Why don't I read the articles? - page 9

St.Vitaliy:
I ended up with 3 documents of 5 pages each, thick books are written to make more money, in popular financial literature the author's idea fits on 2 or 3 pages.
So you're already a professional "sound engineer". :) How much time did it take you to put everything in order and implement your idea?

tol64:
So you're already a professional "sound engineer". :) How long did it take you to put everything in order and realize what you had in mind?
Searching and thinking for 4 years, compiling and testing for another 2, hopefully another year to get away from manual work completely

St.Vitaliy:
Searching and thinking for 4 years, compiling and testing for another 2, hopefully another year to get away from manual work completely
Congratulations, respect for your persistence in achieving your goal and wish you success in what you have set out to do. ))

St.Vitaliy:

But let's not get carried away with trading. Trading is when I buy a commodity for money, i.e. I had one asset and then became another. When I buy gold, oil, cfd for anything, do I get that asset? NO. This platform (MT4 for sure, MT5 is only declared to be different in fact it is used as MT4) for making betting contracts on price changes. Why is there not a single article from the developers about it that explains on the fingers how my order is executed, how it goes from a lower level to a higher one until either a dealer is found ready to make a bet or it is rejected by the system. I am not saying it is good or bad, it is one of the financial services, and if there is a supply it means there is a demand.

You see, when someone makes spread out of olia and sells it as butter, such a factory will be fined and forced to change the labeling to margarine. Let them change the headline on the homepagehttps://www.metaquotes.net/ru

MetaTrader 5 trading platform

to

MetaTrader 5 price change contract platform

Maybe everyone has a different feeling about what the articles and information should be about. This resource is called "Automated Trading and Testing of Trading Strategies" and therefore, first of all, this site is intended for code-writers. You should probably look for things not directly related to programming in other places.

papaklass:
So that's the point. We need to discuss trading, because it is primary, and programming is secondary. But you with your "private banking" kill any modest attempts to let the discussion go in the right direction.

So I don't mind discussing, I'm even in favour and I'll try to answer without being evasive.)

But it would still look like a discussion, it doesn't fit the format of an article...

paladin800:

Perhaps we all have our own feelings about what articles and information should be published here. This resource is called "Automated Trading and Testing of Trading Strategies", so this place is first of all intended for code writers. The things not directly related to programming must be found in other places.
This is the problem, MK wants to create a resource specifically for traders, not a school for young programmers because it is traders who create the cacheflow for the company, while programmers are an element of the product ecosystem.
Документация по MQL5: Общие функции / ResourceCreate
Документация по MQL5: Общие функции / ResourceCreate
  • www.mql5.com
Общие функции / ResourceCreate - Документация по MQL5

St.Vitaliy:
This is the problem, MK wants to create a resource specifically for traders, not a school for young programmers because traders create cacheflow for the company while programmers are an element of product ecosystem.

A question for the administrator/moderator/head of firm.

What was the purpose of creating this resource, as we are pulling the cart in different directions here. Is it more about programming or about forex trading as such? In my opinion, it's more about programming, while my interlocutor would like to talk more about trading. If it is equally split, I agree that there are not so many articles about trading.

You cannot trade without having a system. You cannot create a system without describing its rules and testing it on history. You cannot test it on history unless you can program it. You cannot program it without using the right tool.

Thus, trading and programming are inextricably linked. There is no point of contention.

St.Vitaliy:
That's the problem, MK wants to create a resource specifically for traders, and not a young programmer school, because it is traders who create the cacheflow for the company, while programmers are an element of the product ecosystem.

For traders, any trading platform will do, where the interface contains everything you need to send an order to the broker manually + output of technical indicators on the chart for decision making + news feed. For autotrading any platform will not work. That's why the emphasis is on autotrading and the championships are also autotrading.

I.e. whether the readers want to or not, but this resource is more suitable for those who think before doing something, rather than for lovers of warez with "free" cheese for zarobotka online.

Rosh:

You cannot trade without having a system. You cannot create a system without describing its rules and testing it on history. You cannot test it on history unless you can program it. You cannot program it without using the right tool.

Thus, trading and programming are inextricably linked. There is no point of contention.

The problem is that for the last 4 years I've been earning only using manual trading and testing it manually too, yes MT4 was used, but only because it has SP500 and eurusd. The robotisation is only caused by the desire to remove the routine, but the results at the first stage will only decrease, so until the portfolio of strategies is cleaned up (which may not always happen), automatic trading will be less profitable compared to manual, of course for those who can earn with their hands.
Reason: