The fate of the world's currencies in the wake of the demise of the dollar. - page 24

Dmitry Fedoseev:

500 years old, in case you weren't aware.

All right. Make that 500. You're referring to Columbus' campaign. That's 1492, by the way. 525 years, if you say so. Only it wasn't America then, it was the British colony. Colonies, to be exact.
But we're talking about today's modern America. Today's real America began in 1787.

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:

All right. Make that 500. You're referring to the Columbus campaign. That's 1492, by the way. 525 years, if you say so. Only it wasn't America then, it was a British colony.
But we're talking about today's modern America. The real America of today began in 1787.

And the modern present state of the Russian Federation and its current constitution - how many centuries old?

Дмитрий:

And the modern present state of the Russian Federation and its current constitution - how many centuries?

:-)) I knew you would say that.

Russia was not a colony. And, although it is true that there have been many changes, as a country we have long existed. We have centuries of history. But we are not talking about us, we are talking about America.

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:

Okay. Let it be 500. You're referring to Columbus' campaign. That's 1492, by the way. 525 years, if you say so. Only it wasn't America then, it was the British colony. Colonies, to be exact.
But we're talking about today's modern America. Today's real America began in 1787.

You might be talking about that, but I was writing about something else (in that post you quoted)

Alexey Volchanskiy:
There was nothing to eat even under Brezhnev. I still remember my father sending pasta parcels to my sister in Chita! That was sometime in the 1980s. What they ate there in Chita is unclear.

False.

There were shortages of certain products, very different from region to region. There was no famine.

psdb 86, Trans-Baikal Military Division.

ps2 It was certainly not for Petersburgers and Muscovites to talk about hunger and shortages, all those in the surrounding oblasts went to the capitals for sausage.

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:

Now do you understand the stupidity of your argument?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Now do you understand the stupidity of your argument?

You first said that I don't understand what American debt is.
Tell me, since you know.
You say America is a country with centuries of history. Which it isn't.
You focus on the adoption of the constitution. But what does it have to do with the existence of the country itself...
Now do you understand the baselessness of your attacks?

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:

1. You first said I don't understand what American debt is.
Tell me if you do.
2. You are writing about a country with centuries of history that is not.
3. You focus on the adoption of the constitution. But what's that got to do with the existence of the country itself...
4. Now do you realise the groundlessness of your attacks?

1. You're on your own if you want to talk about it.

2. I wrote about people's experience of building a life from scratch, which is 500 years - 5 centuries old. 5 is a lot or a little, you'll have to decide for yourself.

3. Me? Are you out of your mind?

4. Nah, I don't see that happening.

Maksim Dlugoborskiy:

Russia was not a colony. And although it is true that there have been many changes, as a country we have existed for a long time. We have centuries of history. But we're not talking about us, we're talking about America.

About the USA, not about America.

The country of "Russia" never existed. And the state of the Russian Federation has a history of 26 years. And its constitution is about the same.

And the USA as a state has existed for several centuries, its constitution has existed and been in effect for several centuries and all the dollars issued since the founding of the USA have been legal tender for several centuries

A tradition dating back to 4 is to start a thread every year about how the dollar is about to end....

This tradition has been around for 10-15 years on this forum alone

Reason: