Why don't I read the articles? - page 2

If I may, maybe my opinion would be of interest too.

I am a developer, not of strategies, but rather of aides, information panels, something that facilitates trading.

But it's not interesting to read the whole article, because it's too huge... very huge. And sometimes written inaccessible to other members of the community.

It's much more interesting when the basic concepts are explained in an article and some code is attached as an Expert Advisor. All the rest is hidden under a spoiler, and if a person is interested in what is meant in this section - he opens the spoiler and reads it. But it's boring to read the whole article only in the middle or at the end to understand the meaning of what was written... IMHO

Безграничные возможности с MetaTrader 5 и MQL5
Безграничные возможности с MetaTrader 5 и MQL5
  • Anatoli Kazharski
  • www.mql5.com
В этой статье я хотел бы показать пример, какой может быть программа для трейдера, а также, каких результатов можно достичь за 9 месяцев, начав изучать MQL5 с нуля. Ещё этот пример показывает, насколько программа для трейдера может быть многофункциональной и информативной, занимая при этом минимум пространства на ценовом графике. Также будет продемонстрировано, какими красочными, яркими и интуитивно-понятными для пользователей могут быть информационно-торговые панели. Это и многое-многое другое...

Reshetov:

I agree about private opinions.

But all the same, there is no constructive feedback. If everyone expresses their private opinions about articles that do not interest them, then we will end up with the idea that there is no such thing as taste or colour and that any article published must be rejected according to one criterion or another.

but that's the name of the topic,"Why I don't read articles".

so I think it's their private opinion that will be expressed in this thread.

A deficit of self-critical literate readers. Reading culture does not only extend to fiction.

Reshetov:

The thread was created for feedback between readers and writers of Articles published on the resource.

Yuri, there's something about your feedback that's a little off. It's kind of one-sided, don't you think? The thread that Rosh created had a poll in it, but there isn't one here. Where's the poll?
I'd make a poll and it would be obvious why people don't read articles. But, you know better, you're a famous writer, where do I get up to you and your views on "why people don't read".

Do you want to know how I read articles and topics? Very simply, in the style of "let's start with a basement article".

So, what do you have to offer, in my style? Probably not much, or am I wrong?

DmitriyN:

Want to know how I read articles and topics? Very simply, in the style of 'let's start with a basement article'.

So, what do you have to offer, in my style? Probably not much, or am I wrong?

Most authors of articles offer trading ideas that can be adapted to trading in one way or another, not grails with guarantee vouchers. For grails there is another service called Market.

I read articles. Almost all of them, and almost all of them, because I have a constant hunger for information. Most of them are long overdue for me, some of them I do not understand, and only a few articles contain a grain of useful information. But the value of this information is sometimes such that it is worth 'filtering through' these megatons of text.

Reshetov:

"What must be in the text of an article for it to be of interest to me?"

An interesting selling point. Research on interesting topics - market properties, market models, new methods of analysis.

By the way, if a task is set to make a real resource on trading, you may publish some translations as articles from time to time. In English-speaking countries interesting topics are often found which are not covered here at all.

Karlson:

I do not read articles of the level listed by gpwr.It does not affect my trading.

I am only interested in MM and psychology.

I would like to have articles on TS with high quality analysis.

I have not got to it yet.

It so happens that I`ve been on this forum for a long time. As it happens, I have been on this site for a long time. My Expert Advisor is a well-known Russian dealer and I have never read it before. Observations - since 2006 on two forums - 4th and 5th.

Rich:

As it happens, I've been on the forum for a long time... MM - rarely understood by anyone (perhaps an omission of the writers - they don't write clearly and simply about the most important thing, MM). Observations - since 2006 on two forums - 4th and 5th.

Indeed. I hadn't even noticed. There's already a specific topic for writers.

Ready to see any criticism of my last two articles here (on OpenCL). References - one and two.

What are they missing, is the level of presentation too high, etc.

I myself expected there would be more interest, especially in view of the OpenCL thread. But nothing came from anyone on the subject.

Mathemat:

Ready to see any criticism of my last two articles here (on OpenCL). References - one and two.

What are they missing, is the level of presentation too high, etc.

I myself expected there would be more interest, especially in view of the OpenCL thread. But nothing came from anyone on the subject.

I read articles but unfortunately could not come up with anything worthwhile to use OpenCL in the application domain; therefore I read it and forgot about it. It's much easier to adapt the built-in mql5 multitasking when you need it, and you will have fewer problems. IMHO, learning a left-handed language with such limitations and subtleties is a thankless task. Furthermore, the multitasking advantage of OpenCL comes to naught in terms of time wasted in transferring data from one hardware to another.
Reason: