Testing 'CopyTicks' - page 5

Karputov Vladimir:
So I'm asking for two pages: give the shortest possible example (I clarify, just in case, that "example" is *.mq5 file in number of one pieces - that is, just one), which shows the problem.
Well, at least you were given a whole hypha... And at first I thought that the monitor was dying...

Attached is the source that generates the two subsequent text files. The screenshot of part of these files above is an example of the difference in both flags and volumes.

zimbabve15:

Attached is the source that generates the two subsequent text files. The screenshot of part of these files above is an example of the difference in both flags and volumes.

I told you - it needs to be simplified. Here is indicator: it displays flags of two MqlTick structures in one line (one structure is filled via CopyTicks, the second one via SymbolInfoTick). Additionally the flags of these two structures are compared - in case if the flag is equal to zero, then Alarm.

the result of your indicator on my terminal.

I didn't quite understand the premise of your last message, either I need to redo it, or you showed me how it should have been done and did it yourself. Your method and mine show the difference in the structure of ticks taken by different methods. What have we come to?

zimbabve15:

the result of your indicator on my terminal.

I didn't quite understand the premise of your last message, either I need to redo it, or you showed me how it should have been done and did it yourself. Your method and mine show the difference in structure of ticks taken by different methods. What have we come to?

On what trading server and on what instrument do you test? Flags with "0" are clearly received - this is a fault of the trade server.

Let's say there's a trading server glitch with the flags. What about the volumes? A couple of posts above, I sent a screenshot and two text files, which clearly shows that the flags not only can be zero, but on the same ticks obtained by different methods they are different, and different volumes - this is two. If there was an error during the transfer from the server andSymbolInfoTick gets incorrect information, then on the basis of what data does CopyTicks function get ticks with a different volume? And what to believe?

Two attached files - the same way collected ticks, but on euro-dollar pair at FiboGroup broker. Look, although there are no zeros, but there is a mess with flags

Below is a screenshot and files of tick history of MetaQuotes-Demo server. Flags of the same ticks received by different methods are different.

As a result, on two different forex trading servers of different companies one and the same tick, received through CopyTicks andSymbolInfoTick have different flags, on the exchange trading server along with this different volumes are broadcasted.

zimbabve15:

Below is a screenshot and files of tick history of MetaQuotes-Demo server. The flags of the same ticks received in different ways are different.

As a result, on two different forex trading servers of different companies one and the same tick, received through CopyTicks andSymbolInfoTick have different flags, on the exchange trading server along with this different volumes are broadcasted.

They are different on MetaQuotes-Demo - because, once again, the example should be as simple as possible. My flags are the same on MetaQuotes-Demo today.

Try setting the depth of the tick request to two in your indicator and see the following values in the debugger:

The element with index 0 of tick_array array shows history, i.e. the second tick requested. And if you watch how values change on each iteration - three of them change synchronously and show current value of the flag, and the same value on the next step of the run should be shown in tick_array[0]. As it should be it doesn't happen. Or CopyTicks function works correctly with history depth no more than 1 tick?

Reason: