Making a crowdsourced project on Canvas - page 10

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

don't be ridiculous -- no language will ever replace an application language

p.s. no API is needed, pure mql is enough

There will be an API, I assure you, you won't need anything else. The application language is only for getting market information and trading functions. This is the end of the application language.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
There will be an API, I assure you, you won't need anything else. The application language is only for getting market information and trading functions. That's where the application language ends.

why assure me of anything -- when I already know you're talking nonsense right now

no language can replace an application language in terms of speed, updates and so on.

You can fool yourself, of course.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

why assure me of anything -- when I already know you're talking nonsense right now

no language can replace an application language in terms of speed, updates and so on.

You can fool yourself, of course.

I guess you're just not in the loop. Once again: an application language is just a dozen functions, or classes, and that's it.

Speed? If you want HFT, it's not the right place for you.

I'm not against MQL at all. For many tasks, it is probably indispensable.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
There will be an API, I assure you, you won't need anything else. The application language is just about getting market information and trading functions. And that's the end of the application language.

You know, I want to give you an example.

I once wanted to trade on a TWS platform.

I investigated API and decided to try to write a trading robot in C#.

When I realized how much functionality I would have to create to implement some advanced features of MQL, I abandoned the idea.

Instead I started to search for possibility to build a bridge between MT and TWS to use MT as a base of my trading robot.

That's the story...

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I'm guessing you're just out of touch. Once again, an application language is just a dozen functions, or classes, and that's it.

I'm not going to tell you -- if you're not in the loop, then you're not in the loop -- each one is different from the other, in dreams and in real life.

And as for "an application language is only a dozen functions or classes, and that's it" -- no, far from it.

Реter Konow:

You know, I want to give you one example.

I once wanted to trade on the TWS platform.

I investigated API and decided to try to write a trading robot in C#.

When I realized how much functionality I would have to create to implement some advanced features of MQL, I abandoned the idea.

Instead, I started searching for the opportunity to build a bridge between MT and TWS in order to use MT as a base of my trading robot.

That's the story...

Sorry, I don't know and haven't worked with TWS.

The API is the full functionality of MT. The language is whatever you feel comfortable with.

Once again - I don't mean to say that MKL is not needed. It is necessary for many tasks. But it does not, and cannot, solve a lot of problems.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Sorry, I don't know and haven't worked with TWS.

The API is the full functionality of the MT. The language is whatever you feel comfortable with.

Once again - I'm not saying MKL isn't needed. It is necessary for many tasks. But it doesn't, and can't, solve a lot of problems.

I think that the main drawback of MT and MQL is the absence of an easy way to create a professional interface for applications.

Otherwise, I don't even know what to complain about...

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

I'm not going to tell you -- if you're not in the loop, then you're not in the loop -- each one is different from the other, in dreams and in real life.

As for "an application language is just a dozen functions or classes, and that's it" -- no, far from it.

If it's more convenient for you, I'm not going to argue. Jedem das seine (c)

I have nothing to say to you because you're fine with it. I agree with you. And I don't want you to stop.

Why are you arguing if I'm not? I don't understand.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Why are you arguing if I'm happy with the other thing? I don't understand.

I never argue with anyone -- making a point is not an argument

Реter Konow:

I think the main drawback of MT and MQL is the lack of easy way to create a professional interface for applications.

Otherwise, - I don't even know what to complain about...

It won't be professional from creating scroll buttons, forms, etc. MKL at the level of Borland C++ 3.0 from the 80's.

Interfaces etc. (whichever comes to mind) outward, in any language. Trading functions and market information in MKL. And all problems are solved. Whoever is more comfortable does so. If you want, you may create your TS in MKL; if you want, you may create it on LISP. There's no disagreement.

Why are you coming at me like I'm the enemy of the people? Am I trying to take away your beloved MCL? I'm not, and I wouldn't dream of it.)

Reason: