Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 4

what of the previously stated list is included in this beta?

1. The total replacement of MQL4 and MetaEditor 4 by common MQL5 and MetaEditor components - I would like to discuss these points in detail.

Instead of working on the MQL4 -> MQL5 compatibility, we decided to do the opposite. We transferred all MQL5 functions and features to MQL5, preserving all MQL4 features. This means that all the powerful features of MQL5, including OOP and compiler in native code, will be available in MQL4.

To do this, we have developed a single compiler that automatically supports both MQL4 and MQL5. MetaEditor also becomes unified for both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. With it you can compile both MQL4 and MQL5 from any version.

2. In the MQL4 IDE, the MQL5 Storage becomes available right away .

3. The MQL4 code protection increases by an order of magnitude - this is also

4. The App Market will also become available in MetaTrader 4 - this also seems to be true

5. In MetaTrader 4 new graphical objects will be added - how about this ?

6. The App Market for MetaTrader 4 will be opened in MQL5.community in the middle of August - it is.

Быстрое погружение в MQL5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы решили изучить язык программирования торговых стратегий MQL5, но ничего о нем не знаете? Мы постарались взглянуть на MQL5 и терминал MetaTrader 5 глазами новичка и написали эту небольшую вводную статью. Из неё вы сможете получить краткое представление о возможностях самого языка, а также несколько полезных советов по работе с редактором MetaEditor 5 и самим терминалом.

1. As told earlier, metaeditor.exe and mql.dll are now the same for both projects. The old editor and compiler of the quadruple are discarded completely.

5. Will be, have to wait for the beta version of the new terminal in a couple of weeks.

Renat:

1. As told earlier, metaeditor.exe and mql.dll are now the same for both projects. The old editor and compiler of the quadruple are discarded completely.

5. Will be, have to wait for the beta version of the new terminal in a couple of weeks.

Will there be any description with the new language features? Help additions?
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы решили изучить язык программирования торговых стратегий MQL5, но ничего о нем не знаете? Мы постарались взглянуть на MQL5 и терминал MetaTrader 5 глазами новичка и написали эту небольшую вводную статью. Из неё вы сможете получить краткое представление о возможностях самого языка, а также несколько полезных советов по работе с редактором MetaEditor 5 и самим терминалом.

What could this behaviour be due to

The compiler swears if the Expert Advisor has start() and OnStart() at the same time, but is fine with init and OnInit, as well as with deinit and OnDeinit.

VOLDEMAR:

What could this behaviour be due to

Are you referring to the highlighting of function names?

Yes, documentation will be available for release.

The Mqh file is counted as MQL5 code by default. We will fix that.

During autocompletion function name is inserted with word void in brackets, while compiler swears about wrong usage.

--

Interesting feature: For input parameters it accepts (compiles without errors) descriptors equal to input and extern. will it do so?

Even compiles them free mixing.

input int       IntMyParam=360;
extern int      ExtMyParam=360;
struct MyStruct
  {
   int               x;
   double            y,z;
  };
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
class MyClass
  {
public:
                     MyClass(void);
                    ~MyClass(void);
   static string    HelloClasses() {return "Hello mql4 classes & srtucts !!";}
  };
MyStruct myStruct[];
//| Script program start function                                    |
void OnStart()
  {
   ArrayResize(myStruct,ExtMyParam,32);
   for(int i=0;i<IntMyParam;i++)
     {
      myStruct[i].x = i;
      myStruct[i].y = sin(i/180.0);
      myStruct[i].z = cos(i/180.0);
     }
   MyClass::HelloClasses();
  }
(Funny. I propose to leave it as a feature. ))

stringo:
Are you talking about function names highlighting?

It is not only if the function is not highlighted, then the compiler frowns upon it, writes that it is not defined.

I have also noticed that the compiled EA is not compilers, it is not defined.

509 deletes the eX4 file

Renat:

5. There will be, we have to wait for the beta version of the new terminal in a couple of weeks.

Will events other than from tick be added ? (mouse and other beasties) ?

Promised ability to work natively with http protocol ?

ChartPoint <-> PricePoint conversions ?

Reason: