Poll: balance of the winner - page 3

There is a simple system that has a 50% chance of winning.
Open at the beginning to either side.

12 pairs - 24 systems, and one of them with a high probability will win the contest.
And half of the pairs can be discarded immediately (EURCHF for example).

But I suspect that most of the systems are pipsers.
These systems will be rejected by all.

If a random system wins, the winnings will be large (tens of thousands).
If all such systems fail and the "right" systems are left,
then the winnings will be small - 10-50% (and generally also random).

All IMHO :)

YuraZ писал (а):

But I'd probably prefer an expert who doesn't take first place, but just comes in like a turtle with no losses.
with at least 10 to 20%.

And what is the sense in such an Expert Advisor with 10-20%? The forex market is still risky. Who can you convince to invest in such an Expert? There are plenty of other areas of investment with less risk to make such profits. If the market has a higher risk, then the interest in case of success should be tangible.

Michel_S писал (а):
What is the point of such an Expert with 10-20%? The forex market is still risky. Who can you convince to invest in such an Expert? There are plenty of other areas of investment with less risk to make such profits. If the market has a higher risk, then the interest in case of success should also be tangible.

20% for 3 months .... not enough ?!?!?
"How much money do you need?

ForexFox писал (а):
Michel_S wrote (a):
What is the point of such an Expert with 10-20%? The forex market is still risky. Who can you convince to invest in such an Expert? There are plenty of other areas of investment with less risk to make such profits. If the market has a higher risk, then the interest in case of success should be tangible.

20% for 3 months .... not enough ?!?!?
"How much money do you need?"

I don't think I've noticed anyone else besides you who would like to be satisfied with 10-20% for three months (that's 3-7% per month - like banks on consumer loans). I have noticed different figures. Your appetites are probably the most modest.

Michel_S писал (а):
I don't think I've noticed anyone else besides you who wants to settle for 10-20% in three months (that's 3-7% per month - like banks on consumer loans). I have noticed different figures. Your appetites are probably the most modest.

You are mistaken about the 3-7% per month.
Those must be annual rates.

And 20% in 3 months is 80% a year. Almost doubling your capital in a year. Is that not enough ?!?

And my system cannot give more than 20% for the duration of the contest. But this is compensated for by the stability of the balance gain.
Sincerely

and 20% in 3 months, that's 80% in a year. Almost a doubling of capital in a year. is that not enough ?!?!?

20% for 3 months including reinvestment in a year would be (1+0.2)^4 - 1 = 107.36% p.a.

ForexFox писал (а):
And my system cannot give more than 20% for the duration of the contest. But this is compensated for by the stability of the balance gain.
With respect.

And my system is not guided by percentages at all, neither large nor small. They may be the same in some months, and different in other months. I am not sure how much interest you will get during the contest period - life will tell you. And you, if I understand correctly, will definitely have 20%. So for me it's a benchmark for winning or losing. :)

I think the winner's balance will be around 19,000

If you're going to flub, don't forget to give the exact winning balance figure. At the end of the contest, it will be interesting to compare expectations with fact.
Reason: