Feedback on MQL5 - page 2

There will always be some dissatisfied traders. I think MQL5 is ideal and the only thing that prevents me from switching completely from MQL4 is that brokers are not in a hurry to switch to MT5.

Sergey Basov:
There will always be some dissatisfied traders. I think MQL5 is ideal and the only thing that prevents me from switching completely from MQL4 is that brokers are not in a hurry to switch to MT5.
Your trading robot is a very good one, but why aren't you using Mt5 for signals?

I'm telling you that brokers take their time with MT5. I am not in a hurry to change brokers with MT4, but with MT5 you have to search for one and count them on your fingers.

urusov:

So, based on my feedback above, what you've programmed for the sake of programming is completely unsuitable for the purposes MQL is intended to serve. Thank you for forcing me to simply ignore such a tool as OOP in MQL5.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/351

I read both Stroustrup and Nicalai Josuttis http://www.cppstdlib.com too , but everything you write says nothing about the lack of connection between what the respected book authors write and the fact that something can't be written in MQL OOP style, I got the impression that I've read and understood very little, but decided to post it anyway)

Without concrete examples of what I can do in С++ and what I can't do in MQL, the review looks childish, to put it mildly )

Основы объектно-ориентированного программирования
Основы объектно-ориентированного программирования
  • Dmitry Fedoseev
  • www.mql5.com
Для использования объектно-ориентированного программирования (ООП) вовсе не обязательно знать что такое полиморфизм, инкапсуляция... можно просто пользоваться его возможностями. В статье рассматриваются основные возможности ООП с примерами их использования.

99% of trading doesn't need OOP at all

it is good that it is there, but it is not necessary.

But if the developers added a layer that allows you to easily set logic and work with orders - that would be very useful.

i know what i'm going to get now.

but i don't want to study the peculiarities of classes, etc.

I need a good analytical tool, not programming for programming's sake

transcendreamer:

99% of trading OOP is not needed at all

Well, no one is arguing with that ) it was invented to reduce the amount of code, if you have up to 1000 lines of code and you understand it all yourself, and the code is for your own use, i.e. does not require other people to look into it.... write it however you like ) even if you put all code in the main function, no one will say it's wrong )

transcendreamer:

but i don't want to study the peculiarities of classes and so on

I need a good analytical tool, not programming for the sake of programming.

that's not how it works ... there are certain rules and standards... If you want to simplify (encapsulate)), order it on freelancer, they will write libraries for your needs.

I've seen somewhere, you can make robots without programming... like building cubes... might be worth a try, eh?

I likeMQL5 as opposed toMQL4, but another issue that has been bothering me for a long time is the usability and functionality of metaeditor

As for the language itself, it is getting better and optimized, metaeditor has remained the same and looks rather primitive after other IDEs,

Even notepad++ with some plugins looks more functional. This is a little frustrating.

Serhiy Dotsenko:

Duck, no one is arguing with that ) it was invented to reduce the volume of code, if you have up to 1000 lines of code and YOU understand it all yourself and the code is for your own use, i.e. does not require other people to look into it.... write it however you want ) even if you put all code in the main function, no one will say it's wrong )

transcendreamer:

that's not how it works... there are certain rules and standards... If you want to simplify (encapsulate ))), order it from freelancer, they will write libraries for your needs.

I've seen somewhere, you can make robots without programming... like building cubes... it might be worth a try, huh?

i used a bulgarian builder (not sure what you can call it on this forum, it can be easily googled by keywords forex strategy) but unfortunately it only allows simple strategies, most of the known indicators are already built in by default, although they are not much needed, yet there was an interesting mode - strategy generator, but these strategies are usually adjusted and although they work for 2-3 months

I personally would like to separate the system part of mql from its applied/analytical part - for example, as it has been done in Easy language (please do not ban me, this is not advertising) where I could deal with any crocodile without caring about the order execution features and others.

Of course, you can use custom classes in mql, but as a rule, it is easier to write your own code than to deal with classes.

I know OOP if anything (in general), but I try to avoid it

I liked that having written code in mcl4 using the latest innovations and having inserted this code into mcl5 all worked without problems...

Unfortunately meta unitor lacks simple functionality, and the functionality which is with bugs and does not allow to work adequately...

Reason: