Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 338

What are the best exchanges to trade bitcoin on? Where are the lowest spreads and commissions?

Now bitmex is sort of the biggest exchange. Spreads are not any smaller. The commission is said to be relatively high, but if you do not send market orders, the commission is very good. There is no MT5. I have a web interface. We have web interface and Ninja, but I have not understood how to connect it.
The main thing is the rest api is there too, that's all some people need.

p.s. It's a bit of a kitchen, lots of nuances on which you can unknowingly lose money in their favour.

Dr. Trader:

The commission is very good, but if you don't make any market orders.

I don't understand. does the commission depend on whether you place a market or a limit order?

Dr. Trader:

The commission is very good, but if you don't make market orders, the commission is on the contrary very good.

could you elaborate?

igrok333:

I don't understand. does it depend on whether you place a market order or a limit order?

Can you tell me more about this?

Transaction fees usually range from 0.1% to 0.2%, depending on the exchange.

There are no spreads as such, orders can be placed within the spread.

igrok333:

Are you placing a market order or a limit order?

No, the commission for a limit order may be the same as for a market order. The tricky thing is that if your order hits the market first and only then executes, you are considered a market maker and get some rebates. In other words, you need a limit order and an offer worse than the market order to hit the market and hang there.

About the "kitchen" - they have dozens of types of orders and limiters there, some always with a commission like a market order, despite what I wrote above. Some limit order types can slip. The market order may be slippery, but there is no indication of this in their appendix.
Also, it's better not to use leverage. For example, if you open with 1:100 leverage, and the price moves 1% to the wrong place - that's it - stop-out, withdrawal. I have a feeling that in Forex it is similar, but on that exchange stops come very quickly, bitcoins are very mobile.
I have never tried to use this kind of service, but I have never tried to buy it on the stock market. It was suspicious.

I'm there personally because of the leverage, other traders have chatted there and said 1:5 is ok, I have not made any stops with it yet. If you do not need leverage, you don't need this market.
You may use them if you know how to do it and you don't need them.

Dr. Trader:
Basically, if you don't need leverage, you don't need the exchange.

What do you mean? Forex brokers have a spread of 150 on bitcoins, but there's only 0.5.

Is there any way to download their quotes?

I don't like bitcoin trading, I prefer to trade something low liquid and not expensive, and to enter/exit orders, that way you can take more profit. Of course, in this market you can wait a week until your order is filled and then another couple of weeks until they buy it out, but it's worth it. I still have 2 sell orders hanging since mid-February, but when I sell, the gain will be x2. The market is not marginal and it's hard to make such a gain on bitcoin.

You can try to open an account with 100p and see how it works, one of the exchanges allows you to do it with minimal costs. It's not Forex at all, with its own rules and execution. The exchange will be a good help to understand price formation in any market. After a few months of trading on exchanges, I look at forex very differently than I saw it before.

I meant that compared to other exchanges it stands out with leverage and rebates, other crypto exchanges usually don't have that. But for simple market order trading with 1:1 leverage you can probably find something more convenient.

Compared to bitcoin, which some of the dilemmas allow you to trade, crypto exchanges are much better, that's for sure.

Quotes can be downloaded via api in json format, but only ticks, no ohlc -https://www.bitmex.com/api/v1/quote?symbol=XBTUSD&count=500&reverse=false&startTime=2018.04.03

Dr. Trader:

But there are only ticks, no ohlc

Too bad... If only there were minutes...

igrok333:

and there's only 0.5.

It's a small advance, but with the commission it will be another 20.5 or so

Reason: