Can anyone explain to be how a signal can just dissapear?

I was following "Itc" (author Shaheen Hassanali), this signal had been doing well for some time, however lastnight, it kept opening poor positions. I had it on a live account, and it ended up making quite substantial losses. I woke up this morning, to find the signal has just disappeared. The author is still listed, but the signal is just gone and all the positions were just closed?

Firstly, how can a signal just disappear? Surely this isn't good for users of your site, because if signals are allowed to just disappear, the listing of available signals will be grossely skewed towards appearing better than they are (if signals are just allowed to remove them selves when they perform poorly, then all us users will see are signals that haven't performed so badly the author hasn't removed them yet.)

Also, why would I not have been given the option to close these positions manually. Some of them might have returned, just because the author ran out of money, doesn't mean I did, perhaps I would like to have kept these positions open and nursed them or something. I feel, if signal providers are allowed to just "disappear", then the professional think to do would be to give the options around their demise.

I want this to be a fair community, but things like this, aren't really all that fair for us the users. Other new rules, like not allowing users to test signals on demo accts first if the signal is posted on a real acct, and the equally strange rule of requiring users to charge for real acct signals are further examples of how this website just doesn't really seem to have my interests at heart. I would like to post a signal, on a real acct and not charge for it, but I can't now - go figure!

Steve

morton247:

I was following "Itc" (author Shaheen Hassanali), this signal had been doing well for some time, however lastnight, it kept opening poor positions. I had it on a live account, and it ended up making quite substantial losses. I woke up this morning, to find the signal has just disappeared. The author is still listed, but the signal is just gone and all the positions were just closed?

Firstly, how can a signal just disappear? Surely this isn't good for users of your site, because if signals are allowed to just disappear, the listing of available signals will be grossely skewed towards appearing better than they are (if signals are just allowed to remove them selves when they perform poorly, then all us users will see are signals that haven't performed so badly the author hasn't removed them yet.)

Also, why would I not have been given the option to close these positions manually. Some of them might have returned, just because the author ran out of money, doesn't mean I did, perhaps I would like to have kept these positions open and nursed them or something. I feel, if signal providers are allowed to just "disappear", then the professional think to do would be to give the options around their demise.

I want this to be a fair community, but things like this, aren't really all that fair for us the users. Other new rules, like not allowing users to test signals on demo accts first if the signal is posted on a real acct, and the equally strange rule of requiring users to charge for real acct signals are further examples of how this website just doesn't really seem to have my interests at heart. I would like to post a signal, on a real acct and not charge for it, but I can't now - go figure!

Steve

As a seller signal, they can delete their signals or change it to private, this might the reason of the signal had disappear. A good seller must have been give the notification of this before they delete the signal or change it to private. Just an opinion. Or maybe mql5 need to add notification to all subscribers before the seller complete the deletion.

morton247:

Steve

They delete their signal when their account did not perform well

And this is where an expert advisor has an advantage over signal. A signal could cease any time or change trading behaviour and incur loses.

tonny:
And this is where an expert advisor has an advantage over signal. A signal could cease any time or change trading behaviour and incur loses.

Thanks all for your comments. It just seems bad practice to me that a signal provider would just delete a signal if it stops performing well. They just delete the signal and create a new one, or delete their acct and re open it with a new name and a new signal - ready to do the same if the new signal stops performing well. This type of behaviour is hard to spot and worse, it skews the results we see and gives us incorrect trust in the signals provided. It's a shame!

I agree, EA's don't have this problem.

ariejobs123-TS:
As a seller signal, they can delete their signals or change it to private, this might the reason of the signal had disappear. A good seller must have been give the notification of this before they delete the signal or change it to private. Just an opinion. Or maybe mql5 need to add notification to all subscribers before the seller complete the deletion.
Signal provider can't change to private if signal have subscribers.
Reason: