Hunting for Stop Losses - page 6

George Merts:

That's right, I'm trying to study - and I don't see any "race". I regularly have a few pips that don't reach the stop. If someone were chasing them, they'd probably be knocked out by studs... But they don't. If my stop was outrun, after half an hour I would say to myself, "It's good that the stop was there, because the price went the wrong way"...

It is easy to check. We write a simple Expert Advisor on the intersection of MA and moving average that sets real stops. And the same exact Expert Advisor, exposing virtual stops. Then we run them both in trade. If there is a "race for stops" then the one with real stops should have more losses than the one with virtual ones.

Shall we check ?

I wrote the answer above! First of all, take a good look at Price Action. Then get into the market structure, i.e. who controls it, how and why (or strongly influences it). And then maybe your mind will change...

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The moral is: Price goes against the crowd. Which, however, is what we often see.

What a load of nonsense. The man doesn't have the slightest idea about the market.

Do you even understand what you are saying?

George Merts:

That's right, I'm trying to study - and I don't see any "race". I regularly have a few pips that don't reach the stop. If someone were chasing them, they'd probably be knocked out by studs... But they don't. If my stop was outrun, after half an hour I would say to myself, "It's a good thing the stop was there, because the price went the wrong way"...

It is easy to check. We write a simple Expert Advisor on the intersection of MA and moving average that sets real stops. And the same exact Expert Advisor, exposing virtual stops. Then we run them both in trade. If there is a "race for stops" then the one with real stops should have more losses than the one with virtual ones.

Shall we check ?

You'd better check those days when Brexit happened or raising the dollar rate, or even good, important news. Everything can be clearly seen there. Many traders went on a binge after the rate hike )))) or it was a drop in price, I do not remember...

Yuriy Asaulenko:
What a load of rubbish. The man has not the slightest idea about the market.
I don't even want to argue with you... it's all useless.

Maksim Neimerik:
I don't even want to argue with you... all is useless.

And don't argue. Better read something. Illiteracy (to say the least)) flourishes.

And arguing with them is useless. As one literary character said - There are always more fools.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:
And don't argue. Better read something. Illiteracy is rampant.
Yes, I can see that)) Goodbye, literate!

Maksim Neimerik:
Yes, I can see that)) Bye-bye, literate man!

Goodbye, you self-righteous man. Till your next opus.))

George Merts:

That's right, I'm trying to study - and I don't see any "race". I regularly have a few pips that don't reach the stop. If someone were chasing them, they'd probably be knocked out by studs... But they don't. If my stop was outrun, after half an hour I would say to myself, "It's good that the stop was there, because the price went the wrong way"...

It is easy to check. We write a simple Expert Advisor on the intersection of MA and moving average that sets real stops. And the same exact Expert Advisor, exposing virtual stops. Then we run them both in trade. If there is a "race to the stops", then the one with real stops should have more losses than the one with virtual stops.

Shall we check?

Are you kidding me or are you serious?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I read somewhere:

A managing trader goes to work, comes to shine his shoes, and in the process asks the cleaner a question: "Where will JM stock go?" The cleaner doesn't hesitate to say, "Of course it's going up."

The manager comes into the office, and he says: "Sell JM stock immediately," because even the cleaner knows it's going up, so it's going down.

Moral is: Price goes against the crowd. However, that is what we often see.

When a good forecast for a stock comes out - people who heard the forecast first start buying that stock. then the information spreads, other people buy that company's stock. every day some people buy that company's stock, which causes a trend.
The price goes up, not because the company is growing, but because people are buying its shares.
and when even the biggest suckers, the laziest ones, start buying the stock, when the information reaches even the shoeshine boys and when everyone has bought it, the trend ends and the chart turns into a horizontal line.
then those who bought first begin to close their positions and the market collapses.
Those who made gains are those who bought first. those who lost are those who bought last.

igrok333:
I will explain the effect of this topic. when a good forecast for a stock comes out - people who heard the forecast first start buying that stock. then the information spreads, other people buy that company's stock. every day some people buy that company's stock, which causes a trend.
The price goes up, not because the company is growing, but because people are buying its shares.
and when even the biggest suckers, the laziest ones, start buying the stock, when the information reaches even the shoe shiners and when everyone has bought it, the trend ends and the chart turns into a horizontal line.
then those who bought first begin to close their positions and the market collapses.
Those who made gains are those who bought first. those who lost are those who bought last.
+
Reason: