Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 7

Dmitry Fedoseev:
You can interrupt, but then you can't see the result.
Why not? Global variables are fine for saving the best result in all steps (not parameters, just the result). Even with a forced stop, you can watch the result with your eyes.

There is no limit to the number of ff calls you can make. Allocate time, if you fail to do so, you are free.

The result is calculated by a combination of two factors - the time spent and the value.

But it would be better not to count time, but limit the number of FF calls and that's it. Then all participants will be in equal conditions, the winner is determined by value. Only especially slow ones should be discarded.

Andrey Dik:
Why not? Global variables are fine to save the best result in all steps (not parameters, just result). Even with a forced halt, you can watch the result with your eyes. We are programmers. )))

So you should write this in the rules and show it in the sample code.

By the way, it will increase the spectacle, you can draw graphs.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
So you have to write about it in the rules and show it in the sample code.
Absolutely, it says so here .

But this is an unnecessary complication for nothing.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
But this is an unnecessary complication.

Well, who said it would be easy to win? I didn't promise that... )))

I remind you, you can just use the DGS, the result among the contestants will not be the worst, almost guaranteed (as much as the DGS can guarantee).

Andrey Dik:

Well, who said it would be easy to win? I didn't promise that... )))

Just a reminder, you can just use the DGS, the result among the participants will not be the worst, it is almost guaranteed (as much as the DGS can guarantee).

Nah, with me the HGS has no chance))

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Nah, no chance with me)))

This is good, because if, for example, an FF has a minimum value of 0 and a maximum value of 1, then the average (for a statistically significant result there will be several test runs) value will be about 0.5, regardless of the complexity of the FF presented.

And if to take into account that the contestant's algorithm can give a result on the first FF run, then by the number of runs he will definitely be one of the first. And the other contestants will have to produce some very good FF results in order to win.

So I assure you, your chances are much smaller than they seem. (no smiley face)

ZS. I'm shocked by what this post said myself.... I too have very low odds.)))

Incorrect control.

Compared my algorithm and just random generation, random generation is in the tail, it doesn't even find an extremum at all.

At the moment 7 people have registered to take part in the championship.

Andrey Dik
Reg Konow
Igor Volodin
Dmitry Fedoseev
Sergey Chalyshev
Ghenadie Tumco

Igor Volodin

I wish everyone great achievements and amazing discoveries!

See you soon!

Reason: