Two types of indicators on one chart? - page 5

Dmitry Fedoseev:
A normal moving average is exactly the same as a broken line. All indicators are a broken line from bar to bar.
Not all of them.

comp:
Not all of them.
And Baba Yaga is against it! :)

Karputov Vladimir:
Of course! After all, my most humble indicator is just that! And everyone can make sure of it. PR is like that.

Karputov Vladimir:
If you put it that way, then all discrete signals are broken, from countdown to countdown. Actually, broken/unbroken is a matter of interpolation. If MT interpolates by segments, then it doesn't follow to draw global conclusions from that. It should be said - in MT the graphs are broken. :)

Yuriy Asaulenko:
If you reason that way, then all discrete signals are broken, from reference to reference. In fact, broken/unbroken is a matter of interpolation. If MT interpolates by segments, then it doesn't follow to draw global conclusions from that. It should be said - in MT the graphs are broken. :)
It's not about interpolation and smooth, beautiful curve output. The point is that the line should be exactly at the price that the buffer has on the bar being checked, not interpolated for beauty and eye candy.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
If you reason that way, then all discrete signals are broken, from reference to reference. In fact, broken/unbroken is a matter of interpolation. If MT interpolates by segments, then it doesn't follow to draw global conclusions from that. It should be said - in MT the graphs are broken. :)
In case you forgot, the conversation was about whether trend lines can be drawn by an indicator in the same way as indicator buffers. The answer is yes it can. It explains why it is possible - because the values on the bars are connected by straight lines.

comp:
Of course! After all, my most humble indicator is just that! And everyone can see that. PR is like that.
You need a link to the indicator so that everyone can see for themselves that you're a blabbermouth.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
I want to know if it is possible to draw the indicator by means of trend lines as well as by means of indicator buffers. The answer is yes.

This is the wrong answer to the wrong question. Attached is a screenshot - draw the trend lines of what the indicator has drawn there with the buffers

The correct answer is that you may more often than not. And when you can - do you need hundreds of thousands / millions of trend lines to imitate a simple MA MA? If the terminal does not give a damn about it, i.e. the answer "more often you may" should be accompanied by additional limitations.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other MT chart that can plot curves by reference points

Files:
Rounded.png  16 kb

Alexander Puzanov:

This is the wrong answer to the wrong question. Attached is a screenshot - draw the trend lines of what the indicator has drawn there with the buffers

The correct answer is that you may more often than not. And when you can - do you need hundreds of thousands / millions of trend lines to imitate a simple MA MA? If the terminal does not give a damn about it, i.e. the answer "more often you may" should be accompanied by additional limitations.

I was wondering if anyone knows a shape from the MT set that can plot curves by reference points.

Am I right, that such a screen on M1 would not work?

comp:
Am I right to understand that such a screen on M1 would not work?

It makes no difference.

Don't make a mistake - the screenshot illustrates that when drawing by buffers the indicator is not limited to drawing a straight line of a given thickness between 2 bars, like a trend. But I personally do not know the way to control the drawing between the bars, because I haven't looked for it. Soon you will share it with us and we will assess its usability.

Files:
Rounded_M1.png  15 kb
Reason: