Question on FORTS quotes - page 5

Mikalas:

And you, my dear fellow, look carefully at what I am writing.

Don't confuse FOREX and FORTS - absolutely DIFFERENT things!

Why should I write an indicator?

OnTick is supposed to provide MARKET information, that's what it's called!

I am being very careful.

You don't have to. But don't complain that "the skis aren't going", but look to see if you're standing on asphalt.

Once again, you misunderstand the purpose of the OnTick event handler.

Gentlemen programmers!

Of course, you can find 100 ways to receive and analyse quotes, but why

WHY OnTick?

P/S komposter, please? Explain to me the purpose of OnTick

Mikalas:

Gentlemen programmers!

Of course, you can find 100 ways to receive and analyse quotes, but why

WHY OnTick?

To process the event of the last market change in the Expert Advisor.

komposter:
To process the event of the last market change in the EA.

And it is written in the handbook:

The NewTick event is generatedonly for Expert Advisors when a new tick is received for the symbol, to the chart of which the Expert Advisor is attached.

It is useless to define the OnTick() function in a custom indicator or script, as the NewTick event is not generated for them.

You have a new interpretation of the documentation .....

The developers only need to reset the volume (at the time of a new order) to make it clear whether a deal or an order has arrived,

and there will be no need to create indicators and other analyzers....

Mikalas:

The developers only need to reset the volume (at the time of a new order) to make it clear whether a deal or an order has arrived,

and there will be no need to create indicators and other analyzers....

Leave your ideas and thoughtfully reread all the correspondence. Otherwise, you will remain trapped in your delusions.

Even after repeated explanations you have not understood the processes taking place, your role in them, and you continue to regard yourself (your program) as the centre of the universe, for the sake of which everything else must freeze and wait for you personally.

In any case, we have already taken up the function CopyTicks, which will allow you to extract the real flow of ticks from the incoming buffer. It will allow to write scalper strategies. Well, and direct access to Time & Sales.

By December 1 there will be a new build of MT5 with new features and special features for the stock markets. By that time the Otkritie broker will also go live with the MOEX currency section. Next will be the launch of options and the main stock section.

Mikalas:

The NewTick event is generatedonly for Expert Advisors when a new tick is received for the symbol, to the chart of which the Expert Advisor is attached.

It is useless to define the OnTick() function in a custom indicator or script, as the NewTick event is not generated for them.

You have a new interpretation of the documentation .....

You read it selectively - https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/runtime/event_fire#newtick

NewTick

TheNewTickevent is generated when a new quote arrives and is handled by theOnTick() function in attached EAs. If at the arrival of a new quote the OnTick function was running on the previous quote, the incoming quote will be ignored by the Expert Advisor, because the corresponding event is not placed in the EA event queue.

All new quotes that come during the execution of the program are ignored by the program until the next execution of the OnTick() function is finished. After that, the function will be started only after the next new quote arrives.

It does not say anything about the order of arrival (on the contrary! omissions are possible), nor about the fact that a trade has been executed.
Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5 / События клиентского терминала
Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5 / События клиентского терминала
  • www.mql5.com
Программы MQL5 / События клиентского терминала - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Mikalas:

The indicators have the OnCalculate method, which is engaged in a guaranteed calculation of each incoming quote.

The indicator needs to know all the ticks without gaps, and it has the right to slow down, because it receives all incoming ticks anyway.

Renat:

In any case, we have already taken up the CopyTicks function, which will allow us to extract the real tick stream from the incoming buffer. This will allow to write scalper strategies. And direct access to Time & Sales.

By December 1, there will be a new build of MT5 with new functions and special features for stock markets. By that time the Otkritie broker will also go live with the MOEX currency section. Next will be the launch of options and the main stock section.

What a great idea! And the buffer would be bigger, bigger))

ZS:

Andrei (who is the composter), you are not right at all. This is an argument between a theorist (you) and a practitioner. I will not argue with you. If something is not clear, you can write to me on the PM.

Dima_S:

Now that's a deal! And the buffer would be bigger, bigger, bigger))

ZS:

Andrey (who is a composter), you're not right at all. It's an argument between a theorist (you) and a practitioner. I'm not going to argue with you. If something is not clear, you can write to me in the PM.

But here you are very wrong. If there's one thing Andrei has plenty of, it's practice. Take his word for it.
Reason: