The future of MQL5 is MQL5+ or even MQL6 - page 5

What a fertile topic! I think I'll also make a New Year present for Father Christmas ))

From trifle:

* I would really like a tooltip with a variable's value. It's not convenient to add a variable to WatchList every time.

* Simplify the functions. How annoying are endless checks of elementary things when you can't be sure of anything.

Every time I have to check if the history is available and if all the bars are loaded.

It should be simple, convenient and reliable. You specify the data you are going to work with in OnInit, the terminal loads them in synchronous mode and monitors their relevance.

* More flexible settings for the tester. There are a lot of complaints about the tester, the way it tests.

There are some promising ideas:

* The ability to import/export data to the terminal is desperately needed.

* Full-blown creation of synthetic tools and testing on them

* Addressing the terminal's functions (positions, orders, series, terminal, etc.) as objects. These PositionGetInteger() and HistoryDealGetDouble() are some crutches. Sorry.

* Improvement of standard libraries.

P.S. I agree with Vasiliy Sokolov.

In MT4 in the tester make the testing speed normal: otherwise 31 is slow and 32 is too fast on all ticks.

One more request:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Bugs, bugs, questions

Vasyl Nosal, 2015.12.26 11:46

Please 24 times. Make a template of the editor view.

That cheesy default view is horrible.

Karputov Vladimir:

Share your wishes about what needs to be implemented.

This includes the language itself (missing features, graphics capabilities, upgrading the standard library), and the terminal (desktop, other operating systems, mobile systems).

One thing's for sure: locs are forbidden. Any mention of them is punishable by hot iron. No hard feelings afterwards.

I would like to be able to use my EAs, indicators and scripts when working in MT4/5 via a mobile device (smartphone)

I really miss more advanced optimisation.

1) Own ticks loaded from CSV. The only reason why I'm still using MT4 is that I can load real ticks into it, autogenerated ticks in mt5 is useless and generally harmful.

2) Genetic optimization by its own criterion which is not integrated in OnTester. For example, I want to optimize the result by the total balance divided by Sharpe Ratio :) - If this is not added by OnTester developer, everything is lost.

3) Walk forward optimization. The optimizer should find not only the right parameters but also the duration of backtest and the duration of real trading period.
For example, we give the optimizer 2 years of history, try different parameters and different optimization periods, and get the results that the Expert Advisor needs to be optimized every month on the history of the previous 5 months to maximize profit.

Add to us the ability to manipulate our positions like the server manipulates quotes! Or just take away the server's ability to manipulate price, spread and slippage, and leave it to us as it is!

Oksana Berenko:
In MT4 in the tester make the testing speed normal: otherwise 31 is slow and 32 is too fast on all ticks.
seconded.)

Oksana Berenko:
In MT4, in the tester, make the testing speed normal, because 31 is slow and 32 is too fast on all ticks.
Evgeny Belyaev:
I support
I support!

Dr.Trader:
I really miss more advanced optimisation.

1) Own ticks loaded from CSV. The only reason why I'm still using MT4 is that I can load real ticks into it, autogenerated ticks in mt5 is useless and generally harmful.

2) Genetic optimization by its own criterion which is not integrated in OnTester. For example, I want to optimize the result by the total balance divided by Sharpe Ratio :) - If this is not added by OnTester developer, everything is lost.

3) Walk forward optimization. The optimizer should find not only the right parameters but also the duration of backtest and the duration of real trading period.
For example, we give the optimizer 2 years of history, try different parameters and different optimization periods, and get the results that the Expert Advisor needs to be optimized every month, on the history of the previous 5 months to maximize profit.
Now we have to optimize every week! The quote algorithms are changing and inventing new ones more and more often! Our enemy does not sleep!

I want:

1) Detach the chart of a specific symbol from the window of an MQL program (which can work with any symbol) or introduce a new type of programs run by click.

• No need to cancel the chart with all sorts of tricks
  • no unnecessary slow events and constant self-repaintings in the window (the application itself decides when to redraw the window)

2) Allow software to work with mouse wheel

3) Include third party fonts as a resource (otherwise I have started porting the svg libraries).

• get scalable graphics
  • use ready-made fonts ala fontawesome etc. (http://glyphsearch.com/)

Thanks so much for the kanvas, testing frames and events!

Reason: