MT5 For those who care about speed. - page 7

Give terminal64.exe "real time" priority in Task Manager.

Also set the "Network Connections" service to the same priority.

And use fibre optic internet, or (better) rent a dedicated server closer to the broker's server.

Everyone at this level has multi-core number crunchers, gigabit LANs, and polished chipsets, but here a comrade pulls out a mindlessly copied text from at least 15 years ago and tries to talk about delays.

Even for a clown's job, you have to learn.

zfs:
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Look for the answer in yourself and you will find easier options to get out of the stall.
So far the only thing stopping me is ECN/STp/Exchange execution gateways...I'll have to get to know them better.

i_logic:

Give terminal64.exe "real time" priority in Task Manager.

Also set the "Network Connections" service to the same priority.

And use fibre optic internet, or (better) rent a dedicated server closer to your broker's server.

Will a VPS work? I rent it...

I just do not understand: How with VPS comes out TCP or FTP signal ( I do not know who initializes metatrader) ?

From home it is clear, the signal goes through the Lan port (Ethernet protocol) to the router and from there to the provider and to the gateways.

And in VPS who forms this signal physically-software emulation or what?

But the system on the VPS is working for some reason ... need to somehow measure the Ping but how to put the Ping-program in the Expert Advisor is also not clear ...

Again I will have to go to the bow ... tell the guys please ...

shelandr:

Is a VPS OK? I rent it.

I just don't understand: How does TCP or FTP signal come out from VPS (I don't know who the metatrader initialises) ?

From home it is clear, the signal goes through the Lan port (Ethernet protocol) to the router and from there to the provider and to the gateways.

And in VPS who forms this signal physically-software emulation or what?

But the system on VPS works for some reason...

VPS are different... Either you are provided with a virtual machine, or a separate full-fledged dedicated computer. The latter option is not cheap, in the order of several hundred dollars a month. If you rent for 10-20-30 dollars, it is, of course, a virtual machine.

i_logic:
VPS comes in all shapes and sizes... Either you are provided with a virtual machine or a separate, fully fledged dedicated computer. The latter option is not cheap, on the order of several hundred dollars per month. If you rent for 10-20-30 dollars, it is, of course, a virtual machine.
Yes, I have a cheap option for 8 quid a month.

shelandr:
I got a cheap one for 8 quid a month.

Well, here's another 20 people are sitting on the same computer on the same virtual. No wonder there will be delays :) Even herrings in a barrel will feel more comfortable.

In such cases, the quality of performance is not even an issue, the quality of reflection is.

If the respected moderators will let you through, here is the link, on Habra in the section "Questions and Answers" discussed dedicated servers: Where in Europe to get a dedicated server?

Где в европе брать выделенный сервер?
  • Hellcunt
  • toster.ru
Поделитесь опытом. Перечитал довольно много статей на эту тему, но какие-то определенные предпочтения так и не сложились. Многие хвалят эти: www.serverloft.com/dedizierte-server/ easyspeedy.com/servers/performance_dedicated_servers.jsf www.leaseweb.com/en Кто чем пользуется и где лучше?

Renat:

... That said,MQL5 is a very, very fast programming language due to a good compiler/optimiser and generation of native 32/64 bit executable code...

Do I understand correctly, the generated Expert Advisors, scripts and indicators exist in the form of machine commands of the CPU and not the commands of MetaTrader's virtual machine?

C-4:
Am I right in assuming that generated Expert Advisors, scripts and indicators exist as machine commands in CPU, not as commands in MetaTrader's virtual machine?

Most likely they exist as mnemonic codes which are recognized by the terminal. That's why it is so compact.

Why is there a virtual machine in there? You don't need a virtual machine. Five is written in Visual Studio 2012, so the code speed on MT5 will be almost the same as on C.

shelandr:
I got a cheap one for eight quid.
It's not the price, it's the quality and compatibility.
Reason: