Once again, it's about the eternal: trend/flat. - page 15

Andrey Dik:
Open an MT5 terminal at least once in your life. Open a demo account from MetaQuotes, select any trading instrument, click on the instrument in "Market Overview" and select "Depth of Market", there are volumes to buy and sell. There's nothing difficult, just follow this link. Even a child could do it. Finally, make sure that there are volumes in forex. Once and for all.
Show me the glass with the volumes. A picture. Say EURUSD. Forex.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I've already told you everything about the indicator and why it doesn't work. I have nothing to add.

It's not that it doesn't work for me or anyone else. It won't work for anyone - I mean it won't show t/f, because there is no definition of t/f in the code, there is no link to the chart and its TF. Do you understand?

Ah, don't care... Fucking sick of it... Buy some dichlorvos or something, take a sniff, maybe get your cockroaches out of your head...

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Show me the glass with the volumes. A picture. Say EURUSD. Forex.

prostotrader showed - not enough?

OK, here's more:

Open an MT5 terminal at least once in your life. Open a demo account from MetaQuotes, select any trading instrument, click on the instrument in "Market Overview" and select "Depth of Market", there are volumes to buy and sell. There's nothing difficult, just followthis link. Even a child could do it. Finally, make sure that there are volumes in forex. Once and for all.

At this clinic, don't even try, you're wasting your time

Комбинатор:
This one has a clinic, don't even try, it's a waste of time.
Yeah, well... The question always arises: "Where do you come from? And even though the answer is known: "It all comes from the same place as everyone else", the question doesn't become any less relevant...

So there are at least 3 ways (with different approaches) of defining t/f, pretty good, and I thought we would never get to the specifics.

Alexander Laur:

I can't figure out what figure you want from me. I gave you an example with numbers, but your answers didn't seem to satisfy you. I don't care if you don't want a number. :)

In my posts I tried to focus not on numbers, but on the approach to solving the problem of determining t/f. Having defined the approach on a qualitative level, everyone will be able to choose for themselves the figures acceptable to them.

Again about the approach.

The author, when determining the t/f, chooses the candlestick, time and price range as the element base. This approach, the author agrees that in some TF this may be a flat, while in other TF this may be a trend! There is a NON-CONFIDENTIALITY in the output.

1. How can you build a system of definitions on an element base that ends up with an ambiguous result? What is the point of that?

2. What does the author need t/f definitions for? I think he needs it to determine:

- the direction of open positions;

- his risks.

If I am not mistaken in assuming the author's goals in trying to define c/f, then why not choose RISKS and direction of position opening as the element base of these definitions? In my opinion, this approach is more logical and removes the ambiguity that candlesticks, etc. provide. The channel created by your risks (stop levels) is UNDERSTANDING on any TF, instrument, market!!!

You should strive to trade in a STATIONARY CHANNEL. When trading in a stationary channel, there are no trends, everything is clear with risks, with opening directions too.

An example of a stationary channel is a triangle: EURUSD, USDJPY, EURJPY.

Again no specific figures. :)

Very cleverly evading questions.

I will say it again:

Andrey Dik:

OK.

Take the 100 mio, work 0.01 of a lot, and bingo. - The deal is in the bag? Then the losing strategies become profitable?

After all, this is what you are talking about - less risk, so entry directions don't matter. We take a random system with a huge deposit and a minimum lot, so the lower the risk, the higher the efficiency of the system? - Because as you say, entry directions become unimportant.

Alexander Laur:

To complete the picture, I will add to my previous post.

I determine the risk according to the formula: position volume * stop size = % of deposit loss.

Viewing (analyzing) the market through the prism of your risks, you get a clear, transparent system that helps a trader to understand what is happening in the market at the moment.

For example, a trader assumes that the risks allow him to apply the rules of trading in the channel: he defines the levels where he will open the buy, levels where he will open the sell, defines the goals of profit taking and gets down to business - to trade in the channel. But if he senses something wrong, he will have a good chance to close position to zero (without loss), because during flat the market often returns to previous levels. If the trader guessed wrong and the market is not flat, the stop will be triggered. You must agree that this approach is simple and clear!

Note that we have not even said a word about candlesticks! :)

PS: I think this is the answer to Andrew Dick as well.

I've read it to the red highlighted, but I didn't bother to read it.... An analyst in a word - there is nothing shameful in it, of course. But it is not good for formalization, so there are no specific numbers associated with an instrument chart.

Thank you, your opinion is very valuable to me.

Yeah, that's the spirit!

Alexander Laur:

PS: I think this is also the answer to Andrew Dick.

There has never been an answer, unfortunately.
Reason: