Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 63

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Open the very first thread with the voting. There, Dick explicitly said that he had an algorithm and that he had a bet with someone there that his algorithm was the best. And he decided to organize a contest to prove to someone that his algorithm is the best.

That's why Dick is the organizer and the contestant. And that's why the rules are his and not anybody else's. That's why he says you're all "trailer", either my rules and my participation, or leave -- I'll be the only one left unbeaten.

I don't see any selectivity in the rules yet. Well, that's the range. So you have to scale the output array. It's not a problem for anyone but you.

You can send all sorts of algorithms. GA is not the only problem. I agree with Reg Konow.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Open the very first thread with the voting. There, Dick explicitly said that he had an algorithm and that he had a bet with someone there that his algorithm was the best. And he decided to organize a contest to prove to someone that his algorithm is the best.

That's why Dick is the organizer and the contestant. And that's why the rules are his and not anybody else's. That's why he says you're all "trailer," my rules and my participation, or leave -- I'll be the only one left unbeaten.

Yeah, that's right. That guy threw me the gauntlet, but refused to fight.

But now the championship is something more and more useful than just a showdown. Many participants recognise the usefulness of the event for educational purposes.

Andrey Dik:

So, in view of the commencing excitement among the participants, let's move on to the stage of deciding on the assignment of FFs.

Participants, suggest variants of their FFs in the format: f(x,y), preferably with graphs for visual evaluation.

Another thing! and about the range let's decide together! and about the connection let's vote... Let's solve all the issues by voting. Let it take longer. Let there be arguments, but everyone will understand and be more prepared to fight you. It's fairer that way, Andrei.

Andrey Dik:

Yeah, that's right. That guy threw me the gauntlet but refused to fight.

But now the championship is something more and more useful than a mere showdown. Many participants recognise the usefulness of the event for educational purposes.

There is also money involved. There is a prize fund. For some participants, the motivation may not be of an educational nature. If, God forbid, they are also more empowered than other participants, then it is obviously not fair game.

Реter Konow:
That's another thing! Let's decide together about the range! And about the connection... Let's decide all the issues by voting. Let it take more time. Let there be arguments, but everyone will understand and become more prepared to fight you. It's fairer that way, Andrei.

Do you want to debate? You have a great opportunity now - discuss and offer examples of your FFs. This is the most important part of the championship!

Everything else - the connection interfaces and examples will remain unchanged. And these questions have no influence on the outcome of the competition.

Andrey Dik:

Yeah, that's right. That guy threw me the gauntlet but refused to fight.

But now the championship is something more and more useful than a mere showdown. Many participants recognize the usefulness of this event for educational purposes.

"Many participants" means how many? If the goals of the championship are educational -- so then we should target people likeRetag Konow who want to figure out the problem, take part and expect to (reasonably and deservedly) win.

Also, if the purpose of the championship is educational - and the topic is really still understandable to a minority of potential participants (who are not on the list) - then for such championships, you should also prepare the audience. In that first thread with voting I already commented on it.

Anyway.

Реter Konow:
There is also money involved. There is a prize fund. For some participants, the motivation may not be of an educational nature. If, God forbid, they have more power than other contestants, it is obviously not fair game.
One more statement like that, an attempt to tarnish the organiser and sponsors - you will be suspended from participation.

Andrey Dik:
One more statement like that, an attempt to tarnish the organiser and the sponsors, and you will be suspended.
Well, you made a good point about the organiser. But what does that have to do with the sponsors? I didn't say anything about sponsors. Why make it up?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

"Many participants" is how many? If the championship's goals are educational -- then we should target people likeReTeg Konow who want to understand the problem, take part and expect (reasonably and deservedly) to win.

Also, if the purpose of the championship is educational - and the topic is really still understandable to a minority of potential participants (who are not on the list) - then for such championships, you should also prepare the audience. In that first thread with voting I already commented on it.

Oh, come on.

Many is 3 or 4 people. Half of the registered participants. Who is ready - will participate, whether there are as many or as few as there are.

But how many people do you think are silently watching this thread now? They just keep silently following events in the branch. People are gaining knowledge. That's thousands of thread views every day, if not more. Plus Google doesn't take a nap, writes everything down in its bottomless notebook.

Andrey Dik:
One more statement like that, an attempt to tarnish the organisers and sponsors, and you will be suspended.
You know, it's not good to cast a shadow. But it's easy for a shadow to disappear. All you have to do is stand in the midday sun.
Reason: