Metatester Agent on Windows Server 2008R2 - page 2

In which directories did you put the programmes? Provide the exact paths, please.

Your agents were deleted because there were 15 agents registered on each 8 core computer, 8 agents on each 6 core computer, 9 agents on each 8 core computer, etc.

Renat:

In which directories did you put the programmes? Provide the exact paths, please.

Your agents were deleted because 15 agents were registered on each 8 core computer, 8 agents on each 6 core computer, 9 agents on each 8 core computer etc.

The installation path was not changed, i.e. standard(C:\Program...).

I only installed as many agents as there were cores, last time I installed 1 less agent than a core.

Some of the agents were installed on virtual servers(most of them in imra now) the servers were running on vmware sphere. There were deletions on both virtual servers and purely hardware servers.

FYI:

I haven't noticed this on Windows server 2003 servers, neither virtual nor physical.

I also have a normal flight on Windows 7, Windows Xp.

Respected forum members, be proactive, is this really everyone who has faced a similar problem?

Some time ago there was a forced uninstallation (on command from the cloud) of weak agents - PR < 50 or memory < 0.75Gb.

If the CPU load is not only from the tester agents, the PR could fall below a critical value...

Ashes:

Some time ago there was a forced uninstallation (on command from the cloud) of weak agents - PR < 50 or memory < 0.75Gb.

If the CPU load is not only from tester agents, PR could drop below a critical value...

All of my computers which had agents deleted had cores with PRs around 100 and far more than 2Gb of RAM.

The deletions happened even when the servers were down.

The system does not detect the number of cores correctly.

http://floomby.ru/s1/HBJMg

Here's a confirmation.

It's actually two different machines.

With 8 cores, the agents have 7 each.

The machines are cloned, but they have different names, so they must be reported as one...

We need to do something about it.

Скриншот сделан с помощью Floomby
Скриншот сделан с помощью Floomby
  • xn--e1affnfjebo2d.xn--p1ai
Скриншот 19.11.2012 13:22

This is a common problem in cloned environments, as the hardware and software set is completely the same, right down to the operating system license keys.

Here, changing the computer name is not an option and there is no easy solution. That is, we will not change the accounting system, as it is more expensive and more important than supporting cloned images. The easiest way out is to specify unique license keys for the operating system.

Renat:
This is a common problem in cloned environments, as the hardware and software set is completely the same, right down to the operating system license keys.

Changing the computer name is not an option here and there is no easy solution. That is, we won't change the accounting system, since it is more expensive and more important than maintaining the cloned images. The easiest way out is to write unique licence keys for the operating system.
Without changing the operating system key is there no solution?

GoRo:
Can't you change the operating system key without changing it?
You can try to "change" the hardware within the limits of the virtual machine.
Reason: