Wishes for Meta Trader 4/5 - page 6

1. During optimization/testing we would like to add the possibility to choose a TF greater than D1. (I think I am not the only one who needs it)

2. In the window of open/postponed orders there is an option of choosing the mode of showing profit/loss of open orders (points/currency of deposit).

So. When selecting any mode to display floating profit, the amount is still shown in the deposit currency. I think this is not correct. If the mode of profit displaying in points is enabled, the amount should be in pips. If it is in the deposit currency, then it should be in the deposit currency. I personally think it is unnecessary to show the amount in the order currency, but this is my opinion.

I also think it would be a good idea, apart from the "standard" ones, to be able to choose an arbitrary TF, say, to "embed a script" to convert the TF. so that the arbitrary TF would not be offline but work like all the "standard" ones, but this is just a wish....

MT5 promises any TF from M1.

I have only one wish, all else being irrelevant - make a good multiterminal for forex and funds so that everyone forgets about Transaq, Quik and the like - as well as others.

Give me the possibility to set spreads, stopslips, freeslips in the tester myself :(

Even storing this data in minutes, will not replace it.

I'll join in:

В MT4 по дабл.клику (мышью) на скриптах/сов./инд. в окне "Навигатор" закладке "Общие", они (скрипты) падают на чарт.

Почему, по дабл.клику в закладке "Избранное" они не прикрепляются, а запускается ME?

I keep getting confused. Where's the logic in that?

kegor >> :

Give me the possibility to set spreads, stopslips, freeslips in the tester myself :(

Even storing this data in minutes, will not replace it.

I'll join in:

I keep getting confused. Where is the logic?

Because there may be different entities in Favorites - trading accounts, indicators (not so scary), experts (who can trade) and scripts (which can do anything, theoretically). Double-click - and you suddenly have a huge position open on a symbol (you just forgot or didn't know that this training script opens for all the money) or some information is deleted.

Yes any timeframe of minutes is cool. I wonder where DCs will take the deep history for minutes or will it be taken from the histories of the metaquotes server?

Or will it be taken from the metaquotes and put on their server?

I know only one brokerage company using MetaTrader that has its own history for 4 years. ;)

Although of course you can find the history yourself somewhere and then import it into MetaTrader and recalculate the desired timeframes.

And of the modest wishes to the code editor is a full source code or the selected unit, highlighting, or finding a pair of shortcut keys appropriate brackets. Well and tooltips there are various functions by signature and pop-up windows with code variants, like in popular IDE.

Well, and who will collapse a part of the code into blocks as they have already said here. Perhaps these improvements will not appear at once but will be added gradually. The main thing is that the improvements will not stop and the code will be tested ;)

That's writing a request and I think but it would be easier to take for example QT Creator from Troll or MS VS Express (both free) and the library functions of MQ and no problems :) The resulting executable can communicate with the terminal via Win Socket (receiving ticks and sending orders or a list of objects for drawing). If you want, you can write your own terminal, which will work only with the MT server with hidden exchange protocol in the MQ API libraries.

Rosh >> :

Because there may be different entities in Favorites - accounts at trading accounts, indicators (not so scary), experts (who can trade) and scripts (which can do anything, theoretically). Double-click - and you suddenly have a huge position opened on a symbol (you just forgot or didn't know that this training script opens for all money) or deleted some information.

Got it. Thanks for the reply. Although the excessive foolproofing kills all the fun of using it. It's not just for the terminal, but also for cars, etc.

1. I would like to access Templates and Profiles from the Navigator window.

When there are many Templates available, opening one of the latter, and even in 7-10 windows, becomes a tedious affair (chasing arrows).

The same applies to accessing open currency pair windows. If there are a lot of windows (for example, 7 currency pairs on 15 minutes and the same on 1H

- 14 windows), then all of them are not included in the visible area and you have to keep pressing arrows and waiting...

There's a Window button in the menu, but all the pairs are in different locations. Oh, and "More Windows" hides some of it -> there's not enough space,

show all the windows in the order they are open in tabs.

3. Clicking on "More Windows" blocks access to everything else... You could make it an independent window open to the side.

. 4. I wish the EA files were in a separate directory like the Indicators or Scripts, rather than jumbled together with other folders - no logic .

5. I would like to be able to set paths to the folders where the Indicators, Expert Advisors, Scripts, Templates, etc. are located.

When several MTs from different brokers are installed, it is necessary to copy (multiply) the changed/new files,

delete unnecessary files - between these installations. There is one solution, install a shell, but not everyone is familiar with it, and this

potentially dangerous (you may unknowingly delete everything). The solution could be much simpler, if it were possible to keep everything in

independent folders and in MT just specify paths to them.

Given that MT4 will continue to be used in brokerage companies for a long time and will not be replaced by MT5, although all efforts Metaquotes seems to have devoted to improving MT5, I would like to see MT4 improved on the following couple of points, which I think will not take much time from your programmers and will increase the usability of the program for traders:

1. Some brokerage companies (in this case I mean Alpari at least) introduce floating spread. It would be very convenient if in the "market overview" window (besides the columns "time", "maximum/minimum") we could add one more column - "spread", which displays the spread for the pair at the current time (with five decimal places of the rate it is unreal to calculate in your head, considering the speed of quote changing) :)

2. The second point concerns the fifth decimal place in quotations. You have visually highlighted the last digit in order opening - thank you very much for that. It would be perfect if the fifth decimal digit in the "Terminal" window, on the "Trade" tab when displaying the profit in pips - the last digit would also be highlighted visually (considering that the last digit is 1/10th of a pip, not a point - and this means "artificial" pips). It is unrealistic to reduce the font there, so I think the most logical thing would be to simply separate the last character "." (a dot). This would be convenient visually and we wouldn't have to shift the bars to remove the last digit, and would not suffer psychological trauma from 10 times increased potential loss :)))).

As a last resort, in the settings you can add one checkbox and select the format of selection of profit in pips - with a decimal point or without (in artificial tenfold pips).

Reason: