A draining trend of the Championship. - page 4

solandr писал (а):
>>>It remains to find such experts, change
>>>transactions/indicators to reverse and you will get very good experts.:)
In fact this has already been discussed on the forums somewhere, only to come to the conclusion that it won't work.

Here's a good candidate turner Dreamer1. Nine trades and all at a good non-piping disadvantage. :)

Michel_S писал (а):
New wrote (a):
Actually on the subject - the question arises whether there is among all the experts participating in the championship, at least some
The question arises whether there is at least some number of trading not by random luck or bad luck, but the implementation of a profitable trading
strategy?

I would go further in your reasoning.
Any trade, even with a strategy built into it, is still a fluke. It is like a brick falling on your head. Philosophers in their practice give the example of a brick to students in an exam. Is a brick falling on your head an accident or a pattern?

I think that expert writers with experience have all gone the same way. I've written about this Rosh I wrote in some threads that novices should make their own mistakes if someone has already made them before.

In my opinion, this rake consists of:
Stage 1. The attempt to find someone else's Expert Advisor and optimize it on its own way, thinking that it is not unprofitable Expert Advisor, but in his "wrong" optimization.
Stage 2. Redesign of the alien Expert, correcting the "defects" that its creator made when writing it. The thought that the "sucker" did not notice the "elementary".
Stage 3. The process of writing your own Expert Advisor and at the same time, a search for a miracle indicator or a set of indicators. The idea that everyone who had written earlier just used the wrong combination of indicators, with the wrong parameters or in the wrong sequence. The sequence of signals of that "solely correct" combination of indicators that the Expert Advisor had found earlier just couldn't be seen by others due to their ignorance.
The 4th stage. The denial of all of the indicators as such, because trading is a random and spontaneous process. The truth of successful trading lies in nibbling pips, pipsips, pips and other small pieces of happiness. The idea that the purpose of automated trading is to trade around the clock with a large number of deals, but with minimal profit. Make profit by quantity, not by quality. Take your own on a gross profit.
Stage 5. Writing Expert Advisors for others.

The sequence of stages may be different. The sequence of stages may be different. But the bottom line is still that Forex trading must be approached as a spontaneous market. This means that the statistical method of trading - like money management - should be in the first place. Which way you trade is not that important. You can enter the market even on a coin flip - the level of probability of entering the market correctly will be very close to the statistics of successful entering even for the most sophisticated Expert Advisor.
The only winning principle is the same: the market goes where we go, and if you flip a coin, after a couple of flips there will be nothing to flip.

Renat писал (а):
This week marks the end of the first month of the Championship and we have prepared the first statistical report for that period.
We will try to publish it on Saturday or Monday.

As all the statistics are accumulated, we will try to publish maximum variety of reports by the end of the Championship. If you want to help, please suggest research topics. Preferably with a plan of questions and a formulated test purpose. All types of reports, including server logs, will be used for research.

I will think about it...
In which direction do you want to think? What do you globally think should be "shaded" in the stats reports? Because you can build opposite reports on the same numbers. Remember half-empty or half-full glass?

<br/ translate="no">
The sequence of stages may be different. And the stages may be different as well. But the point is still that Forex trading should be approached as a spontaneous market. This means that the statistical method of trading - like money management - should be in the first place. Which way you trade is not that important. You can enter the market even on a coin flip - the level of probability of entering the market correctly will be very close to the statistics of successful entering even for the most sophisticated Expert Advisor. The only winning principle is the same: the market goes where we go, and if you flip a coin, after a couple of flips there will be nothing to flip.
Maybe we are wasting our time here :) The only difference is that we are dealing with profitable deals when there is no profit, automatic trading is totally rubbish :), (Soros also divides losing trades with profitable ones in the 50/50 proportion, but he keeps profitable ones much longer than loss-making ones). Conclusion one, everyone switch to manual trading, close this site and do not suffer nonsense :)

FION писал (а):
Whether an expert or a human trader, there is only one winning principle: the market goes where we go, and if you flip a coin, there will be nothing to flip after a couple of flips.

What about counter-trend strategies? By the way, counter-trend strategies give the earliest signals. It is counter-trend strategies that are the leaders in this Championship. As for inaccurate market entry by a coin signal... Is the percentage value of inaccurate signals of the "trend" Expert Advisor much different from that of the "penny" one? Just a little. What matters first of all for any trading system is not the percentage of profitable and losing positions, but its stability. It is for the sake of this stability that the MTS is used. Let your Expert Advisor trade on a losing stable strategy. In this case it is easy to turn a losing strategy into a profitable one.

But manual trading suffers precisely from its terrifying instability! With such instability, as the human factor, you will not make oatmeal.

By the way, the stability of the MTS trade, first of all, is confirmed by the current CHAMPIONSHIP! I think this is the GREATEST result of the Championship, especially the stability of MTS trading. Thanks to the Organizers for taking our EAs to their server. Because, if they were standing on our computers, sooner or later almost everyone would have interfered with their EAs and would have introduced an INSTANT human factor into their operation.
The statistics of trading Expert Advisors at the Championship show that they have divided into groups for the most part: Profitable, Non-Participating, Loss-making. Group passing over from one group to another is insignificant. Leading Expert Advisors remain in their groups while loss-making ones stay in their own groups. This is encouraging.

Michel_S писал (а):
FION wrote (a):
Whether an expert or a human trader, there is only one winning principle: the market goes where we go, and if you flip a coin, there will be nothing to flip after a couple of flips.

Ha! And what about counter-trend strategies? By the way, it's the counter-trend strategies that give the earliest signals. It is the counter-trend strategy that is in the lead in this Championship. As for inaccurate market entry by a coin signal... Is the percentage value of inaccurate signals of the "trend" Expert Advisor much different from that of the "penny" one? Just a little. What matters most for any trading system is not the percentage of profitable and losing positions, but its stability. It is for the sake of this stability that the MTS is used. Let your Expert Advisor trade on a losing stable strategy. In this case it is easy to turn a losing strategy into a profitable one.

In contrast, manual trading suffers just from the dreadful instability! With such instability, as the human factor, you will not make oatmeal.
What about the Philosopher's Stone? :) I think it's easier to educate yourself about stability and remove the psychological factor in trading than to write a profitable mechanical trading system.

Let your EA trade a losing but stable strategy. In this case it is easy to turn a losing strategy into a profitable one. - If there were no spread - then yes)))), but since the spread in our environment always exists)))), then IMHO we again believe in the grail.

quality писал (а):
Michel_S wrote (a):
FION wrote (a):

Ha! What about counter-trend strategies? By the way, it's the counter-trend strategies that give the earliest signals. It is counter-trend strategies that are in the lead in this Championship. As for inaccurate market entry by a coin signal... Is the percentage value of inaccurate signals of the "trend" Expert Advisor much different from that of the "penny" one? Just a little. What matters first of all for any trading system is not the percentage of profitable and losing positions, but its stability. It is for the sake of this stability that the MTS is used. Let your Expert Advisor trade on a losing stable strategy. In this case it is easy to turn a losing strategy into a profitable one.

And manual trading suffers precisely because it is terribly unstable! With such instability, as the human factor, you will not make oatmeal.
What about the Philosopher's Stone? :) I think it's easier to educate yourself about stability and remove the psychological factor in trading than to write a profitable mechanical trading system.
I've already said about it - MT-4 comes with a simple advisor on one MA, optimize it on a semi-annual interval (TIMFrame 1H) and you will see a profitable, "already written" MTS.

<br / translate="no"> I've said it before - MT-4 comes with a simple EA on a single MA, optimise it on a semi-annual interval and you'll see a profitable, "already written" MTS.

Yes... The thought has crossed my mind. Going around in circles. You study the indicators, the experts. I try and test them. All in all, years pass but the conclusion is the same - it feels like you start from the beginning :)))))
I have been trading for a long time. I have formalized the rules and I have been trading. I trade manually. I cannot say that it is profitable, but it is stable. I have millions of books on technical and fundamental analysis in my head. Trading rules are simple, and they do not take into account 0.00001 per cent of all knowledge. What I have achieved over the years is a cold attitude to both profits and stop-losses.

quality писал (а):

I've said it before - MT-4 comes with a simple EA on a single MA, optimise it on a semi-annual interval and you'll see a profitable, "already written" MTS.

Yes... The thought has crossed my mind. Going around in circles. You study the indicators, the experts. You test them, check them. All in all, years pass but the conclusion is the same - it feels like you start from the beginning :)))))
I have been trading for a long time. I have formalized the rules and I have been trading. I trade manually. I cannot say that it is profitable, but it is stable. I have millions of books on technical and fundamental analysis in my head. Trading rules are simple, and they do not take into account 0.00001 per cent of all knowledge. What I have achieved over the years is a cold attitude to both profits and stop losses.
If over the years you have not created a profitable TS for yourself - may not trade, although, of course, the process can also be enjoyable.
Reason: