Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 14

sanyooooook:

), I did, but dark people forced me to remove it because of the allegedly strong radiation background coming from the monitor

I'm not that I can not explain, just tired to argue with them, + strongly hummed the video card and the second monitor is not often looked at.

I came to the conclusion that two monitors is cool, but not as often as I need it and removed it for the joy of all )

huh... and i'm already short of two, i want to get a third and then a fourth :)

nasdaq:
Будет ли обновлённый МТ4 читать файлы с расширением .set созданные в МТ5?

.Set - files for MT5 have an uncomplicated format, if MT4++ and will not understand them directly - a converter can probably be made.

FAQ:
Gee... I'm already short of two, I want to get a third and then a fourth :)
I've had three monitors for a long time now and I'm thinking of getting another one (I'm already short of three)... :)

Renat:
It's from 500 build already expanded to 8 threads. Try to test simultaneous trading with 8 experts.

Heh... Looks to me like it's time to bury the four, not improve it...

--

Renat, it's all been calculated and even made out long ago. For mass migration to the five, it's enough(but also necessary) to eliminate just two advantages of the four.

1. It's about the warrant system. Seems like a pseudo-advantage to me, but it's there. For simplicity I will reword it - it's not an advantage of four, but a disadvantage of five. It consists in impossibility to easily and completely simulate the MT4 order system on MT5. This does not allow us to transfer many (not saying that they are good, but attractive to the masses) of F4 trading schemes to F5. And we have great difficulties in migration - not so much the ready-made code, as the schemes (algorithms) of auto-trading. (I have full portability, but I'm not the masses, I'm a special case).

We should not persist. After a couple of librarian (in MQL !!) order-translators that completely simulate the MT4 order system appears, this problem will disappear once and for all.

The openness of the tester/optimizer for third-party quotes. Yes, with some effort, but the substitution of own quotes on the four is quite possible. And this advantage is undeniable. It allows us to separate the processes of building the synthetic (resource-intensive!) and optimizing the Expert Advisors trading on it.Building a synthetic strategy on the fly in MT5 is just too resource-intensive and therefore is not suitable for the optimization process at all. In this case, by "synthetic" I mean something wider than a linear combination of quotes, namely any generated quotes, such as those having strictly defined statistical properties.

This is cured by opening the MT5 Strategy Tester for any quotes. Any. The only acceptable restriction is a simple standardized format. That is all. Otherwise - full freedom.

I perfectly understand that it's not easy (especially in the context of the "strategic line of the party"). But after all, the cloud must first be made unavailable for "synthetics". Then we'll see if the tester is willing to pay for the traffic (distribution to agents), then why not?

MetaDriver:

I am well aware that this is not easy (especially in the context of the'strategic line of the party').

This is probably the main and only limitation of not allowing "alien" quotes.

MetaDriver:

Heh... Seems to me it's high time to bury the quad instead of improving it...

I don't want to be a prophet, but still - I believe that MT4 will live 5 years (maybe more), while MT5 will gradually and steadily "submerge" the entire market at least 10 years.

Gradually MT4 will be improved as long as it makes sense. And as we all understand it will always make sense, because neither DC nor MQ will be able to give up such a piece of pie (at least in the next 5 years).

MetaDriver:

Renat, everything has long been calculated and even stated. For mass migration to Five, it is enough(but also necessary) to eliminate only two advantages of Four.

I hate to repeat myself, but the reasons for migration have nothing to do with technical issues.

Absolutely none. Take this as an axiom (so as not to waste time) and think about the other reasons.

Interesting:

Gradually MT4 will be improved as long as it makes sense. And as we all understand it will always make sense, because neither brokerage companies nor MQ will be able to refuse such a piece of pie (at least in the next 5 years).

I don't know what's going on with attractiveness of MT4/5 for brokers. But I'm observing all snot traders/programmers complaining about F5's drawbacks. When the terminal will be the undisputed leader, the server problems will be solved one way or another. Traders are the breadwinners of the whole industry. Its hard to argue with their priorities.

MetaDriver:

The breadwinners of the whole industry are traders.

:) no way. mercenary investors.

sergeev:
:) No, you didn't. Mercantile investors.
Nope. It is the trader who chooses the terminal. The investor does not care as long as the trader earns money.