A few requests on MT4 - page 3

However, I would like to know more about the use of e-mail in the terminal.
What we write in the properties is clear, for outgoing mail. But in order to receive it, we also need the address where the message will come... Where do I put it? Only in Expert Advisors or scripts?
Maybe, the address that was indicated when creating an account?
If alerts (signals) are triggered, then this function does not work in the terminal, only a beep is emitted?
Can we add another function for sending messages about specified events: price getting, order triggering, etc.?
Sorry for the lack of understanding, I'm not really a lamer ... but it's not clear here, that's all !!!
And if this is the only way the E-mails are used, then...
I am not trying to program in MQL4 yet, I am more interested in the terminal itself and its features without external developments (i.e. scripts, Expert Advisors, etc.).

I would also remind you of the possibility to use ICQ for sending messages.
If you need a postal account to send E-mails, why not use ICQ for that too?
Also "scored": ICQ server, number and password. And although it's not a very special request, consider it at least as a possibility to use it in the future.

Kombat, using email is very simple. If you have a mailbox like kombat@mail.ru , specify kombat@mail.ru as your e-mail address and specify smtp.mail.ru as your SMTP server, no username or password is needed. You can check your mail server settings or ask your provider for clarification.

In the terminal there will be only basic operations - unnecessary (functions on all occasions) to add
all occasions - we will not add anything superfluous. ICQ is not needed here at all - if you are on the Internet (since ICQ works), it means that the terminal is handy.

Yes... I'll postpone the email thing for now, I only asked about ICQ because it, like email, can be used on a mobile phone, so I just wanted a bit of speed in getting messages.
No so no, not really necessary. E-mail is enough.

There are more interesting topics... and here's one of them:
(just a thought...)
When using several MTs, traffic, although small, is logically wasted.
Is there no possibility to use some small client Data Center, provided that MTs work with one broker. Of course, I saw on your website information about data centre offered by your company, but... I don't know if it is possible to use it for regular customers, prices...
If it is possible and prices allow, of course we will use it.

Data Center is precisely designed to reduce traffic, it can be installed in places where more than 2 terminals are used (at least 2-3, otherwise there will be no savings due to overheads). Data Center is completely free of charge.

In one of the arguments (if memory serves me correctly with SKILL who was banned), SLAVA mentioned DATA CENTER as an opportunity to shape your timeframes with it.
Is this true? And if so, I did not understand where DATA CENTER is located for downloading.

Suggestion.
It would be quite convenient to have the current indicator values displayed like the current price value on the right side of the chart. However, if such a feature is implemented, it should always be possible to disable it.

The article on installation and configuration of MetaTrader Data Center ( "Data Center" ) will be posted on the website tomorrow.
It will be available for download in the software section.

It would be quite convenient to have the current indicator values displayed like the current price value on the right side of the chart. However, if such a possibility is implemented, it is necessary to provide a way to disable it.

Unfortunately, we won't do it. All this is already available in Data Window.

Is it possible to make a pop-up menu in addition to the "Horizontal line 123456" to show the price value when the mouse is over the horizontal line?

Here's what I want to ask...
(a topic for thought)
I have a "Quotes window" called by F10. I've found only one use for it (as it was designed): I open it to full screen on the adjacent monitor and look at quotes with one eye. It's handy, isn't it? Besides, it increases font size automatically.
But... ...there's always something else I want... ...and here:
- is it possible to make it possible to select the pairs displayed in the window ?
- If we want to show information about open orders in the lower part of the window, i.e. "Type", "Symbol" and "Profit" items
In order to show the "state" of orders from afar as well :)

And, if such a situation takes place...
To make a program module (*.exe file) that would run such a window with quotes.
You often don't need to keep the terminal open, and it wouldn't hurt to see quotes (and your broker's quotes)...
Reason: