Bill Williams and his strategies... - page 4

kniff писал (а):
>>Normal strategy, normally works, designed for long-term trading, as the trend catches - just hold on, for nervous investors is not good, for >>dudes with big bucks samotomo.

After all, the stock market is so easy to play! Your mistake is that you are a long-term trader. You don't have enough statistics to say that the strategy is profitable over a long period - the small number of trades may be nothing more than a fitting.

Or you are using EURISTICS or something of your own.

I am not a long-term trader, although I am trying to do it, but I have no money for now. No need to make an incomprehensible science of stock trading, it is as understandable as any other science with its own rules, no need to think that the market moves by chance, it is moved by people and circumstances. Trying to predict the price movement accurately is useless, but it is possible to determine the direction with certain probability. You can just follow the market and if you are not greedy, everything will go.

The answer to your question is here:
http://murashov.blogspot.com/2006/12/10-main-rules-of-profitable-trading.html

If you want to argue with my ideology, you are welcome to do so.

kniff писал (а):
The answer to your question is here:
http://murashov.blogspot.com/2006/12/10-main-rules-of-profitable-trading.html

If you want to argue with my ideology, you are welcome to do so.

I won't even argue, here's a three-line advisor - he'll tell you better than me.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Euro gambling. mq4 |30minute
#property copyright ""
#property link ""

extern double Lots =0.1;
extern int LiveOrders =110; // Order lifetime in minutes.
extern int distanceGTS=20;
extern int StopLossGTS=40;
extern int TakeProfit=90;
extern double stdlim=0.0006;
extern inttern stdper=10;
//| expert start function |
int start()
{
//----

if(IsTradeAllowed()&& OrdersTotal() <1 )
{

if(iStdDev(NULL,0,stdper,0,MODE_SMA,0,0)<stdlim)

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots, Ask+distanceGTS*Point, 3,
Ask+distanceGTS*PointStopLossGTS*Point,
Ask+distanceGTS*Point+TakeProfit*Point, 0, 0,CurTime()+LiveOrders*60, Red);
Sleep(10000);

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,Lots,Bid-distanceGTS*Point, 3,
Bid-distanceGTS*Point+StopLossGTS*Point,
Bid-distanceGTS*Point-TakeProfit*Point,0,0,CurTime()+LiveOrders*60, Aqua);
}
//----
return(0);
}

In general, the discussion has already turned into a state of "I don't believe in it".
If you take any indicator from MetaTrader (built-in) and trade by those rules that were originally proposed, they all turn out to be unprofitable.
The Bill Williams signals are no exception.
That's why you need a talented trader to make it work ... or a sophisticated and adapted to the current market formation decision algorithm
I think B.V. teaches it very well. Only there are people who want to take it all out of the book, leave only three pages with signals and then say that signals do not work by themselves ... what else can I say.....

Oasis писал (а):

In general, the discussion has already turned into a state of "I don't believe in it".
If you take any indicator from MetaTrader (built-in) and trade by those rules that were originally proposed, they all turn out to be unprofitable.
The Bill Williams signals are no exception.
That's why you need a talented trader to make it work ... or a sophisticated and adapted to the current market formation decision algorithm
I think B.V. teaches it very well. Only there are people who want to take it all out of the book, leave only three pages with signals and then say that signals do not work by themselves ... what else can I say.....

I even questioned the possibility to make money in Forex without any fucking talent, that's why I made up this Expert Advisor to show that it's not so. Just develop a TS which is then rigorously enforced and the BV system is as good as any other, but it needs to be clearly executed.

>>It's questionable whether it's possible to make money in forex without having any fucking talent at all, that's why I made up this EA to show that it's not >>so. Just develop a TS which is then rigorously enforced and the BV system is as good as any other, but it has to be clearly executed.

1) ...not having a fucking talent... - Maybe you have it :))) I'm not saying that you can't make money. I'm not saying you can't make money. I'm saying you can't do it.
2) Expert fitting. Takeaway. Shift the parameters by 5% - Expert Advisor has lost as much as he used to win. Check it yourself. I can do it that way too. I'll take a neuron, poptimize it for a week and get phenomenal results -.... on the history and then completely flunk out.

So the argument doesn't count.

I'll come back from the pool and show you the balance graphs.

kniff писал (а):
>>It's questionable whether it's possible to make money in forex without having any fucking talent at all, that's why I made up this EA to show that it's not >>so. Just develop a TS which is then rigorously enforced and the BV system is as good as any other, but it has to be clearly executed.

1) ...not having a fucking talent... - Maybe you have it :))) I'm not saying that you can't make money. I'm not saying you can't make money. I'm saying you can't do it.
2) Expert fitting. Takeaway. Shift the parameters by 5% - Expert Advisor has lost as much as he used to win. Check it yourself. I can do it that way too. I'll take a neuron, poptimize it for a week and get phenomenal results -.... on the history and then completely blow it.

So the argument doesn't count.

I'll come back from the pool and show you the balance graphs.

I showed a primitive breakout system for example, which gives a profit with the right choice of parameters, you can add a bunch of gimmicks to improve, but that's off the subject of the discussion.

>> I have shown a primitive breakout system for example, which gives profits with the right choice of parameters, you can add a lot of tricks to improve it, but that >> is not the subject of the discussion.

The topic of discussion is simple CANNOT be profitable. This EA is NOT profitable, what are you trying to prove to me? If you optimise the parameters over the first half of the segment and then run it over the second half, it's a loss. Just a classic fitting of the parameters to the story.

kniff писал (а):
>> I have shown a primitive breakout system for example, which gives profits with the right choice of parameters, you can add a lot of tricks to improve it, but that >> is not the subject of the discussion.

The topic of discussion is simple CANNOT be profitable. This EA is NOT profitable, what are you trying to prove to me? If you optimise the parameters over the first half of the segment and then run it over the second half, it's a loss. Just a classic fitting of the parameters to the story.

If you optimize it for half a year, it will still give profit, and a small TP is preferable.

>> Optimise for six months - still gives a profit, with a small takeprofit preferred.

LOL.

UPD (not to flood)

What an argument - put the Expert Advisor on the real. I'm betting 10 to 1 that it will sell 1000 grams before it earns the same amount.
Reason: