back testing on multiple currency

is there a way to have one EA that trade on multiple currency and test it on strategy tester?

Trading is permitted for the symbol under test only, no portfolio testing

Attempts to trade using another symbol will return error

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1512

Answer: not easily.

You could read data from .csv or load an array with the necessary data. You could use this to provide trade signals FOR the currency loaded in the backtest, but I do not think you would be able to make trades ON any other currency than the one loaded for the backtest.

You could of course write your own little backtester as an EA, and just run it in a chart window. Complicated though ;-)

Or, you could try MT5 if you don't mind the limitations on hedging there. That allows multiple currency trading.

i've seen that article, not good enough for me.

thanks for trying

The article is "not good enough"? Do you mean that you are not "willing" to accept what it says?

Did you notice that:

i'n not following you mate

You said:

not good enough for me

I assume you are referring to the article, rather than to my answer :-)

I'm just curious as to what you actually mean by "not good enough". Do you mean that you do not believe the article is from a source with enough authority for you to be willing to accept its statements? If so, I was merely pointing out that the article was written by MetaQuotes Software Corp. themselves, and so is likely to be the best authority on the subject.

EDIT: Perhaps your confusion stems from my implicit assumption that you realize that I am only referring to the second half of your question. You can of course trade multiple currencies from one EA in live trading. I took that as a given. However you will not easily be able to backtest that in MT4 without significant modification.

clerin6:

However you will not easily be able to backtest that in MT4 without significant modification.

that's the issue, how come on a live trading it's possible but testing it is impossible(without workaround)?

this platform is real something(and i've worked with few)... 

Reason: