Arbitrage - page 17

Also, can you tell me the answer to one question? Is it considered as pipsing if 4 to 5 orders of 20 pips each go through in a day or not.
I thought it is pipswise if I place 20-30 orders of 7-8 pips each. Am I wrong?

Yes and no. There is a popular opinion among traders that if the average deal size does not exceed 10-15 points, it is a Pipsewing. But not all have this opinion. Also, no one can give the exact number of points. But this is not really important.

Ask your broker about the definition of Pipsing. It is up to him how long you will trade small and how many deals per minute he will tolerate.

Yurixx:

Also, can you tell me the answer to one question? Is it considered as pipsy if 4 to 5 orders of 20 pips each go through in a day or not?
For some reason I thought it was pipswise, i.e. orders of 20-30 pips by 7-8 pips. Am I wrong?

Yes and no. There is a popular opinion among traders that if the average deal size does not exceed 10-15 points, it is a Pipsewing. But not all have this opinion. Also, no one can give the exact number of points. But this is not really important.

Ask your broker about the definition of Pipsing. It only depends on him how long you will manage to trade in small steps and how many deals per minute he will tolerate.

Thank you very much for the reply. That's pretty much what I was thinking. Basically it's probably up to the broker to decide if it's pips or not. What I am asking is because I've read on the site that brokers are not dealing well with scalping. I wouldn't want to use a system that will be hindered from working (no matter what the reason).
Once again, thank you.
Regards!

Yurixx:

Mr. Reshetov didn't do it from the beginning, because (as well as I, his opponents and many others, who have already understood something) does not know what a trend is and does not have an adequate indicator for its identification. But he (as well as we) knows that no matter in what place we are in the trend, we can never say with any certainty that it will last longer, and the opposite is true, that the trend is over.

But if you know what a trend is or have an indicator to determine it, it would be great if you could share that knowledge with us. It would significantly reduce the amount of idle chatter.

It is actually much simpler than that. It is necessary to identify the trend in time only in a post-trend trading system. But due to the fact that indicators show post-facto, i.e. have a lag, this task becomes very difficult for trend-followers. Sometimes they can open before the trend movement and reach the nearest correction or reversal. But in most cases, it fails and the position opened by the lagging indicators turns out just before a correction or reversal.

But what is bad for the trend strategies is good for counter-trend strategies. The most important thing for us is not to open a position while there is a trend as prematurely opened positions will accumulate equity drawdown. Therefore, we should use the lagging indicator. If it shows that there was a strong movement, we will open positions. In the majority of cases, we will occur either before a correction or a reversal. If we are mistaken, then it's OK. The system still survives without any additional developments.

Everything is much more trivial with the Fundamentals. We disable Expert Advisors before the news and enable them when everything settles down. The news calendar can be found on the site of any normal brokerage company and paste it into the Windows schedule. This schedule will be used by the operating system to start the terminal at the right time and close it when not needed.

I will not change the version and insert technical analysis into it. Many people intended to create a TS without any technical analysis long ago. They just created a bunch of threads in the forum with nothing but intentions. But while some of them are just idle talkers, I posted the source code as an example.

The sources are open. Who is interested, take them and modify them to your liking.

And chatterboxes don't care what you give them, show them, or tell them. They won't even look at it. Their favourite occupation is criticism with a clever expression on their face and empty nonsense. For this reason, I will not post anything specific. There are many lagging indicators - the choice is more than wide.

Mr Reshetov is absolutely right. He has provided us with an original, scientifically proven (article "The Optimal Investment Algorithm") idea and tool. An advisor which, if used correctly and with a little modernisation, is capable of actually generating income.

I've already expressed the opinion on Finlist that this development is R&D in forex.

I think it's interesting when people in this thread say that they have tried to do something similar, but it didn't succeed and that's why it's impossible. It also bites me when people say that an EA is "primitive". Maybe all of us here are great geniuses and true connoisseurs of arbitrage/non-arbitrage concepts - but personally I would like to say another big thank you to Yuri.

This EA should not be used thoughtlessly, like everything else in life.

Regards, Fed.

I join Fed in signing every word, including my gratitude to Yuri.
And I would also like to question the necessity of using "complicated" indicators and Expert Advisors in trading. Is it really necessary? What is the probability that the complexity of formulas does not lead to fatal error?

I join the previous speakers in thanking Yuri Reshetov. As for the simplicity of the code, it could be written on twenty pages if one wanted to, and the simplicity is the result of a long and painstaking work of the mind.
And the fact that it still works, "clinging to life" and bringing income, is an extraordinary case.
The author said it right: he did all he could for us, now it's up to users to bring the device to their senses.
P.S.
The first version is in demo since 10.04, suffering from lack of money, but struggling as it can.
Balance: 12423,51 Funds: 8480,40 Deposit: 8432.98 Free: 231.19 Level: 103.12%
Profit on open positions: --3950,95

I am testing online since 23.04 with 3000 ha on 5-minute, twenty-four hours a day. I have made dozens of deals a day on four currencies, broken down by pairs. If the number of open, negative orders exceeds 3, I enter the manual mode to confirm the order (for now). I got only positive emotions from this EA.
If within a month will have the same results, maybe I will start it for real.
I agree completely with the above comments from other participants.
I will use it for real trading.

Paha:

I am testing online since 23.04 with 3000 ha on 5-minute deals twenty-four hours a day, in four currencies, broken down by pairs. If the number of open, negative orders exceeds 3, I enter the manual mode to confirm the order (so far). I got only positive emotions from this EA.
I will use it for real trading.

Well, on the subject of real life, I wouldn't advise it after a month. My subjective (underlined) opinion 3 months to test it would not be bad in the demo... I have bet from April 17 at first I have bet on 4 pairs without any groups, and then I decided to break them down into groups and bet on 11 currencies. I have worked almost all the time online, except for the last day and a half (I was a little busy). I have earned 1370 pips in total, and 1,231 in money. Worth 25,000 (it is clear that the demo). Now hangs and sheds around 800 bucks. For an account of 25,000 that's not much. I have not lost more equity than this figure so far. Thus, if my robot shows 15% a month and does not lose more equity than this figure, I can handle it(again, subjective opinion). It will work anyway.
The simplicity of the idea is great. I know for sure there is no need to overcomplicate things on the market. It does not matter.
Good luck to everyone.

CDR:
Paha:

I am testing online since 23.04 with 3000 ha on 5-minute, twenty-four hours a day. I have made dozens of deals a day on four currencies, broken down by pairs. If the number of open, negative orders exceeds 3, I enter the manual mode to confirm the order (for now). I got only positive emotions from this EA.
Thank you!

Well, on the subject of real, I wouldn't advise after a month. My subjective (underlined) opinion 3 months to test it would not be bad in the demo... I have bet from April 17 at first I have bet on 4 pairs without any groups, and then I decided to break them down into groups and bet on 11 currencies. I have worked almost all the time online, except for the last day and a half (I was a little busy). I have earned 1370 pips in total, and 1,231 in money. Worth 25 000 (it is clear that the demo). Now hangs and sheds around 800 bucks. For an account of 25,000 that's not much. I have not lost more equity than this figure so far. Thus, if my robot shows 15% a month and does not lose more equity than this figure, I can handle it(again, subjective opinion). It will work anyway.
The simplicity of the idea is great. I know for sure there is no need to overcomplicate things on the market. It does not matter.
Good luck to everyone.

I agree, especially with the first and last sentence (I know for sure that you shouldn't over-complicate things in the market. But how it is implemented and re-purposed). And how it is implemented and re-purposed. Doesn't matter. Question: You haven't tried to drawdown? What period of time does the Expert Advisor stand on? And how much does one order bring to this sum? (approximately) Answer me if you don't mind. Just interesting.
Thank you!
Pavel.

granit77:
Balance: 12423.51 Funds: 8480.40 Deposit: 8432.98 Free: 231.19 Level: 103.12%
Profit on open positions: --3950,95
I still can't figure out the reason behind the frantic success of this EA. Its balance is growing and equity is falling but the admiration of its fans is unremitting. Or balance growth is the main and the only criterion of success? Or, if the equity falls to 2000 (from 10000) and the balance equals 20000, will it be an absolute success for the Expert Advisor? Anyway, at this moment it is clearly losing: the negative profit on open positions is 32% of balance!

maksaa wrote: And I would also like to question the necessity of using "complicated" indicators and advisors in trading. Is it so necessary? What is the likelihood that a fatal error will not creep in behind the complexity of the formulas?

Show me an example of a "simple", really stable and profitable system - and I'll agree with you. But please note that I am extremely skeptical of such "proof" of its stability as results of historical testing and even optimization. The only view in which I am willing to consider it is its open source. Ask kompostera, who has written 300 custom EAs, or Rosha, who seems to have experimented with everything under this sun. Maybe the original tools may be "simple", but their interpretation (i.e. signals) cannot be.
Reason: