I divide traders into three categories. 1- Beginners (schoolchildren and oligarchs can be there). 2- The smart (programmers and technicians). 3- Fools (the rich looking to make a fortune). - page 8

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Maybe animals do have creative potential, but we know nothing about it, and spider webs, dams and polar bears swim across the sea (but whether by stars) are the results of instincts. They don't have design bureaus, they don't develop different web designs, and they don't build them from blueprints. Here some like, take the long known and obvious and begin to prove the opposite (under the slogan of freedom of thought and independence from stereotypes). Sometimes such nonsense that it is difficult to object, only to recommend to call a doctor, but unfortunately it does not help.

For example, you wrote in some thread about a butterfly flying to the light. There was even a picture of a butterfly and a candle. Except the picture was a butterfly that never flies into the light. Nocturnal butterflies fly into the light. And the interesting thing is that they do not fly towards the light, but at an angle to the light (moonlight). So when they come across a source of light brighter than the moonlight, they fly at an angle to it, thus in a spiral.

I am not strong in biology. I learned about polar bears from a popular science film. Scientists swam after polar bear, which in the darkness, in search of food, unmistakably came to small, lonely islands. It often did not find any food there, so the thought that he swam to the smell of food was discarded. It was assumed that the bear is writing down the coordinates of the islands on a crust.

I wrote about the butterfly in philosophical terms. It was an illustrated answer to one brutal forum member's question about the way of trust (a butterfly flying on fire) and the way of doubt ("Buridan donkey"). It's a photomontage. The actual burning butterfly does not allow the heart to post.

Let me ask you a question. You have many articles on language, many indicators, many works. You often answer difficult questions on programming. I think you are fluent in programming and technical analysis. But concerning the trading strategies you mostly just criticize them. As the mechanic who makes good cars, but doesn't drive himself, and criticizes others. Do you have any trading strategies you trust, or are you skeptical of technical analysis in general and of robots in particular?

I have a normal attitude to theanalysis. I do not remember a single instance where I have criticised trading strategies, nor do I ever get involved in a discussion of strategies. Except in rare minor cases. I have focused mostly on technical aspects of strategy implementation, and I am willing to criticize them. I am Ok with robots too. I may be skeptical of robot owners who put their faith in robots and think they have reached the ultimate reality.
Reason: