Forex strategies - page 11

alexey15:

When I have time, I'll test it properly.

Here I am testing. But first a concrete example.

Example 1.

Euro. TF D1. December 2009 - downward trend, no pullback visible for almost a whole month. 24.12.2009 - yes, something that looks like the beginning of a pullback. Let's see how far up the price has to go before we stop believing that the trend is down. The price for December 24 is 4354. The nearest local high, after breaking through which I personally would consider the reversal to have taken place is 5144 on 25.11.2009. This is too far, there could have been as many as 20 lots there before I realised that the trend is not mine. That's it, we are sitting on the fence.

Example 2.

20.01.2010 - the price has broken through the next local minimum, we consider that the down trend is confirmed. From this moment we wait for the beginning of a pullback. On 22.01.2010 we consider that the pullback has begun. We switch to the TF M15.

The trend is upward there.

Stop order to open Sell 4089, Sl 4189, TP 3789. Sl after the local maximum (this time it was big, usually less), TP without looking 300 points. On the 25th day after 11:00 we see that a new wave has appeared. We move the sell 4125, sl 4202, тп blunt 3825. It worked on 26.01.2010 at 3:00 GMT. In the morning we woke up and saw that the last local high was getting closer, so we move the sl to 4185. In the evening of the 27th we see a concrete confirmation of the down trend on M15. Now the nearest local high is even lower than our opening price. We move the stop loss to Breakeven, not being greedy, we put it right to zero Profit - at 4125. Everything, we forget about this open position and do whatever we want, but do not touch Euros any more. On 4.02.2010 we obtain our 300 points.

Further, just figures without comments, figures with a minus - buy, with a plus - sell, for easier calculation. See Excel file.

Pfft, 58 points! In six months! I'm already tired to count, it's a very hard work, but it is clear enough, that my system is not a system, but some bullshit. My robot may not lose the deposit, but I don't think it will let me earn money either. If in the middle of August we continue to think that the trend is up, we will get our 300 in September, but before that we will get a lot of losses in August and early September. If we consider that the trend is bearish, we are fucked. Also, the price was approaching there a couple of times, but did not reach the TP, turned around and closed at breakeven. But if we lead it with stops after every new extremum, IMHO we won't reach any of our TPs of 300 points. We will move up to 100, 150 points. Do we really need it? Although I can't be sure, maybe one of them will reach 300 points and we'll need it.

Anyway, I'm confused. I don't know what to do.

If there is anyone on this forum who uses a similar scheme, and uses it successfully, please leave a comment, help me out with some advice. Any advice, any idea would be appreciated - e.g. am I misidentifying a trend? Am I mistaking flat for a trend? Is the TP of 300 pips wrong, I need 150 pips, or vice versa I need 500? I put SL in the wrong places, etc. I will be very grateful to you for your advices.

I will be very grateful to you in advance.

Files:
d1_m15.zip  6 kb

artikul:
Lots and Step - external variables, index - symbol number (EA is multi-currency). After reaching the maximum allowed lot size, you can say that the Expert Advisor is trading with a constant lot size ))) Although, if you set the lot size explicitly, there will be no increase. ))) But why cut profit when the market goes in your direction? )))

Let me ask what code you cited.

Vinin:

Let me ask you what code you cited.

That's the lot size calculation function from my EA. I did not know it was called so beautifully - adaptive MM. If the balance increases by the value Step after the stop loss triggering, the next order is placed with the lot increased by the value received by the request identifier - MODE_LOTSTEP and if the loss is taken, the lot size of the next order is correspondingly decreased by this value. )))

sammi61:

What colour bars to use for placing stop orders, and whether to place stops on open positions?

The indicator is not used, the code is very simple and is contained in the Expert Advisor's logic ))) If you do it manually, you should only use the green and red histograms and look for breakdowns of the high and low levels of their corresponding bars. ))) Stops are always set. )))

artikul:

The indicator is not used, its code is very simple and is contained in the Expert Advisor logic))) If you do it manually, you should only use the green and red histograms and look for breakdowns of the high and low levels of their corresponding bars. ))) Stops are always set. )))
So why is it profitable to follow the price in the first case with increasing volumes and in the second with decreasing ones?

Why such asymmetry?

denis_orlov:
So, why is it favourable for trading behind the price in the first case, while in the second case it is favourable for falling volumes?

Why such asymmetry?

perhaps there should be chaos( ofthe algorithm) in the chaos( of theprice movements)

ZS: I've seen several times that logical errors in the EA code lead to higher values in the tester

;)

artikul:

The indicator is not used, its code is very simple and is contained in the Expert Advisor logic )))) If you do it manually, you should only use the green and red bar charts and look at the breakdown of the high and low levels of their corresponding bars. ))) Stops are always set. )))

If you have an Expert Advisor for this strategy, can you post it, I'm not a programmer, try to test the Expert Advisor?

denis_orlov:
So why is it beneficial to trade after the price in the first case for rising volumes and in the second for falling volumes?

Why such asymmetry?

The price of the first one is the same as that of the second, but the second one is falling?

denis_orlov:
So, why is it that trading after the price in the first case favourable to the rising volumes, and in the second - to the falling ones?

Why such asymmetry?

Because this logic is quite sufficient to enter the market and it is perfectly formalised. If we change the condition to the opposite - the essence will not change much. Only instead of stop orders we will have to use Limit orders. In any case, you find yourself at the beginning of a strong movement, and this is a good opportunity to take profit. If the price suddenly turns around after the breakout, then a protective stop will be triggered and an order will be opened in the other direction. And you are back on track. If you hit a sideways movement, you can almost always break-even. I have posted a strategy which illustrates this situation in the topic "Stops".

The matter is that I stick to the opinion that one should pay only 10% attention to market entry, and 90% to position holding and exit.)

sammi61:

If there is an Expert Advisor for this strategy, can you post it, I'm not a programmer, try to test it?

I am not a programmer, I will try to test it. I will not lay out the expert. If you like autotrading, learn to program it. )))

Files:
iwave_1.mq4  4 kb
Reason: