I divide traders into three categories. 1- Beginners (schoolchildren and oligarchs can be there). 2- The smart (programmers and technicians). 3- Fools (the rich looking to make a fortune). - page 6

nowi:

random data series? think about what you're writing in general.... how can it be random when it is created by humans, sentient (though not always) beings who always act on their own logic or emotions...

they are not random simply because this time series is the result of human trading activity, with its strategies, expectations, emotions and so on.... the market cannot be predicted, but there are some simple things (based on the psychology of the crowd and market realities) that provide information. you need to know how to separate the cutlets from the flies and understand what's information and what's noise....

Warren Buffett once said: playing the market with someone who believes in an efficient market is like playing poker with a man who thinks it's unnecessary to look at his own cards.)

GOOD

nowi:

random data series? think about what you're writing in general.... how can it be random when it is created by humans, sentient (though not always) beings who always act on their own logic or emotions...

they are not random simply because this time series is the result of human trading activity, with its strategies, expectations, emotions and so on.... the market cannot be predicted, but there are some simple things (based on the psychology of the crowd and market realities) that provide information. you need to know how to separate the cutlets from the flies and understand what's information and what's noise....

Warren Buffett once said: playing the market with someone who believes in an efficient market is like playing poker with a man who thinks it's unnecessary to look at his own cards.)

What are you talking about now? I was writing about a random series of data, how can it be non-random if it is random, and it even says "random".

nowi:

random data series? think about what you're writing in general...

Um... use your brain before you post.

Решетов как то правильно озадачился - что делать, если всё пошло не так? Он прав - этот вопрос надо решить в первую очередь.

You make me laugh) Reshetov.... I remember this guy... he is not a trader... he is a mathematician... he decided to use his mathematical knowledge to bend the market and beat it)... it's funny) he went off into the thick of abstruse crazy ideas (neural networks and other bullshit)... and most likely irrevocably, because it was a dead end...

Here it is:

Dmitry Fedoseev:
...... how can it be non-random if it is random, and it even says "random".
Yes, but you meant market data, didn't you...

nowi:
funny) Reshetov.... I remember someone like that... he's not a trader... he's a mathematician...decided to use mathematical knowledge to bend the market and beat it)... it's funny) he went off into the wilds of abstruse ideas (neural networks and other bullshit)... and most likely irrevocably, because this is a dead-end way...

I also went through the same thing. it was painful and frustrating for the irrevocably wasted time. there is one conclusion - it is useless to write indices. indices work in a flow. i tried to put a pause command in the inductor, i did not like the previous bar closing and current one opening prices, especially when the bar changes (this happens in less than a second, compare what is recorded in history and what actually happened, in real life, of course)... i realized then - the indicator works for the market, not for a profit of TS. it's a deadlock. as they say - finally i've hit a roadblock.)

i can't pause. that's why everything that involves historical data, to put it mildly, is wrong - .....

i.e. the only thing left is trading the current situation, i.e. the way through the long struggle with the loss to profit. everything turns out elementary there in the end.

nowi:
Yeah, but you implied market data, didn't you...
No. I didn't imply anything other than what I wrote.

new-rena:
I also went through the same thing. it was painful and frustrating for the irrevocably wasted time. there is one conclusion - it is useless to write indices. indices work in a flow. i tried to put a pause command in the inductor, i did not like the previous bar closing and current one opening prices, especially when the bar changes (this happens in less than a second, compare what is recorded in history and what actually happened, in real life, of course)... At this point it hit me - the indicator works for the market, not for a profit of the TS.)
it's not a secret - what do you see when you watch it in less than a second, which is longer in a year - it depends on how fast you watch it - what do you see when you watch it fast?

Сергей Криушин:
In less than a second, which is longer in a year - it depends on how fast you watch - if it's not a secret, what do you see happening there anyway... what do you see when you speed it up???
write an indicator showing prices on the screen, write the current prices to a file, compare it with the history. otherwise it would be too freeloading.
Reason: