Servicedesk. Complaints, suggestions. - page 2

Waiting for arbitration for a very long time. Week 3 (they asked me to wait for 2 weeks, OK).

Renat Fatkhullin:
We'll fix it in quad - we've gone overboard with the aggressive unloading of unused charts.

Renat, did you read my initial post? Why isn't it in use? There are queries to it every tick, much more often than once every 10 seconds. Or unused = not open? Please explain.

Very glad, however, that you listened to what I said.

Ilya Malev:
If MT5 functionSeriesInfoInteger is not used, and instead of it we use old MT4 functions, iBars, iTime, MarketInfo, etc., then the problem remains?

Using iTime( _Symbol, period, Bars( _Symbol, period )-1 ) we can get the time of the first available candle on the chart.

But to get the time of the first candle on the server I haven't decided which construction to use.

Using SeriesInfoInteger we do it very simply: SeriesInfoInteger( _Symbol, period,SERIES_SERVER_FIRSTDATE);

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Renat, did you read my initial post? Why isn't it being used? There are queries to it every tick, much more often than once every 10 seconds. Or not used = not open? Please explain.

That's why I write "over-aggressive unloading".

We will definitely look into it.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Using iTime( _Symbol, period, Bars( _Symbol, period )-1 ) you can get the time of the first available candle on the chart.

But to get the time of the first candle on the server I haven't decided which construction to use.

Everything is done simply with SeriesInfoInteger: SeriesInfoInteger( _Symbol, period,SERIES_SERVER_FIRSTDATE);

Doesn't MT4 load the whole series before calling the time series? So, if iBars access the non-native timeseries in the MT4 script in a cycle with a second interval, then the result will be different?

Ilya Malev:
But doesn't MT4 load it completely before calling the time series? So, if iBar calls an "unknown" timeseries in the MT4 script with an interval of one second, the result will be different?

See also. You can limit the availability of history by setting the terminal to Max bars in the window. Then there will be more history on the server than on the chart. It is logical.

If you address via the SeriesInfoInteger() function, then, in order to always have access to the data, if this function returns 0, call the iTime() function from the necessary symbol/period. But this, firstly, is not documented anywhere, and secondly, it is not correct, because it is guaranteed to get data from the function, you can only use another function. Then why do we need this function!

But as I said, theSERIES_SERVER_FIRSTDATE propertydoesn't seem to be duplicated. Which means that at least for this reason, the SeriesInfo function... is needed.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

If, on the other hand, the SeriesInfoInteger() function is called, in order to always have access to the data, if this function returns 0 - call the iTime() function from the desired character/period.

I would understand the urgency of this problem, if suddenly, instead of getting data from the required TF, MT4 functions - iHigh, iLow, ... iBars etc. returned an error (0). MT5 functions are simply not needed in MT4, there is no asynchronous data loading, as far as I understand. And there is no point in complicating things.

Ilya Malev:
I would understand the relevance of this problem if suddenly, instead of getting data from the TF you are looking for, the MT4 functions - iHigh, iLow, ... iBars etc. returned an error (0). MT5 functions are simply not needed in MT4, there is no asynchronous data loading, as far as I understand. And there is no point in complicating things.

Whether or not it makes sense is another question.

But once again, I don't know a way to get the date of the first available bar on the server by symbol, other than through the SeriesInfoInteger() function. Maybe you know?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Whether or not it makes sense is another question.

But once again, I don't know a way to get the date of the first available bar on the server by symbol, other than through the SeriesInfoInteger() function. Maybe you know?

Why would you want to get it?

Ilya Malev:
Why do you need to get it?

If only because it is stated in the documentation and I want to use it.

To download and check history, similar to MT5: https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/series/timeseries_access

I repeat the question, do you know how to get this date by means of old mql4?

Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Организация доступа к данным
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Организация доступа к данным
  • www.mql5.com
Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / Организация доступа к данным - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5
Reason: