Proposal to the administration and local residents

Here's an idea.

Since there is no competent, intelligent training in MKL4/5 programming anywhere, and on Runet you can find unthinkable nonsense,

Maybe there is a sense in making some training pages where different code variations will be offered.

And users with a certain rating, for instance, more than 20 000 can edit this code or add their own version and put grades.

A simple example: A user offered the variant of order search by history.

for(int i=OrdersHistoryTotal()-1; i>=0; i--)
      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY))
         if(OrderSymbol()==_Symbol)
            if(OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber || MagicNumber==-1)

but this variant is not quite correct.

A more experienced programmer with the rating of over 20,000 can edit the code to make it correct or just give the code a grade of, say, 3 out of 10 and, perhaps, offer his or her own variant.

What do novice programmers get?

More competent information and training.

Answers to your questions how to make it correct, how to make it reliable, how to make it faster, how to make it professional, etc. ..........

What the resource will get:

Fewer topics on the forum with all sorts of trivial questions.

A base of correct (a kind of tutorial) code for beginners to learn from.

I am interested in your opinion.

It is difficult to find sensible information for a dummy on how to work with orders. Instead of giving an answer to a specific question (a couple of lines of code) they send me to re-read long forum threads, saying that I have to plunge into all difficulties and go through the process of gaining knowledge, so that I feel respect for holders of this knowledge, but before that I feel indulgence in communication... Why? Apparently because knowledge is for sale here and no one intends to share it for free.

Vladimir Pastushak:

An idea came up

Interested in your opinion.

Unfortunately, the chances are absolutely nil - proven by a bunch of dead projects that hoped for "the community to do it itself".

Such things are created solely for money (directly or covertly), under competent management and control. Look at the MQL5 documentation section - years of work by many authors and translators have been invested there.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Unfortunately, the chances are absolutely zero - proven by a bunch of dead projects that hoped for "the community will do it all by itself".

Such things are created solely for money(directly or covertly), under competent management and control. Look at the MQL5 documentation section - years of work by many authors and translators have been invested there.

There are only examples. They are not enough. I need more, I think others do too...

I want to increase my skills as a programmer and give right advice to newbies to develop community...

How can I help the community if I cannot distinguish between good and bad code?

How can I distinguish good code from bad code? How do I distinguish good code with OOP from bad ?

Articles ? Articles are good, recently we parsed the code given in the article and made one article out of 10 lines of code

The aim is not to promote something or catch traffic or create a separate project or make profit/loss...

The purpose is to create a knowledge base, now I need to trawl through a lot of topics, a lot of pages to find what I need, I know that much work has been done on the search, but unfortunately the search is weak.

I learned the basics from the tutorial, but unfortunately it's just the basics, and now I need more educational and quality information, the MQL5 documentation is lacking unfortunately...

I suggested the option because I can not find good examples, competent implementations ... Can quality training provide something else?

We want to write an MQL5 textbook ourselves, but we need to work up the courage to do so.

Renat Fatkhullin:
We want to write an MQL5 textbook ourselves, but we have to have the courage to do it.
If I could I would share my courage...

Renat Fatkhullin:
We want to write a textbook on MQL5 ourselves, but we have to be brave enough to do it.

Let's make one together ?

Following the example of my suggestion, a base of correct codes will be developed, and editors will assemble everything and describe it in a textbook!

One thing is when 20-30 people are working and then bugs are fixed by them, and another thing is when 50-100 experienced programmers do some basic stuff...

I don't see anything wrong with my idea, except labor hours to create a web interface to create a database of quality codes...

Unfortunately, this is not how projects are made. That's how they get buried...

Do you need some kind of special interface for this? There was a thread here somewhere with a lot of flaming, which eventually worked out the optimal code for the TF to string value conversion function. It's enough to have a separate topic like "How to code correct peppers" and put there links to posts with final code + description. Or post the codes themselves, without links. Flaming and chattering will be separate, the rest in one topic. No one prevents you from moderating a topic, but it would be better if someone with moderator rights would moderate it.

All that needs to be done is to supplement the relevant sections with this most "correct" from the point of view of the same administration code (different variants of it to choose from - how best, how not to...) - so to speak to bring everything together. Otherwise, it's true, both experienced and beginners will never get this mess together...

But it is clear - this requires effort and time

and if the rating is over 20,000 and the programmer is useless :-)
Reason: