Trading Systems: How to Become a Participant of Automated Trading Championship 2008?

New article How to Become a Participant of Automated Trading Championship 2008? has been published:

The main purpose of the Championship is to popularize automated trading and accumulate practical information in this field of knowledge. As the Organizer of the Championship, we are doing our best to provide a fair competition and suppress all attempts to “play booty”. It is this reasoning that sets the strict Rules of the Championship.

Author: MetaQuotes Software Corp.

here we go again...

• registering relatives and/or friends;

reading between the lines: "Participants are not allowed to have any friends or family who trade forex - you must be isolated"

• submitting EAs written by third parties;

reading between the lines: "Real traders are not allowed to use a programmer to write their EA's, as programmers can write EA's for multiple traders (see above). You must keep your EA's amateurish or face disqualification without justification"

you'd think a little more though would have gone into this by now...

Dear organizers,

here we go again.....

Below is the form you should use to upload in your Participant’s profile all allowed files, namely:

• one EA file as a source code or as an executable file;
  • one file containing the data that may be necessary for your EA to work;
  • up to 5 DLLs;
  • up to 5 indicators.........

Can this be clarified as NO DLL were allowed on previous competiotions ??....

can you be specific in creating your own rules please....

DentStu:
  • up to 5 DLLs;

Can this be clarified as NO DLL were allowed on previous competiotions ??....

can you be specific in creating your own rules please....

Thank you for your remark and sorry for this translation mistake.

Libraries were meant, not DLLs, of course.

Waste of time. With all these strict rules it's quite impossible to win (and then also get the prize-money)... Just keep this in mind:

Organizers are justified in non-admitting to participation in the Championship without assigning any reasons to any developer, in respect of whom there are any smallest suspicions of infringing the Rules.

Hi Organizers!

I have a question...

What do you mean with "Number / Driving License" input that we must fill in the private section?

What if we dont have a driving license?

Can we use Passport Serial Number or National Identity Card Number, instead of driving license number?

Thank you for the answer and good luck.

Kind Regards.

kodyazan:

What do you mean with "Number / Driving License" input that we must fill in the private section?

What if we dont have a driving license?

Can we use Passport Serial Number or National Identity Card Number, instead of driving license number?

Any official document being an unambiguous evidence of your identity. Passports, IDs, driving licenses, etc. are accepted.

I cannot attach my custom indicator

Nvm, problem solved.:D

IV. Trading Terms

4.The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0.1 lot for each order.

Does that means when I want to open an order lets say 4 Lot the next order can not be more than 4.1 ?

I understand that the limit is 5, but what if I want to increase the orde size of the open trades like first order is 1 next one is 2 third one is 4, am I allowed to do that ?

fadiy:

IV. Trading Terms

4.The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0.1 lot for each order.

Does that means when I want to open an order lets say 4 Lot the next order can not be more than 4.1 ?

You can open an order with any amount of lots but less then 5.0 and great then 0.1. For example: Buy 3.0 lots, close Buy. Than Sell 2.4 lots, close Sell, etc.
Reason: