Forex dealers to stop operating in Russia after the New Year - page 5

Дмитрий:

There is no role for call centres, representative offices and other bullshit.

The main and most important role is to whom do clients transfer money?

Clients have to transfer money to a Russian company, and it has to pay taxes to the Russian budget: that's what it's all about. This is the only thing that plays a role, not call centres, representative offices and other nonsense.

Well, there is one thing I do not understand. Can they make a foreign company work here?

forexman77:
Well, here's one thing I don't understand. Can they make a foreign company work here?
They can. The Americans have made them do it - they just banned advertising of all forex companies which are not registered in the USA and obliged by law all such companies to keep their servers at their place of registration (i.e. in the USA).

Alexandr Murzin:
And how to find out. Asking them is doubtful.
forexman77:
Even if the contract has details of an offshore company? As a rule, the contract is concluded with a company, not a representative office.

When a contract is made through a representative office, it says so.

So you have to look at who the money will go to and where it will go.

And where is the money transferred - usually to other shell agents.... Or does someone pay directly to the DC?

Дмитрий:
They might. The Americans forced them to do it - they simply banned all advertising of forex companies which are not registered in the USA and by law obliged all such companies to keep their servers at their place of registration (i.e. in the USA).

Many people don't even need advertising, there is the internet now. There are a lot of people trading in the US, many times more than in Russia, which means that if there are bans, some won't work with Russia at all and that's it.

So the conclusion is that there will be even fewer traders.

The point is that banks can now be required to withhold personal income tax when funds from DC clients are credited to their accounts. But it will not be realistic to get a deduction - that is the danger.

forexman77:

Many people don't even need advertising, there is the internet now. There are a lot of people trading in the US, many times more than in Russia, which means that if there are bans, some won't work with Russia at all and that's it.

Hence the conclusion is that there will be even fewer traders.

In 2014, according to research, 400 thousand Russian citizens were working with forex companies. The average deposit was about $900.

Can you imagine how many taxes didn't make it into the RF budget? That's exactly what the law is for.

Дмитрий:

In 2014, research showed that 400,000 Russian citizens were working with forex companies. The average deposit was around $900.

Can you imagine how much tax did not make it into the RF budget? That is exactly what the law is for.

According to my calculations (based on the above data) the RF budget was short-changed by as much as 135 million rubles. ))) A sizable sum, nothing to say...

Игорь Герасько:
According to my calculations (based on the data given above), the Russian budget was underpaid by as much as 135 million roubles. ))) Quite a sum, I'd say...

Where did this figure come from?

What rate of VAT and profit tax did you calculate?

Дмитрий:

Where did this figure come from?

What rate of VAT and income tax did you calculate?

What does this have to do with VAT? Individuals do not pay VAT.

Игорь Герасько:
What has VAT got to do with it? Individuals do not pay VAT.

What does this have to do with individuals if we are talking about taxation of forex companies?

The state already receives taxes from individuals - forex companies transfer their profits to your bank card from abroad. The law is necessary for the taxation of legal entities

Reason: