Hosting webinars at mql5.com - page 3

VDev:

2. I myself have conducted many programming training courses in webinar format and I can say that the effectiveness is very high. For example, I had about 90% of my students mastering MQL4 in 1-3 months....

even if you were to give me a figure of 30% -- even that figure is a gross overestimate.

the reality is much more modest.

The reality is easy to understand, because everyone studied somewhere or other and the real efficiency of any course -- even for a very motivated and selected audience -- is about a couple percent.

VDev:

1. All options are needed. For example, with my speed of perception it's easier for me to read a book, programming videos are too slow for me. But I often watch them too, especially when the thing is brand new and there is a lot of visual material. The videos from techdays, that's the new technology from MS, are good.

2. I already wrote from personal experience - many people just don't understand Kovalev's work, though the book is quite understandable. But the videos are just right for them. I have also got an example: I had a student from Moscow who went to Alpari Offline Courses in MQL4. He took his money back after the first course because he did not understand anything. He did not understand anything at all.
For example, he did not understand what a 4-dimensional array is. He said 1-dimensional is clear, 2-dimensional is a table, 3-dimensional is a cube, but how can I imagine 4-dimensional? And the man is short-circuited. So he's a visual person by nature, if he can't imagine something, he doesn't understand it. I umu came up with a visual example of a 4 or more dimensional array, the stoppers cleared in a second ))

By the way, try to think of a visual representation of a 4-dimensional array )))) And I'll share mine in an hour, I'll go for a walk.

1. You could put especially slow clips at 1.5x speed, as an option.

Let's not go far: there is an element. 1-dimensional - row of elements. 2-dimensional - a table of elements. 3 - several tables (let's combine them into a cube), and 4-dimensional - a row of cubes, 5-dimensional - a table of cubes, etc.

The next step is to move to an "image" of an extensive object, which includes the size of the previous one.

VDev:

By the way, try to think of a visual representation of a 4-dimensional array )))) I'll tell mine in an hour, I'm going for a walk.

A moving cube, a non-linear discrete step.

Tapochun:
Good evening all. Wouldn't it be better to have a competent tutorial and a discussion thread? Say, why don't we "convert" the C tutorial by Kovalev to the new MQL? Everything is "explained" there. I learned to programme with it from scratch, and there were no particular questions. In addition, there is a good documentation on the language. Of course, it will not be fast. But those who need it will figure it out.

Seconded by. If it wasn't for this tutorial, I probably wouldn't have been a MT user. As I had a little background in basic programming, it was quite easy.

abolk:

Even if you were to give a figure of 30% -- even that figure is a gross overstatement.

the reality is much more modest.

The reality is easy to understand, because everyone studied somewhere and somehow and the real efficiency of any course -- even for a very interested and selected audience -- is about a couple of percent.

That was the old MQL4 - without classes. And I'm not saying that all became brilliant programmers)). But 90% were able to understand and at least modify MQL4 programs. Some stopped at this point, others went on.

And also - those were paid courses, the percentage of free courses is really low, though of course not 2%. Freebies are freebies, no one appreciates freebies.

And again about 2% - are you seriously claiming that at Harvard or our St. Petersburg University, yes in any prestigious university, staffed by "initially very interested and selected audience", the graduation rate is only 2%? ))))

I guess we live in different universes ))

Edic:

Seconded by. If it wasn't for this tutorial, I probably wouldn't have been a MT user. As I had a little background in the basics of programming, it was quite easy.

Friends, I'm both hands in favor of creating a tutorial. Who's ready to write a tutorial for free, a-u-u-u-u-u-u-!!!!!! I think even for the money there is no one, it's at least half a year of work in the evenings. I can say that the preparation and recording video for 20-30 minutes takes from 3 to 6 hours. I am talking about programming, with examples, with a lot of edits, so that it was of high quality. With the book I get no less, I also have experience.

Of course, if the book is not about me and my friends drinking beer in a bar yesterday ))

Silent:
Moving cube, pitch non-linear discrete.
I see, but why is the pitch non-linear?

VDev:

Friends, I'm all for creating a textbook. Who is ready to write a textbook for free, a-u-u-u-u-u-!!!!!! I think even for the money there is no one, it's at least half a year of work in the evenings. I can say that the preparation and recording video for 20-30 minutes takes from 3 to 6 hours. I am talking about programming, with examples, with a lot of edits, so that it was of high quality. With the book I get no less, I also have experience.

Of course, if the book is not about me and my friends drinking beer in a bar yesterday ))

How much $ would you pay for an MQL5 book like in MQL4? ?

Edic:
For how much $ would you write an MQL5 tutorial like the MQL4 one? ?
$25,000, otherwise there is no point to me. But there will be people much cheaper.

VDev:

And again about 2% - are you seriously claiming that Harvard or our St Petersburg University, or indeed any prestigious university, staffed by an "inherently very interested and selected audience", only has a 2% graduation rate? ))))

I guess you and I live in different universes )))

well, you're the one ranting with "expertise" about teaching effectiveness -- but confusing "graduation rates" with "teaching effectiveness".

you've probably never even seen the evaluation criteria before -- so get to know(http://shkola-stretenka.edusite.ru/p55aa1.html):

-- since we're talking about programming -- let's take the "assessment of written exams" section.

A grade of "5" is given if the student has:
-- has completed the work completely, without errors or deficiencies;

A grade of "4" is given when the student:
-- performed the work completely, but made no more than one minor error and one deficiency or no more than three deficiencies.

A grade of "3" is awarded if the student: -- did at least half of the work correctly:
-- did at least half of the work correctly or made no more than two major mistakes;

A grade of "2" is awarded if the student: -- made a number of mistakes or made two major mistakes:
-- has made more errors and mistakes than the standard grade of "3"; or has done less than half of the work correctly.

the reality is -- any course's learning efficiency (that's not a 4 or 5, but a real 4 or 5) is at the level of a couple of percent.

Reason: