Once again, it's about the eternal: trend/flat. - page 11

Here is the current situation with the M5 pound. The program is marking itself.

And this is what it looks like on M15

Levels (and interlevels) can be given a "psychological colouring" - internal resistance, external resistance - neutral - exit to another level - 20-50-70%, etc.

in general "creativity in the hands of the people". Price "acquires" a psychological motivation (left or right, false-breakthrough, taking out stops)

Red levels (weekly)

Alexander Laur:

- If I decrease the lot, the risk will decrease in proportion to the decrease in the lot;

- If I increase the stop loss, the risk will increase, because I will lose a larger % of my deposit when the increased stop loss is triggered.

- If I increase the take, the risk will not change, but the probability of the take being triggered will decrease.

Thank you. But there's 'if I ...' all over the place, and the question was how are your numbers tied to the market situation - does the size of those 2 variables (risk and lot) depend on anything on the price chart? Or not on the price chart, but does it depend on something? Only on the pressure in the trader's skull?

In the earlier phase of a possible flat, the pound 5M is the current state.

A flat is a traders' meeting - more experienced traders empty their pockets of less experienced ones, and then brokers use candles to clean up the pockets of more experienced traders... and then news preparation comes in, we play the news, and then doll or some other elephants come and clean up everything... before, at least they managed to get on elephants' tail... but now they even fail... so there are only levels and reliable long term trading...

Try using the T/F indicator https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/97569, if the indicator is near zero - yawlett, otherwise - trend. See how easily it does the job:

Индикатор "Тангенс" для идентификации тренда и флэтта
Индикатор "Тангенс" для идентификации тренда и флэтта
  • www.mql5.com
Если до сих пор не известен подобный индикатор, то, предлагаю его сделать по формуле: tg(alfa) = [C - MA(N)]/N, где: C - текущая цена; MA(N) - знач...

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Try using the T/F indicator https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/97569, if the indicator is near zero - yawlett, otherwise - trend. See how easily it does the job:

Very controversial. Especially the part in bold.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Thanks,Yousufkhodja for the indicator. It fit well in my TS, just not in defining a flat, it doesn't perform that function, but as a filter. Maybe it should be smoothed out a bit somehow.

Alexander Laur:

The clauses beginning with "if I ...." simply showed how the trader can change the risks.

You asked the question:"Can you give a sample of the calculated risk? What exactly should be calculated - what to subtract/add and multiply from what" and I answered in my example:"Depo: $ 1000.0, EURUSD chart,position volume 18% of depo = 0.82 lots. 10% risk of the deposit = 123 pips.If I open at 1.08942 (Buy Limit), stop: 1.08942 - 0.0123 = 1.08819, take: 1.08942 + 0.0123 = 1.09065. That is, in order to get a profit of 10% of the deposit, I risk a loss of 10% of the deposit. This is at 0.82 lot." This is just an example, for understanding.

Now about the figures, tied to the market situation.

1. the topic is about the trend and the flat. The author is interested in how participants define these concepts. Just a reminder.

2. I gave the definition of a trend and a flat through the direction of position opening: a flat is when the opening of positions does NOT depend on the direction of opening, while a trend does depend on the direction of opening. What is the definition of dependence/independence? From my point of view only by RISK. The very nature of the market draws this conclusion, as the market makes Vibrational movements.

3. What do I mean by "doesn't depend on the direction of the opening"? I mean that the probability of a stop being triggered is MUCH LESS than the probability of a take being triggered at the ORDER RISK (stop level). In other words, I open a position and don't bother determining the opening direction. As the risks I have chosen ensure that the take is triggered.

4. With a trend, on the contrary, there is a very significant dependence on the opening direction. If the trader makes a mistake with the direction, the probability of getting a loss is many times higher than the probability of getting a profit with ONE risk.

I think it is clear now, that varying the risks one and the same chart section may be considered as a flat in case of some risks and as a trend in case of other risks.

I will let everyone determine for himself specific figures. There are no universal solutions.

I do not want to be offensive, but this explanation of the flat looks like a cart pulled ahead of the horse. For me, for example, it is more important to see the perspective, rather than crying over the consequences.
Reason: