From the idea to the actual bill. - page 8

It looks like the author and his partner want to sell the Expert Advisor on the wave of popularity of beautiful pictures in the Strategy Tester without checking it in the real trade, well, not counting the 3 days of the demo and that's not enough. They do not seem to believe in the real trading success, so they want to sell the expert. They are not even looking for investors but sell them for cash - once sold and forgotten about what will happen to a real account :)
If they saw the report of the real expert's work for six months or more, I would buy it. But we do not know the price yet. Maybe it will only be available to big banks and hedge funds :)

If you run an expert on 2 accounts at the same time, you will immediately be "banned" and the client will be investigated for what he tried to do.

Microsoft is trying hard to protect its products, but is failing to do so - which of you has a licensed Windows?

I don't think Microsoft has less money and programming skills than you do. That's the only way to get it open.

I really don't think you believe in your EA. Because otherwise there is no point in selling. This is complete idiocy!

kniff писал (а):

If you run an expert on 2 accounts at the same time, you will immediately be "banned" and the client will be investigated for what he tried to do.

Microsoft is trying to protect its products, but is failing to do so - which of you has a licensed Windows?

I don't think Microsoft has less money and programming skills than you do. That's the only way to get it open.

I really don't think you believe in your EA. Because otherwise there's no point in selling. This is complete idiocy!

They would like to protect just the users of illegal copies, potential users of the legal copy, and at least not Linux users.) But it is really nonsense to sell an Expert Advisor for more money than it can earn, so why bother with all this trouble? And for the start-up deposit I can get a loan if anything ...... And for such a state there are pond of investors (I'll be the first one :))) Nonsense in a nutshell.

Figar0 писал (а):
kniff wrote (a):

Microsoft is trying to protect its products, but is failing to do so - which of you here has a licensed Windows?

I don't think Microsoft has less money and programming skills than you do. They will crack it - just like that.

I really don't think you believe in your EA. Because otherwise there's no point in selling. This is complete idiocy!

They would like to protect just the users of illegal copies, potential users of the legal copy, and at least not the Linux users) But it is really nonsense to sell an Expert Advisor for more money than it can earn, so why bother with all this hassle? And you can get a loan for the start-up deposit, if anything..... If there is a large number of investors for such a state (I'll be the first one)). That's nonsense.

of course anyone who knows how to crack any code
especially if the price of the question is high... I have no doubt the code will be cracked
if the whole system goes on the open market
no DLL's or gadgets will help
it'll be enough to get the code to give out the signal

options can always be found

1-Sell not an Expert Advisor but a trading module
which will receive signals from the server
The server will be hosted by HIDDEN ...
Break it or not...
the signal will not go to an unregistered client

But I think we shouldn't talk about protection and sales yet
the system has to prove itself in real life

The test is a different topic here, I have never encountered such a test in my history, so I decided to share it with the public to find out more about the testing methods. The theme here is completely different, I've never come across such a test on his story, so as it turned out, decided to share with the public to learn more about the methods of testing.

I'll describe EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY to keep everybody guessing.
The topic of currency movements was explained, who moved where and at what speed, and of course how to determine which one would move fast. On the basis of this information my task was set to take profit % of my deposit every trading day and wait for the next trading day.
After thinking about what and how, analyzing each pair, I calculated the average movement of the currency pair at each point of time.
The points that should be taken from the market at chosen % with and without MM were calculated. I was surprised myself and now I'm dripping with all types of Expert Advisors.

HIDDEN писал (а):

The test is a different topic here, I have never encountered such a test in my history, so I decided to share it with the public to find out more about the testing methods. The theme here is completely different, I've never come across such a test on his story, so as it turned out, decided to share with the public to learn more about the methods of testing.

The topic of currency movements was explained, who moved where and at what speed, and of course how to determine which one would move fast. On the basis of this information my task was set to take profit % of my deposit every trading day and wait for the next trading day.
After thinking about what and how, after analyzing each pair, I calculated the average movement of the currency pair at each point of time.
The points that should be taken from the market at chosen % with and without MM were calculated. I was surprised myself and now I'm dripping with all types of Expert Advisors.

I heard that they sell proprietary databases
on CDs, one pair of ticks per year, one CD.
If you get that kind of proprietary data
it probably improves the quality of creating a real working MTS
in your case it is enough to buy 4 CDs for each year
the price of the issue seems to be not so high in the range of $ 100 per CD i.e. per pair if i am not mistaken
But the data is not from some DC ...
That's $400 per year and if you are profitable you can afford it.

YuraZ:
HIDDEN:

After thinking about what and how, analyzing each pair, I calculated the average movement of the currency pair at each point of time.
The points that should be taken from the market at chosen % with and without MM were calculated. I offered my trading robot without any limitations and got the balance curve that surprised me.

I've heard that they sell proprietary databases
on CDs, one pair of ticks per year one CD
if you get that kind of proprietary data
it probably improves the quality of creating a real working MTS
in your case it is enough to buy 4 CDs for each year
The price of the issue seems to be not so high in the range of $ 100 per CD i.e. per pair if I am not mistaken
But the data is not from some DC ...
that's $400 a year at your profitability can be afforded
On the contrary, I would buy data from some brokerage company who works with MT platform for a long period of time. Mintuki for a year or more.

HIDDEN:

After thinking about what and how, after analyzing each pair, I calculated the average movement of the currency pair at each point of time.

In other words, you analyze the direction of price movements of these currency pairs in your Expert Advisor and how quickly they change and then you select these values in the optimizer that measures the direction and speed of change of pairs and gives a signal based on it. Interesting. I will try to find a pattern in the behaviour of these instruments.

Optimising a strategy is very difficult. I wrote above that when optimizing those parameters that are given, their total number comes out more than 800 billion options. Although I have a Core 2 Dou Extrim 2-core hoover and 2GB memory with the lowest timings, the test runs for about 4 hours for each currency. If we run the test for 3 currencies at a time, time cost of the test is about 8 hours. Of course we can optimize only using " open prices" but it cannot be called qualitative optimizing, or better adapted to the history. The Expert Advisor has precise rules and that is how they work in the tester.

It is clear that the broker does not take well to traders who place orders too often.
I wonder, how does he feel about such frequent change of stops, almost on every tick?
I'm referring to the trailing stops in your EA. I don't know, but I suspect there may be a problem with that.

Reason: