Discussion of high-frequency trading on MT5 - page 11

gunia:

scalping has such an equity variance that no sensible investor would even consider investing in such a risk.

A smart investor looks at the ratio of risk to possible profit, not at the size of equity fluctuations. I personally can't say anything about HFT, it's not really my thing.

AntFX:

A smart investor looks at the ratio of risk to possible profit, not at the size of equity fluctuations.

That's right, MO-profits\sco-equity. In the case of scalping, however, the denominator is huge and the total fraction is small. Extremum at a competent MM is clustered for strategies with density of transactions up to about 10 pieces per day, higher Sharpe ratio and the like fall sharply because of the extreme growth of RMS of profitability.

PS: it's not my own reasoning, I myself only approximately understand their essence and also purely psychologically drooling over the superprofits, but the words of a trader with 20-year experience, which is in the management of 7-figure sums, he has 5-10% per month profit, with a RMS of 1.5% of the current deposit.

gunia:

Oooh! ...

How can there even be HFT inFOREX if there are so few ticks per second?

There you go! At least one sensible idea for 12 pages!

By the way, it's not order execution time that should be counted in HFT, but trade lifetime. And then there's the spread and brokerage fees.

...So - it won't take off!

papaklass:

One of the executives at FXOpen, the broker where hrenfx achieved his results, considers him one of the BEST TRADERS IN THE WORLD. I think the broker has more information about trading than you do. And you are talking about hrenfx "like a foolish youngster" from your high, very low (no offence). And this is despite the fact that you have no results whatsoever.

of course he's the best in the world )))) which one is he? I just knew two more of the world's best in recent years. Only now they are no longer there, and their accounts have gone down the drain. So don't make me laugh. My bell tower suits me and the results are there. I just don't need the king's laurels through suicidal risks. I'm happy with my cozy trading with adequate results.

Why is he a king? In 640 days he earned 6000 pips. One in five traders like him are not in the red. So?

papaklass:

One of the executives at FXOpen, the broker where hrenfx achieved his results, considers him one of the BEST TRADERS IN THE WORLD. I think the broker has more information about trading than you do. And you are talking about hrenfx "like a foolish youngster" from your high, very low (no offence). And this is despite the fact that you have no results at all so far.

The possibility of a publicity campaign is not excluded...

There is no point in arguing about the thousands of percentages. I will simply say that all the percentages, parrots and booms - well, you just can't measure the result with them. You do not see the truth through these big numbers, which actually say very little. The only thing that is useful to know about any account is how many points were earned and what risks the trader took. That's it. Full stop.

Hello Gentlemen,
A few words regarding the results of hrenfx. I do believe he is one of the best in the world, but among auto traders. I have been watching his research and results (with my mouth open) for several years now. I remember his first results, I know he was not allowed to work anywhere (even we had problems) because at the time there was no technology to serve such a profitable client.
Is hrenfx a promotional product by FXOpen? No, it is not, but of course indirectly (voluntarily) its results advertise our services.
Regarding his risks. The main thing is how much he has already lost, i.e. the guy is in good standing, doing research with his own money, as far as I know he does not take other people's money (unfortunately for me) ). There is no perfect strategy in FOREX, and the only indicator to look at is P/L for a period of time.
Regards,
Denis Peganov

lordlev:

Do you think that trading "for everything" is the PAMM that deserves attention?

I provided a link to this PAMM to a specific person, in order to show that he is severely deluded. The post with the "misconceptions" has already been deleted...

lordlev:

... He talks a lot and appears to know a lot, but in practice he acts like a foolish youngster...

... And your hopes of my failure will melt away every month, I assure you. In half a year I will make you swallow everything you think of me...

Analyse your behaviour on the forum... And to what extent your reasoning is relevant to the current discussion... Many here, like you, have spent years studying Forex... And many (I hope that you too) have a profitable TS. But that does not mean that all of them have to write arrogant posts and create themes with provocative and critical names ...

gunia:

How the hell can HFT be inFOREX, if there are so few ticks per second?

This topic has already been answered in this thread:

hrenfx:

The principle of HFT is not about high frequency, it's about speed. Catch and trade is the basis of HFT.

notused:

On the Ukrainian Exchange (UX), sometimes there are no trades for minutes. There you can organise a normal high-frequency robot through Quik and put it at home. There is no point in having it on the floor of the Exchange

Rules

1. Be polite when communicating on this site. Comments that may offend or insult other visitors are forbidden.
  2. Any discussions about banks, brokers, and other financial institutions are prohibited. Such posts are subject to deletion.
  3. The site forbids any form of public displays of personal relationships between the participants.
  4. Any use of obscene expressions is forbidden.
  5. Adverts, spam, and flooding are prohibited.
  6. Repeated violations of the rules, ignoring the comments of the moderator, and even more - openly disrespectful to the Administration of an online resource, leads to blocking the account ("ban").
  7. The Site Administration has the right to make any changes to the Rules that it deems necessary.

gunia:

Can there even be HFT in FOREX if there are so few ticks per second?

If you had read the FAQ andhrenfx's posts, you wouldn't be asking such nonsense.hrenfxis the only one who knows HFT here.

"He is the best in the world" is a bit of a mouthful, trolls will be active immediately, but he is definitely a very competent guy.

lordlev:
There is no point in arguing further about the thousands of percentages of HFH. I will simply say that all percentages, parrots and boars, you simply cannot measure results with them. You do not see the truth through these big numbers that actually say little. The only thing that is useful to know about any account is how many points were earned and what risks the trader took. That's it. Full stop.

You again and again focus on yourself and your pseudo-graal, you have been banned and a couple of bazaar topics that you bloated, and now you`re back on it.

Full stop with your grail.hrenfx hasa lot of useful information, unlike your pseudo claims that you "have seen the light" and will soon become a millionaire. And all of it in a bright and ugly talkative form with lots of excuses, like a little child.

Wait till you get banned forever.

Reason: