweat, for integers it's easier.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

TheXpert писал (а) >>

It's kind of clearerhere.

Well, yes. I just wanted there to be formulas, as Igor asked, and not just a lecture on the subject... :)

Idalgo писал (а) >>

Well, yes. I just wanted there to be formulas, as Igor asked, and not just a lecture on the subject... :)

In any case, to find the modal interval parameters are needed, a cruel task for MQL4 :)) .

If only there was a map...

If you tell me for what data and maximal interval you need it, preferably the example, we may think how to make it less time-consuming and resource-consuming.

In addition, I would like to find out what should happen in case of multimodality.

TheXpert писал (а) >>

In any case, in order to find a mod you need to have modal interval parameters, a brutal task for MQL4 :)) .

I wish I had a map...

If you tell me for what data and maximum interval you need it, preferably an example, we may think how to do it in the least time-consuming and resource-consuming way.

In addition, I would like to find out what should happen in the case of multimodality.

I haven't dug that deep. It just seemed to me that having such a function, even if it handles a small sequence of integers, would be interesting for the community. I would also think how it could be used... :)

Idalgo писал (а) >>

I didn't dig that deep. It just seemed to me that having such a function, even if it handles a small sequence of integers, would be of interest to the community. I would think how to use it too... :)

I think the function would be useful. The problem is different. The problem is not trivial even for integer numbers, for real ones it is even worse.

Though I have my thoughts. If I succeed I will post it on Monday.

Your ways of application ;)

TheXpert писал (а) >>

I think the function would be useful. The point is different. The problem is non-trivial even for integers, for real numbers even worse.

I have some thoughts though. If I manage to get it, I will post it on Monday.

May I offer you applications ;)

Well, if so, I'll start thinking straightaway how to use this function with maximal use. :)

Take a look at the MarketProfile indicator, there must be a mod calculation there.

Rosh писал (а) >>
Look at MarketProfile indicator, mode calculation must be obligatory there.

Yes the principle is clear, for an arbitrary row it can be done more beautifully.

By the way, do you know what sorting is used in ArraySort? O(n^2) or O(nlog(n)). There's not much difference, just in the second case you can significantly extend the constraints on the future function.

>> Gone to think

Reason: