Testing 'CopyTicks' - page 44

Slava:

Because the tester has more ticks than when it was first started.

I don't fully understand why the availability of ticks depends on the sequence of actions?

Do I understand correctly, that the tester and the terminal have their own different tick storages? And if testing is started from April 8 (conditionally), then it does not matter what ticks the terminal has, the tester will see them (and will be able to return them) only from April 8? And there is no synchronization between them, if the EA wants to pick up the ticks earlier?

This mechanism causes some problems. Apart from the above described and unobvious behaviour, it doubles the memory consumption, when the ticks are essentially the most voluminous entity on the hard disk. Is it possible to count on rewriting such logic on a single tick store?

fxsaber:

I don't fully understand why the availability of the ticks depends on the sequence of actions?

Because the tester synchronises the ticks exactly over the testing range. And those ticks remain in the tester's database for later use

traveller00:

Do I understand correctly, that the tester and the terminal have their own different tick storages? And if testing is started from April 8 (conditionally), then it does not matter what ticks the terminal has, the tester will see them (and will be able to return them) only from April 8? And there is no synchronization between them, if the EA wants to pick up the ticks earlier?

This mechanism causes some problems. Apart from the above described and unobvious behaviour, it doubles the memory consumption, when the ticks are essentially the most voluminous entity on the hard disk. Is it possible to rewrite such logic on a single ticks storage?

There is a work in progress in this direction.

If the test agent is local, it will not hold the tics

I've encountered a situation where I change the history of a custom character (add to it), but it stays the same in the Tester.

Remedies by deleting the history from the tester archive.

fxsaber:

I've encountered a situation where I change the history of a custom character (add to it), but it stays the same in the Tester.

I can fix it by deleting the history from the tester archive.

Meaning by day, adding the new days? And he does not see these new days? Or in the course of things, in the middle of one day additions go?

traveller00:

You mean by day, the new days are added? Does it not see these new days? Or does it add new days in the middle of the day?

I take the ticks of the current day and write them in custom with a day/week offset to the past. Thus, I can backtest on fresh ticks.

Anton:

Thanks again.

Yes, in 2380 the problem was accidentally introduced and then it was quickly fixed. But it managed to get into build 2380.

Unfortunately since then there are no new builds where everything is fixed on MetaQuotes-Demo yet.

You can either roll back to any previous build or wait for the next build on MetaQuotes-Demo.

I am having a lot of trouble downloading ticks from one trading server with great difficulty, glitches and other troubles.

I cannot provide access to the account on this server.

Do you have a technical possibility to check the cause of such a horrible situation with downloading quotes if I just name the server?

I faced with another situation when on the server, where everything was always fine, started getting 4403-error from CopyTicksRange. Only Terminal reloading helped.

Terminal is 2361, EA is compiled in 2396.

fxsaber:

I am having great difficulty, glitches and other troubles uploading ticks from one trading server.

I cannot provide access to the account on this server.

Do you have a technical possibility to see the cause of such a horrible situation with downloading quotes if I just name the server?

I faced another situation when on the server, where everything was always fine, started getting 4403-error from CopyTicksRange. Only Terminal reloading helped.

Terminal is 2361, EA is compiled in 2396.

More information is needed. With this description of the problem, no logs, no example code, it is impossible to even start checking.

Anton:

More information is needed. With this description of the problem, without logs, without code example, it is impossible to even start checking.

Simply CopyTicksRange in the Terminal or run Optimisation on the real ticks of all symbols from Market Watch. In this case Optimisation can burn for hours - nothing happens.

Reason: