Tick story - page 26

Vladimir Karputov #:

I have attached an EA that prints out these codes in OnInit():

and the result:

There is no "24" among the results.

Vladimir Karputov #:

I have attached an EA that prints these codes on OnInit():

and the result:

There is no value "24" among the results.

Ran into a similar problem interpreting Flags

2 - tick changed price of bid

4 - tick changed price asc

8 - tick changed price of last transaction

16 - tick has changed volume

32 - tick occurred as a result of Buy deal

64 - tick occurred as a result of sell transaction

If I understood the above correctly:

16+8=24 (last trade price and volume changed)

32+24=56 buy tick (price and volume of last deal have changed)

64+24=88 sell tick (price and volume of last trade have changed)

Flags=24 never appeared, but Flags=120 very often

56+64=120 (?)

88+32=120 (?)

how to interpret Flags=120 ?

please comment, who understands.

Sergiy Riehl #:

how to interpret Flags=120 ?

please comment, who understands.

Use the programmer calculator built into Windows:

It follows that decimal 120 is formed by binary bits with indices: 3, 4, 5 and 6. Or as you suggested to consider: 64 + 32 + 16 + 8

Ihor Herasko #:

Use the programmer's calculator built into Windows:

It follows that the decimal 120 is formed by binary bits with indices: 3, 4, 5 and 6. Or as you suggested to consider: 64 + 32 + 16 + 8

Thank you for your reply. Programmer's calculator won't help me much (I don't possess fundamental knowledge).

If we assume that 120=64+32+16+8, then the tick with flags=120 means that this tick is the result of a buy trade (32) and sell trade (64) at the same time.

How is it possible?

Ihor Herasko #:

Use the programmer's calculator built into Windows:

It follows that the decimal 120 is formed by binary bits with indices: 3, 4, 5 and 6. Or as you suggested to consider: 64 + 32 + 16 + 8

interesting understanding of non-decimal calculus)

Sergiy Riehl #:

Thanks for the reply. A programmer's calculator won't help me much (I don't have any fundamental knowledge).

It's enough to understand binary notation. It's pretty simple there. Then on this basis, if desired, it is easy to learn any other number system: hexadecimal, octal.

If we suppose that 120=64+32+16+8, then a tick with flags=120 means that this tick is the result of a buy deal (32) and a sell deal (64) at the same time

How is it possible?

Theoretically possible (I haven't seen it in practice). I don't see anything strange in it. The broker showed that he processed two trades at the same time and processed it in one tick. For some reason he didn't want to split it into two ticks.

Ihor Herasko #:

It's enough to understand the binary number system. It's pretty simple there.

It depends.)) Some people can't get through)))) Although it is simple... Sorry, my wife sometimes tutors schoolchildren on the subject... slipped out....) Happy Holidays!!!!

Ihor Herasko #:

All you have to do is understand binary notation. It's pretty straightforward. Then, on this basis, if desired, it is easy to learn any other number system: hexadecimal, octal.

Theoretically it is possible (not encountered in practice). I do not see anything strange in it. The broker showed that he processed two trades simultaneously and processed it in one tick. For some reason he didn't want to split it into two ticks.

Broker AMR flags=120 routine.

I've been watching it for 24 hours. The usual case flags= 2;4;6. It is clear, it is changing bid/ask prices.

At no time does flags=32; flags=64 appear. Instead it shows flags=56;88;120.

I accept that flags=120 combines two events in one tick, but it (in my opinion) conflicts with the idea of a tick as a separate event.

Reason: